RC Qualifier

Lightbulb slash 4x4 buggy 1/10 racing questions

Hi I will be converting my slash 4x4 into 1/10 buggy to race it in summer a the track vs et10 4wd buggy s.
    I will send you a link on what track I will be racing. The writing is in Polish so don not try to read it, but just scroll down for pics of the track ( not me on the pics and not my pics ) http://www.rcwroblik.pl/x_C_SKROT__P_57610146.html
    can some one can help me what gearing I should use and what oil weight for stock shocks to use for this track, what tiers to use?

I will be using stock motor with 2s lipo , stock shocks,
    2s lipo because they only let up to 7.4v of lipo, 7.2v of nimh, and 6.6v of life
    I will not use lcg because I do not yet have one.

any opposition for the body , wing , wing mout?

thanks for help and more questions to come

RC poster
    I cant say what to use for sure with stock motor but I know that with the Mamba Monster that I use running at 54/18 is pretty good, its got lots of punch and is still pretty quick. I would guess something close to that would be good for it.

I just finished my Backslash build from the 4x4 LCG chassis and I love it. Just finished painting the super man body as well.

As for the wing and wing mount I used a Proline Downforce wing and just used some long bolts with washers to hold it back to the shock tower. I used the LOSA4435 Losi Wing Mount Set as well.

Traxxas Employee
    Sweet setup, Try the Stampede 4x4 front bumper. You may have to trim the body a bit but it will set in closer to the body. Part number 6735

As for the Motor I would stick with the higher KV 3500 VXL Motor. With the lower KV mamba you'll have to run larger battery to get the same top end as a 3500 VXL on 2S. Most tracks wont allow anything over 2S.

RC Qualifier
    Looks supper cool !
    will I be let to use 1/8scale buggy tires to race ?
    if not will the 1/10 scale buggy tires fit ?

RC poster
    Im not sure what you mean, those are 8th scale tires on mine using the 17mm hub adapters. Those are proline Caliber tires M3.

RC Qualifier
    I will be racing against 1/10 scale buggy 4wd , they will use 1/10 scale tires , will I be let to use 1/8 scale tires?

RC poster
    Oh I'm not sure I have never raced them.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler1999929 View Post
    Looks supper cool !
    will I be let to use 1/8scale buggy tires to race ?
    if not will the 1/10 scale buggy tires fit ?
    I'm not sure. If your in an open class it should be fine. Though your best bet is to contact the local track. Some tracks may or may not allow it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter03 View Post
    I cant say what to use for sure with stock motor but I know that with the Mamba Monster that I use running at 54/18 is pretty good, its got lots of punch and is still pretty quick. I would guess something close to that would be good for it.

I just finished my Backslash build from the 4x4 LCG chassis and I love it. Just finished painting the super man body as well.

As for the wing and wing mount I used a Proline Downforce wing and just used some long bolts with washers to hold it back to the shock tower. I used the LOSA4435 Losi Wing Mount Set as well.
    What body is this? And do you have a pic of the wing mount? Nice car