RC Racer

Painting a shell

My daughter is wanting a new shell for our emax 3903. She has picked the colours pink and purple.

My question lies in paint choice...

I can get some cans of the Tamiya lexan paint. I have to order the body any ways...

Would regular krylon for plastic paint work?

Traxxas Marshal
    Use lexan specific paint. Other paints (like Krylon) will not properly adhere to the body.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Cooleocool speaks the truth. Use only paint made for lexan bodies. After it dries it stay flexible. Other paints will harden too much and when the body flexes the harden paints will chip and flake.

RC Racer
    Tamiya poly (PS_ _ is the part number for polycarbonate bodies- the 2 underscores are were the paint color code is)- paints are in my opinion are the best aerosol paints you can get- be sure to get 2 cans of each or you will run out

I wash the body with dawn soap and COLD water- warm or luke warm could warp the body - do this before placing the masks

RC Qualifier
    I would also suggest you cut the body and drill the body mount holes when the body is clear, it's easier to make sure everything is lined up right, I made the mistake of stacking a body on top of another and hoping I drilled straight holes on a rally car, way to little tolerance for the rally cars
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    I do the above also!