RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

12mm to 17mm adapter?

buddy of mine, he has a p4de with MIP X-duty axles all around and now he distroyed one of his wheel where the 12mm set in, its rounded off. do MIP make 17mm hexes or is there any adapter that just slide into the 12mm? I dont have MIP so i thought i ask you guys with more experienced with this X-duty.
    all helps are greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    MIP does make 17mm adapters, but then you need 17mm wheels which there are very few. You would also need to mod the wheels and tires to fit. Tell you buddy to get new 12mm wheels and glue the hex into the wheel. No more stripping.

i've heard there are some SCT wheels that are 17mm. i did'nt even think about glueing the 12mm, what sucks is that those are new set of wheels/tires he just got like 2 days ago.

I got FLM ones. Work great.
    You can find info about them in this thread: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ed-desperadoes
    Nobody is born with experience

thanks Peter, wow its kinda weird saying your name since my name is also Peter LOL. you can only buy FLM parts thru there site right?

FWIW, SPC Racing sells FLM parts. Here's the link, but you might want to give them a call if you don't see what you need in the product listing.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    FWIW, SPC Racing sells FLM parts. Here's the link, but you might want to give them a call if you don't see what you need in the product listing.
    now that you mention it, i think i saw some FLM parts from that site i just could'nt recall what site that was thanks ksb51rl.

RC Qualifier
    You can take the tire off the wheel and buy a new set of wheels pretty cheap. No need to throw a bunch of money at the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    thanks Peter, wow its kinda weird saying your name since my name is also Peter LOL. you can only buy FLM parts thru there site right?
    Lol Peter. Looking at your forum name, that was not the first name I would have expected.
    Weird thing is that FLM doesn't list them on the site. Neither does SPC, but it's a good idea to give them a call. More weird is that I found mine on a Dutch webshop...
    Nobody is born with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    You can take the tire off the wheel and buy a new set of wheels pretty cheap. No need to throw a bunch of money at the issue.
    with the way he bash that truck his better off upgrading it now than dumping little here and there..... before you know you it you have spent alot $$ and went straight to the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Lol Peter. Looking at your forum name, that was not the first name I would have expected.
    Weird thing is that FLM doesn't list them on the site. Neither does SPC, but it's a good idea to give them a call. More weird is that I found mine on a Dutch webshop...
    is'nt FLM parts built in USA? so the only way to buy it, is to give them a call, right? since its not listed.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-10-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: merge