RC poster

forward only vs. having reverse

I have a rolling chassis of a revo 3.3 and in trying figure out if i want to build it with reverse or go with the forward only equipment with big block, center diff, steel gears, and rear brake kits?

RC Champion
    Reverse is overrated. You can't race with it. Use the $50 bucks or however much the reverse kit costs on other upgrades! My $.02

P.S., welcome to the forums!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    Center diff is useless with a big block. It will send all the power to the front tires.
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

I don't hear much about the CD in the forums. The fluid that comes with it typically is too thin and transfers the power to the front so it gets filled with 300-500k fluid. With the FOC you don't need the rear brake as the front controls all tires.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    depends on what you want... if you want reverse, then go with it.. the way i see it, if it didn't come with reverse, bashers would more likely want to put it in, since it does, people want to take it out lol.. you don't lose power having it, and as long as it works, it comes in handy, esp in the back hard. not a run goes by that i don't use it, so personally i wouldn't see myself removing it.

RC Champion
    I kind of like having the reverse option. It doesnt seem to hurt the durability of the transmission and if you are not planning to race, then why not have it? I used it pretty frequently.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    reverse can be very handy in a bashing place where you dont want to go after your truck just to turn it around LOL. Me on the other hand, dont need it. we all have our like and dislike

RC Competitor
    I have the foc on mine and mainly just bash. I don't miss reverse at all.

FOC is
    Stronger
    Lighter
    Quicker
    More efficient

Than having reverse. I've answered this in detail many times so feel free to search my posts with FOC in the threads.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    depends on what you want... if you want reverse, then go with it.. the way i see it, if it didn't come with reverse, bashers would more likely want to put it in, since it does, people want to take it out lol.. you don't lose power having it, and as long as it works, it comes in handy, esp in the back hard. not a run goes by that i don't use it, so personally i wouldn't see myself removing it.
    your car accelerates faster as you have less rotational mass, also the transmission is allot lighter. you will notice a huge difference going from reverse to FOC
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    my truck when i got it had foward only and i love it the only down side is i was being a dumb... (edited out) and i built a homemade snowplow for it because i live in wisconsin and then before i mounted it i relized i did not have reverse LOL!

Easy on the languge,,,, if the language filter is triggered you have 45 minutes to edit/change it... Review your posts once you have posted them and you will not have any issues. NN
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 02-22-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Language

RC Champion
    I am in the process of setting up a spare trans that will be FOC and close ratio. This way I can swap out whenever the mood strikes. I am thinking the new .21 TM with FOC, 40t spur and stock bell, and close ratio is going to be fun!
    I have an RC problem...