RC Competitor

Fuel consumption and time

Hey guys, that's my question, how much time are you getting from your tanks? i'm getting like 5 or 6 minutes tops, and if i do like 4 or 5 WOT passes in a 55 yards straight line, i get like 3 mins
    is this a standard or should i get more time from a 75 cc tank?

Cheers
    Daniel

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's about the average. I would like to see a bigger tank available.

RC Enthusiast
    im pretty sure i get way more than 3 minutes. I've never actually timed it but maybe your running rich or have a leak in the tank or fuel line?

RC Competitor
    hmm divided opinions, we need more input
    Last edited by crlock; 02-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    no leaks, maybe i ran too rich, i'll chek again this weekend

RC Enthusiast
    If your running that that rich where your getting only 3 minutes. You'll probably see fuel spit out of the exhaust or maybe turn it sideways and it'll just leak/pour out

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiff757 View Post
    If your running that that rich where your getting only 3 minutes. You'll probably see fuel spit out of the exhaust or maybe turn it sideways and it'll just leak/pour out
    when i do the after run maintenance, i se fuel pour out from the exhaust... definetly too rich then
    tunning weekend yaayy u_u

RC poster
    You are too rich, check idle aswell. We got 1hr 30 mins out of 800mls of 20% fuel now its finally tuned right.

Ours ran like you say and excess fuel from exhaust before tuning properly which meant LS and HS and idle all changed from stock. After run-in of around 3 litres.

RC Competitor
    i'm gonna go back to stock, and tune from scratch.
    aside from that, i recently changed the spur gear, do you guys know wich was the stock tightness of the spur? i think mine is a little loose, and don't want to overtight it

RC Competitor
    CR,
    A couple suggestions. After tuning, you might try adding an extra fuel tank, I did it and it works great. Youtube video (Jato, adding extra fuel tank) as search words and it walks you through; easy peezy. The spur gear should be tightened to where the spring is stacked w/out gaps then out 1/4 turn or so (from the manual). Hope this helps.