RC poster

VXL possible transmission problem

So I have a stampede vxl and it was running great then I pulled it up to me and it quit going forwards with force. I took off the slipper clutch and bought aluminum pads because one of the pads was broke so i thought that was the problem but after installing the new pads it still did not work. the wheels will spin but not with the force that they should and thats only if I pick up the rear of the truck. If there is any resistance they will not spin. if anyone has experienced this can you tell me how you fixed it or should i just take it to a hobby shop?

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You tightened the slipper all the way down, then backed off 1/2 - 3/4 turn? Also check to make sure the wheel hexes arent rounded. (checking the easy stuff first) Doubt it is any of these, but you never know.

Next you will need to bust in your tranny. Check the diff, top, and idler gear that they havent lost any teeth. If they all look good then look where the top gear/input shaft (one attached to the slipper unit) and check to see if the spring pin (attaches the top gear to the input shaft) is MIA or broken off. This typically happens with a tight slipper. The sping pin is there to break before something major does. Its like the weakest link. If that is the issue you can replace with another input shaft that comes with a new spring pin or some use a piece of a hex wrench in lieu of.

....or......???

Hope this helps ya.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Does the motor wind up like it should? Or is that really weak too? Maybe you bumped your throttle trim down on the transmitter by accident.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, using Tapatalk 2.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC poster
    yeah i tried everything with the slipper and it didnt change. also it is brand new so nothing has had enough time to round, i wish it was that easy of a fix lol.
    however i have not tried to get into the tranny as i am very new to this and have no idea what any of those gears you were talking about are and i am afraid if i take it apart i will not be able to put it back together.

You didnt happen to take a tire off? Maybe one of the wheels arent rightened down on the wheel hex. Any different sounds from when you bought it new? Maybe a video of when you give it throttle on the ground and when you prop it off the ground.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    well yeah i took the tires off none of that is messed up.

RC Qualifier
    its prob the spring pin on the slipper shaft. i broken plenty of those lol

RC Champion
    If you go to the support tabs and download the transmission exploded view you really can't mess it up. You only learn by trying, plus we're all here to help you if you get stumped..

RC Qualifier
    Maybe your battery is hosed.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, using Tapatalk 2.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

Like Emaxx said download the Tranny Exploded view so you know what you are getting into and how to put it back together. For the first couple times of busting into the tranny I took a sheet of Printer paper and drew the side of the tranny and when I took a screw out i set it where it went. That made it easier to remember when going back together. Now I just know where they go. LOL

I was scared at first to bust in there, once you do it a couple of times you are good to go. Nothing to it after that.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 04-06-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore