RC poster

Are any of you....

Running 1/8 wheels/tires w/17mm hex adapter set that traxxas sells?

Please post pics and let me know your setup...I am considering 1/8 wheels to help put the power to the ground.

Anyone have the 3.8" Mounted Big Joe Tires on their pede? lol

thanks,

RC Competitor
    There is a photo in the Picture thread with bigger tires.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-pictures-here!

It is about 3/4 of the way down - by Davidmayeux1989

RC Champion
    What type of terrain are you running on?

A larger tire may not help get more power to the ground. The tires are already much larger than needed for the weight of the vehicle. Putting more tread on the ground will spread the weight over an even larger contact patch, which keeps the tire from biting into the ground.

Perhaps just getting a softer tire, or. More aggressive tread pattern, would take care of it. For example, on grass, a set of proline 2.8 badlands will lock in. They're narrow, and have big lugs. Both of which give them super grip on grass and other offroad surfaces.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by syrics2013 View Post
    Running 1/8 wheels/tires w/17mm hex adapter set that traxxas sells?

Please post pics and let me know your setup...I am considering 1/8 wheels to help put the power to the ground.

Anyone have the 3.8" Mounted Big Joe Tires on their pede? lol

thanks,
    I went to 17mm 3.2 wheels because I got tired of rounding hexes and 2.8 wheels cracking and getting out of round. The best combo I've found is Revolver wheels (these don't crack or get out of round like the stock or Desperado wheels do if you jump a lot) and I mount 2.8 Trenchers on them by cutting out the inner part of the bead. They look cool too. 3.8 wheels and the tires for those are too big for a Pede. You won't be able to gear it low enough and you'll be burning up motors and esc's.