RC Enthusiast

Remote On/Off Switch

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a kit or mod that will take the on/off button of the ESC and move it to a place more accessible? Maybe I'm alone about this but having to take the body off each time to turn the ESC on and off is a big pain.

RC Enthusiast
    Feel the same way. Some people cut the windows (mainly front and rear) out. This allows for better cooling of the ESC. With the window(s) out you should be able to reach a finger in there to turn the ESC on or off.
    Rustler VXL, Stampede 2.5, T-Maxx 3.3

RC Champion
    I might hook up a remote switch on my E-MAXX brushless, because the Castle ESC has a physical on/off switch with wires that can be extended. But the Traxxas ESCs all appear to have electronic push-button on/off. I don't see how it could be done.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    It's because in the manual it should say to unplug the battery to turn off the vehicle, this way you don't leave your battery connected and over drain the battery.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    ^^ The man makes a good point!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Castle, Viper and other products have a remote switch you can mount in an accessible location like at the edge if the chassis. But then they get knocked off and broken... So who knows which is best.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    You have to take the body off to turn it off/on? If you're talking about the VXL you dont have to do that. I just slip your hand under the side if the body and press the button, Been doing this ever since I got the VXL.

RC Champion
    I think you should take the body off just to inspect things anyway its only three pins.

Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetviking68 View Post
    Feel the same way. Some people cut the windows (mainly front and rear) out. This allows for better cooling of the ESC. With the window(s) out you should be able to reach a finger in there to turn the ESC on or off.
    Geez, I never thought of that - stupid me! I kind of like the blacked out windows. It makes the car look more life like in a way. Plus I can see out a remote on/off switch would be hard to mount in a more accessible area without it getting smacked on something.