RC Racer

Titan life on training mode?

I was just looking at Timber's thread and it got me thinking about the Titan , and building a truck for my 5 yo granddaughter , and was wondering what the life of a Titan would be if it was only used on training mode?
    Thanks Brent

RC Champion
    If you're building from scratch, I recommend the ElectriFly 600. It needs to be soldered up, but it will last a lot longer. Make sure you break it in using the water method and it will serve you well...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    If you're building from scratch, I recommend the ElectriFly 600. It needs to be soldered up, but it will last a lot longer. Make sure you break it in using the water method and it will serve you well...
    Prob going to get used off eBay or MP just wondering if the Titan was good for anything . I smoked 2 in a week and just went with the mmp/3800 setup but even on 2s it's way too fast for her.

RC Qualifier
    Idk know my old pede I ran a titan for 3 months and it was still going after I switched it to BL, but the one I just did up for her came with the titan and a spare one that works too so just going to use it till they both go out. I took her to the store earlier for stickers lol pics coming once we get them on....and Pumpkin I am glad I got you thinking about making one for your granddaughter thats awesome I love it
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber211 View Post
    Idk know my old pede I ran a titan for 3 months and it was still going after I switched it to BL, but the one I just did up for her came with the titan and a spare one that works too so just going to use it till they both go out. I took her to the store earlier for stickers lol pics coming once we get them on....and Pumpkin I am glad I got you thinking about making one for your granddaughter thats awesome I love it
    Not sure if I can go all out like your pede bug, awesome job btw, how excited was she? But she is a good sport about flipping mine over when it crashes so I owe her I guess.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin01020 View Post
    I was just looking at Timber's thread and it got me thinking about the Titan , and building a truck for my 5 yo granddaughter , and was wondering what the life of a Titan would be if it was only used on training mode?
    Thanks Brent
    Put in a Titan 21T for her. It will be a lot slower, run cooler, and last a real long time.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks pumpkin...she was pretty excited she likes it a lot...and she always flipping mine over and I figured I lost that helper when she got hers but she still goes and flips it when she sees it lol... And the batteries are on the charger now patiently waiting

RC Qualifier
    Oh one thing to think about she doesn't always let go of the trigger when she gets it stuck so I leave the slipper clutch loose so it doesn't strain the motor to much

What about an vxl on training mode geared 12/90?
    Alot more reliable

You could even run 6 cell Nimh if wanted
    (1 cell lower than stock, 8.4 vs 7.2)
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Good point, on VXL , small battery , low gear, training mode = small damage .
    I just found a rusty xl5 at LHS used for $125 complete rtr w/ a nihm quick charger. Might be in her future, ?

RC Qualifier
    That would be good to pumpkin....I was in a debate myself over pede or rusty since the rusty is a lot harder to flip over and such...but ultimate I chose the pede because it popped up first and the price was what I was looking for....but I agree vxl with gearing and training mode be a good choice too

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin01020 View Post
    Good point, on VXL , small battery , low gear, training mode = small damage .
    I just found a rusty xl5 at LHS used for $125 complete rtr w/ a nihm quick charger. Might be in her future, ?
    You can't run a VXL motor with an XL5 ESC. VXL is 3 phase, XL5 is two phase. You can put in an VXL3S ESC and you can run a brushed motor (like the 21T Titan I recommeneded) with it; you just don't connect the yellow wire. Then you can upgrade to a VXL motor when she gets good at driving it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    You can't run a VXL motor with an XL5 ESC. VXL is 3 phase, XL5 is two phase. You can put in an VXL3S ESC and you can run a brushed motor (like the 21T Titan I recommeneded) with it; you just don't connect the yellow wire. Then you can upgrade to a VXL motor when she gets good at driving it.
    i know about 3 phase , started with stock xl5, swapped to mmp/3800 forgot Reply wit quote on kdvanb post.