RC poster

Question New E-Maxx, Help

Hey all, I am new to the forums. Just bought my E-Maxx (Brushless with 2x 5000mah Lipo) yesterday and took it out to a gravel pit to play with it for a little while. Anyways, drove it for a little while on smooth surfaces then hit the gravel. Never hit anything too hard, did have one pretty bad rollover...Then I started to notice the truck was losing power. I drove it a little more just thinking it was the battery then I noticed a high pitched whine. Now, the truck won't move at all. It just whines when I push on the throttle. Doesn't move an inch. The light on the engine is yellow and the other on the Receiver is green. Don't know what I did here, possibly stripped the transmission/clutch? If anyone knows what this is or sounds like please let me know.

RC Qualifier
    Best bet is to tighten that slipper clutch down!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC poster

RC poster
    Looks like it is the Spur Gear. Is this a result of not breaking in the slipper clutch properly? And should I replace the gear with an OEM or metal one? I know they probably have a good reason for using a plastic one, since it probably saves the rest of the driveline from taking abuse.

RC Qualifier
    Ive had that problem before, your spur gear is too far from your pinion. I would buy another spur gear and find a good gear mesh between them and you will be good.

Put another stock one in.
    If it were metal you would be replacing the spur and the pinion in this scenario.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Is it this iPad or does the pinion look like the wrong pitch.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    Possible, but if bought new it shouldn't be the wrong pitch.

RC Qualifier
    Haha when I first saw the pic I thought "wow that's a lot of mulch in there...oh wait that's your spur gear!" Anyways..
    i am on an ipad as well and it looks fine..,i think its just the spur gear being shredded that makes it look a little funny.
    On another note, I would agree with Jimmie get another stock and make sure the pinion is aligned and adjusted properly with the spur and you should be fine
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!