RC Racer

Got my first noise complaint in ten years

Me and my friend have been running our trucks for the past year in front of our house... He's my neighbor now. So since he moved in we've been messing around more, and the police rolled up on us a few nights ago. My house is in a commercial area, and we play in the supermarket parking lot after they close. I think I need to get a db meter lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Time to go electric...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Time to go electric...
    Heck no! Don't go electric! Nitro is where its at. If people are to weird to like the noise the little engines make then just drive them somewhere else
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Check your local bylaw. Usually you can make noise until 10 or 11 without worry of getting a fine. And usually those by laws don't exist in a commercial area

Definitely time to consult someone with knowledge of your local laws, I suppose lawyers do have a place in the world...fighting for the RCer's rights!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC poster
    I've had 3 complaints in the first month! Lol

No complaints so far with nitro for me! (knock on wood) Although, I did have a cop talk to me while I was out driving my Summit, he thought the TQI was a gun!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    At 6'4" and over 200lbs with lots of tattoo's most of my neighbors look out in the alley and realize it's the guy with the loud Harley and dirt bikes playing with his toy's again.

But there was one time when I was breaking in a my (rebuilt for the third time) 2.5r with a trx single chamber pipe that one of my neighbors came over and complained so I pointed out to him that it was 1pm on a Saturday afternoon and the noise by-laws in our city are from 7am-11pm and further more I was in the middle of my break-in so I told him that when I was done I'd shut it down.

I think everyone needs to know their rights and it wouldn't hurt to be a little more considerate than I am but then again I have never been a nice man and don't like my neighbors much.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Haha I thought I was the only person who's neighbors hate them because of my " obnoxiously loud toy" I just laugh when they tell me to stop. Funny story though I was doing some speed runs in front of my house a while back and my neighbor was out in his yard weed eating and just as he turned around my car took out one of his little porcelain angles that is in his yard he was furious. I walked over there and it was in peices I didn't know what to say so I just said man I broke an a-arm and walked away
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC poster
    The old bat at the end of my street tried to grab my Revo lol. What would she have done with it? I definitely would have revved it if she had of lol

RC Racer
    have not had any nitro complaints yet... However i am moving in 3 weeks.... We will see how nice my neighbors are .

Just because it is during daylight hours does not mean it's okay. You live in a neighborhood and it is in your best benefit to be considerate of them. They pay to live there too and have every right to complain. City ordinance may state that any noise that extends beyond your property line could be in violation. Now given there may be a variance for a weed eater or lawn mower but an RC is not something that is essential to maintain a property. Really take the time to put yourself in their shoes; talk to your neighbors and have them advise you when it is a nuisance.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    Haha I thought I was the only person who's neighbors hate them because of my " obnoxiously loud toy" I just laugh when they tell me to stop. Funny story though I was doing some speed runs in front of my house a while back and my neighbor was out in his yard weed eating and just as he turned around my car took out one of his little porcelain angles that is in his yard he was furious. I walked over there and it was in peices I didn't know what to say so I just said man I broke an a-arm and walked away
    I would of been mad too. You should of offered to pay for his lawn ornament. Your property destroyed his property on his property....
    Last edited by Double G; 03-18-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    I would of been mad too. You should of offered to pay for his lawn ornament. Your property destroyed his property on his property....
    What about the tree that fell on my fence ill call it even and they aren't nice people they're very rude
    Last edited by Double G; 03-18-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: quoted language
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

So it helps the situation to be rude back? It's okay to destroy their property because yours was destroyed? No one will win in the endless cycle of "he did this so I can do that" and will progress into something much larger. By getting back at him you are not only affecting him but also your other neighbors too and it shows the true content of your character.
    Before this thread gets out of hand...
    The Super Derecho