Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC Champion
    I have a pair and they are awesome batteries. You won't be disappointed.
    I have an RC problem...

I have a Summit with a Castle 2200 & Sidewinder ESC.

It doesn't like super slow, crawling speeds. I'm thinking about going back to brushed, I have plenty of other brushless rigs.

I found myself looking to buy a *cough* *cough* another brand rock crawler just so I could but figured I already had one if I made some changes.

Have you checked the specs on the Mamba Monster "X" ESC? Castle has dealt with that cogging issue. Might be worth checking it out; so you can kept your 2200 Castle motor.

RC Competitor
    We just got my Summit yesterday, and boy were we surprised at the size. It makes the 1/16 Summit look like a child's toy. I have already installed a new MXL-6s esc and 2200kv motor combo! It looks so beautiful I left the gearing stock for now, but might possibly make changes in the future. In the event that I do, I already own a Digital Infrared Thermometer, and the motor also has a temperature sensor installed. I also installed the RPM sensor, and Link module from the controller as well. I will dive into configuring everything later this week when I have time. Yes I know I went all out, but it will probably be the last one I buy for years to come. I can't imagine what could top this setup. We took it out to the beach/bluffs today to put it through its paces of the stock NIMH batteries, and everything performed flawlessly as expected. I'm really excited to order the 8200mah 2s packs for this beast. I absolutely love how capable this model is!

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Have you checked the specs on the Mamba Monster "X" ESC? Castle has dealt with that cogging issue. Might be worth checking it out; so you can kept your 2200 Castle motor.

Right on. I was careful not to ask for help for non Traxxas stuff since it's a no no here, which is understandable.

I just so happen to have Mamba X ESC that I had planned on putting in my X Maxx. I can't tell ya' how awesome that is to hear. Thank you Mr. Maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    Right on. I was careful not to ask for help for non Traxxas stuff since it's a no no here, which is understandable.

I just so happen to have Mamba X ESC that I had planned on putting in my X Maxx. I can't tell ya' how awesome that is to hear. Thank you Mr. Maximum.
    Tell me how that goes. Lots of evidence seems to come to the conclusion that the X line of escs from castle are dialed down at high voltages, due to warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionkev55 View Post
    Tell me how that goes. Lots of evidence seems to come to the conclusion that the X line of escs from castle are dialed down at high voltages, due to warranty.
    It might be a while. If I'd stay off this computer I might get some work done.

I read where a member put that X ESC in his X Maxx down in Florida. 1st warm day the ESC got pretty warm he said....but his temps were off before he even started so IIIII don't know. So I decided against installing it and instead bought a Kershaw 8S Leopard system.

Talking about the Summit being big. How bout a Summit body on an X Maxx chassis? Wheelbase is a tad off, ya think?!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456