E-maxx Basher Build

Hello folks!

So i have planned this build for some time now but never really had the right deal to go ahead. A you maybe remember, i posted a thread of me getting a new emaxx for 390 USD with many upgrades but the seller was an @#* lol. So i decided to look for another second hand deal for more than a month. A week ago, i decided to look on ebay since there was nothing local for sale.

I saw a brand new roller from Germany on auction, so i began to bid on it. It finally went over my budget of 170 EUROS around 180-190 USD and went to 203 EURO... then i decided to contact the seller and see what price he would sell it without auction. he said 170 EURO so it was perfect! now im just waiting for it to arrive so sometine next week it will arrive. i also bought from him a stock body for 35 EURO.

I already have trencher x which i will throw on it. for combo, i won cheap on a auction (170 EURO) a mamba monster mxl-6s combo. finally for receiver im just buying a tsm tqi receiver and link with one of the two tqi i have.

Now, for upgrades i already bought traxxas big bore shocks. i am planning on getting RPM a-arms soon. for bulkhead i dont know, i need your help. im thinking of RPM or trx aluminum bulkheads, which is best? this is going to be a bashing beast, so anything else would be appreciated

Here is some pics of what i got:

Note: the other parts in the pics are for my erevo except the combo and shocks which is for the emaxx ofcourse haha
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 08-30-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    If you are getting aluminum bulkheads, I would suggest the FLM hybrid bulks because you can change to 1/8 scale diffs, or the regular FLM bulks that has the diff case integrated into them for usage with the stock diffs. Otherwise RPM is always good, if you plan on running stock diffs. But I would suggest shimming the stock diffs to beginn with at get better pinion bearings such as Boca or Avid or any other "better brand".
    i have the bearings covered. have many replacements. for the bulkhead, what do you mean with the FLM hybrid bulkhead? can i fit a 1/8 diff from a losi lets say or does it need to be a specific 1/8 diff?

I dont know what specific 1/8 diffs you can fit or what other parts you need, but there are plenty of posts here on traxxas adressing 1/8 conversions. The problem is that, if the bearning fails you will strip the pinion or gear because the mesh gets messed up. That is why you would want to get good bearing from the beginning to prevent this.
    oh ok. i will read about that. but i gotta say, i have never striped a stock diff in my erevo even running it on 6s lipo and im only going to run the e-maxx at 4s. its supposed to be shipped today so as i sayd around next week it will arrive, i will keep you guys posted!

RC Qualifier
    If you want a basher I would buy rpm bulcks the flm bulcks are good but the chassis will be a weak point if you buy the flm but can also happen if you run the rpm and I would also buy the rpm towershocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    If you want a basher I would buy rpm bulcks the flm bulcks are good but the chassis will be a weak point if you buy the flm but can also happen if you run the rpm and I would also buy the rpm towershocks
    thanks! yes i want a basher, then i will go with rpm bulkheads but i also like the looks of aluminum so i will probably buy some aluminum skid plates or anything like that.

RC Qualifier
    Rpm all the way alu skids are a good idea or the rpm skds proctector skids for the stick ones or t bones

So the parcel arrived at my post office today. Going to pick it up on Friday since i have all mornings busy with college and i casually have holiday on Friday so be prepared to see some pics and maybe run video on Friday or Saturday

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Had time to go and pick up the truck, and man.... I love it! Put in the mamba monster mxl6s, TSM receiver, trencher X and the stock body i got.

My two babies together
    Also, here is how you properly park an RC lol

Nice truck, what body are you planning on getting?
    Thanks! Its pretty much stock now except the tires and servo. On bldy, interesting question. I was looking at the proline chevy silverado body, the new version i guess???? I dont know yet. For now im just keeping the stock body and going to reinforce it wih shoe goo and dry wall tape, so yeah. For upgrades, im going ti wait just for now (maybe tomorrow i buy some, im very spontanious lol).

So i finally had some time to take the truck out today for its first run. I was running stock spur with 19t pinion, 4s lipo. I was running on asphalt doing some speed pases just to break the motor in abit, i know brushless dont need break in, but i like to break it in a bit aswell even tho its brushless. I was driving when suddenly i see a black piece fly of the bottom part of the car. Went to see what happened and my center driveshaft twisted and snapped....

I want to upgrade them now. So i have only seen traxxas make the middle sriveshafts CVD's. I really wanted MIP but they dont do them. Is there any other manufacter (not integy) that makes them?
    Cheers

RC Qualifier
    Fast lane machine makes steel center shafts. They come with their aluminum chassis, not sure if they sell seperately

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk