Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dude nice rustler dude I want one so bad to get my 2wd fix.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks dude! I started off with a 2wd stampede and this is basically the same, just need to pep it up a bit haha

Here's another edit at a hill the other day, running proline paddles on the rear only, fronts aren't really needed, It went anywhere

http://youtu.be/RFRkOSciAAk

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4stampedevxl View Post
    It's in great shape, just needs the receiver/motor/esc overhauled and it'll be a solid truck

I only ran 2s for about a month, I was even geared down to 11 tooth too. Not very fast but keeps motor well in the safe range through a 5800 pack

I now run 3s on stock gearing with dual fans and can't turn back to 2s lol
    I think I may try out 3s soon..... Thanks!
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

3s is just so much craziness you will love it.........peace

RC Racer
    Ok everyone, I'm looking into motor options even more now, i would like to swap out the VXL into my rustler.

I own 3s batteries, and would like to keep my motor temps lower then the current VXL. Who has run the mm2 with the traxxas funny car 2400 motor?

would running the mm2/2400 motor on 3s be slower the the vxl/3500 stock setup on 3s?

Sorry if the motor topic has been talked about a lot but it's just unclear to me still lol! Don't want to spend the 150-200$ and have a slower 4x4 then stock stampede

RC Qualifier
    I run the castle 2400 with MMP. You will have to gear up for speed. The 2400 can handle taller gearing, thus faster speeds. It's a torque monster and higher speeds can be achieved.

RC Racer
    I run the MM2 with the 2650kv Castle beast and an 18/54 gear. The car is mental fast on 3s and cannot stay on the ground much with 4s. Motor temps stay very cool.

As the guys have said with the right gearing it will blow your mind and stay cool all day...peace....ps just get ready for 4s power.

RC Racer
    Dirty don - what gearing are you running? 3s?

Crackelaktor - any ideas on actaul speeds? 3s 18 tooth quicker then when you were stock?

Spennie - I've been looking for motors on eBay as my lhs has closed up thinking the 2400 with mm2 as those funny car motors can be had for pretty cheap. The 2650/mm2 is looking to be in the 250$ range

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4stampedevxl View Post
    Dirty don - what gearing are you running? 3s?

Crackelaktor - any ideas on actaul speeds? 3s 18 tooth quicker then when you were stock?

Spennie - I've been looking for motors on eBay as my lhs has closed up thinking the 2400 with mm2 as those funny car motors can be had for pretty cheap. The 2650/mm2 is looking to be in the 250$ range
    Easily hit 60-65mph if you can keep it on the ground. I am struggling to keep all 4 wheels on the road. It is much faster and punchier than stock engine on 18T and it stays cool.

Maybe go for the mm2 and the losi 2800kv 4 pole motor which is made by castle as well as the funny car motor.....peace

RC Racer
    Still looking at my options...there's just too many for me to choose from lol!

So I'm trying to get this rustler running, I put an xl-5 esc in it as it came with a teal sealed esc, but now my xl5 just turns on for a second then shuts off, any ideas what I did wrong?

RC Qualifier
    In my p4de with MMP/2400 I run 54/19. I haven't made any GPS runs with it, but it's plenty fast for what I use the p4de for. Now I had a modified p2de with the same combo running 76/40. I believe that was the final pinion I used. I recorded 69.7 mph with GPS on board. Oh I run 3s lipo on the p4de and used 4s on the p2de. Now that 69mph run was made on a short road. There was plenty more mph digits left in the tank I believe. So the point I am trying to make is its a great motor. Obviously there are plenty brushless motors on the market. I chose to use castle creations products because of all the testimony from other members on this forum. The decision to go castle has been a good one. I have two 2400, one 3800 and two 0808 micro motors. Hope you find a good motor.....peace

^^That's some awesome info for the op to think about.........peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    In my p4de with MMP/2400 I run 54/19. I haven't made any GPS runs with it, but it's plenty fast for what I use the p4de for. Now I had a modified p2de with the same combo running 76/40. I believe that was the final pinion I used. I recorded 69.7 mph with GPS on board. Oh I run 3s lipo on the p4de and used 4s on the p2de. Now that 69mph run was made on a short road. There was plenty more mph digits left in the tank I believe. So the point I am trying to make is its a great motor. Obviously there are plenty brushless motors on the market. I chose to use castle creations products because of all the testimony from other members on this forum. The decision to go castle has been a good one. I have two 2400, one 3800 and two 0808 micro motors. Hope you find a good motor.....peace
    I'm definately leaning towards the castle motor set up, i like how every one says after a good bashing the motor is nice and cool. Thanks for the awesome info!!

So yesterday had been a year since I've owned my truck, it's been a lot of fun and within the last 6 months has worked flawlessly with no break downs.

Cleaned it up last night and got some pictures, looks a little different then from when I picked it up

All stock:

After:

Last edited by cooleocool; 01-08-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    That's a good looking clean p4de dude. You've takin good care of it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    That's a good looking clean p4de dude. You've takin good care of it.

Thank you!

It's been bashed hard in its days, running a 3s pack since the second week I had it. Mud, snow, water skipping, sand dunes, beaches, speed runs, and countless crashes. Amazing the amount of punishment these things take

Dude looking good and so clean for you and yes they can take such a beating and that's why we love the pede 4x4.......peace

RC Racer
    Thanks Man! It's still nice and clean, last night I ended up with another addition to my collection. Couldn't pass this up as I've been eyeing one up since I bought my stampede

Came with a bunch of parts, servos, 3 bodies, tires and works great! It's massive, runs my stampede over like it's not even there

Nice dude your collection keeps getting better all the time.....peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Nice dude your collection keeps getting better all the time.....peace

Thanks man

I've been wanting one for too long, finally found a great deal. Didn't want to drop 700$ new on one plus goodies. Came well equipped for less the 400$

Today out with my p4de and beast

Got some videos ripping across the field ill clip together something tonight or tomorrow

I think all I need now is a 1/8 revo with mamba, love my p4de but the size of it plus speed is crazy. Thinking of getting a heli too eventually

Nice to see awesome 4x4s ripping through the snow dude and more fun than you can shake a stick at.......peace

RC Racer
    Was having lots of fun in the pede until my motor finally bit the bullet! The inside is just worn out probably from 400 3s packs through it LOL!

I'm still on the fence of what to do, I may just get a replacement veleneon as this one lasted 10 months, or I drop some extra and get a new combo

On a side note the summit is working well! I just painted the rims this weekend I'll upload pics once my photobucket works again

RC Racer
    Haven't posted in a while!

Stampede has been running great until something In the rear end gave out, I have yet to tear it down and inspect but it sounds like the diff gears possibly. I doubt it's the I beam as I replaced that with one from an xo-1. Might tear it down tonight

Here's a quick edit I did of some ripping when the snow was here

http://youtu.be/zy-f77CdQCM

RC Racer
    Feels like I haven't been on here in ages! A lot has happened too, bought a house, had a beautiful daughter, and of course RC trades!

I ended up trading my summit for 2 nitro rcs, a mini summit and 100$.

From there it just got crazy. Sold one of the nitros for 240$, traded the mini summit for a mugen mbx5t, and traded the savage 5.9 for a Teton, slash 4x4 and a roller sc10 chassis and a caster racing roller. Teton was then sold for 100$, and the sc10 was traded for a RTR redcat 1/8 monster (no pics) because i traded the redcat about 6 hours later for a mint axial scx10!

A traxxas slash 4x4 came up and I picked it up for 120$ (Couldn't pass it up!) so I now had two which was was nice for my friends and kids to rip around. It was getting a little out of hand though and I needed to thin out the heard, so piled the two slash 4x4s, mugen mbx5t, caster racing roller, one and two for parts for 14 brown bills.

Since then I've got another summit back, redcat brushless drifter, and picked up another fully built stampede 4x4 for 200$ (lucky score!) the axial scx10 and of course what started my hobby my original stampede 4x4 that has been the best truck! That's why I had to get another lol

Enough babble here's some pics!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-04-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: language abuse

RC Racer
    After I sold the savage 4.6

Two slashes

The big sale

Current line up, don't think I'll be able to let any of them go

Made a trailer too

Had a few friends over and got the rcs out, same guy broke both my stampedes lol. Had a spare control arm for one, but made a stronger one from scratch! Also had to do this for a tie rod one time. Just some threaded rod and spare end links

RC Racer
    Here's a few videos too

Some stampede bashing in hd

https://youtu.be/SbJs9sK3ASI

Traxxas slash/stampede summit and e revo bash

http://youtu.be/k2aaeoQ2CYc

My axial scx10 crawling on a buddies home made course

http://youtu.be/33wx-HEo5TQ

Stampede 4x4 park bashing

http://youtu.be/CPRQWgay37c

Summit and axial crawling/bash

http://youtu.be/JC6tfTyY6lQ

RC Enthusiast
    Excellent thread; thanks for sharing.

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on your baby daughter!
    My head is spinning just by reading about what's going on in your life - you must have way more than 24 hours a day available.
    I believe I have to reread the whole thread now...

RC Racer
    Thanks!! They are a lot of fun when I do find the time!

Yesterday I ended up picking up a slash 4x4 with some proline wheels/tires, proline aluminum shocks and body for 140$. Couldn't pass it up either lol

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    Wish I could find slash 4x4's for that cheap! Good 4 you man, good lookin slash too.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345