RC Champion

Billet Bandit 2.0

The Billet Bandit is being rebuilt and I figured I'd make a little build thread along the way. It's a Rustler (sorry Bandit fans) but nearly everything is aluminum. I'm currently in the process of de-anodizing everything because it all has clear anodizing which is good... Until you want to polish it to a mirror finish. To strip it all, I have everything aluminum in glass jars full of very very strong phosphoric acid. This cleans everything too. I did make one mistake though. I put the trans case halves in a jar, poured the acid in, and accidentally screwed the lid all the way on. This is really bad because as it dissolves all of the anodizing and reacts with the little bit of grease still in the halves, it builds pressure. The pressure is bad because it made the lid too tight to get off. I'm hoping the reaction stops before the jar explodes but just in case, it's wrapped in a pillow case inside a heavy metal filing cabinet. DO NOT mess with this stuff if you don't know what you're doing. It's VERY dangerous. I'll have everything out and polished tomorrow. I already have a hand made chassis that I like but it's too heavy for my NiMH batteries. I'll either do something with carbon fiber or stock plastic. Anyone know of a good carbon chassis?

Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Racer
    http://www.xtremercracing.com/Produc...10628&pID=1029

That chassis is sick! I use that brands slash cf chassis and I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by 1911kevin; 01-22-2013 at 08:15 PM.

RC Racer
    Any updates on this build? I'm liking your theme of carbon fiber and everything polished up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If you can poke a hole in the metal lid (cover everything and poke the hole through the cover also), it will release the pressure.

We used to get these 1 gal jars of hot peppers at a restaurant I used to work at, and the only way to unscrew the lids off was to poke a hole in the lid.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...