RC Enthusiast

Help with LVC misreading!

I have 5000 25c LiHV batteries running 4s (15.2v instead of 14.8) in my truck with the Sidewinder 8th system.

When I run my truck I'm always hitting LVC really fast unlike my 5000 30c batteries. I took the batteries out and put them on the charger, both LiHV read 8V. My LVC is set at 3.2V per cell so it makes since now cause my esc thinks I'm plugging 5s in(18.5V which is 8V cut off)

Is there any way around this? I don't have castle link but even if I did I don't think it would make a difference since it is going off standard lipo voltage.

Would I just have to set my LVC to 12V on the esc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run them in my hel-ah-flopters, and my battery's ops sheet sez that I need to set my LVC to at least 3.4vdc and they prefer 3.5vdc. I set all my copter's LVC's to 3.5vdc for running LiHV batteries, all my truck's/car's LVC's to 3.2vdc for running standard Lipo batteries, and my boat's LVC's to 3.4vdc for also running standard Lipo batteries. Other people may do things differently than me, but I'm just telling you what works well for me.

The best thing for you to do (IMO) is: look at your battery's ops guide sheet, your charger's owner's manual, and your RC vehicle's owners manual to see what's the best for you. That is what I did and do. I think, if you do that, you're going to find out that your LVC needs bumped up just a tad when using LiHV batteries.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-29-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.