RC poster

Bandit Issues and i need some advice

Hello there!
    I got my badnit for christmas, and i need a new motor for it because my Titan 12T over heated.
    Im looking for something more powerful, but it cannot be a nitro and it must fit where the titan 12t used to.

Please post links/keywords to where i can find a new mototr that is FASTER

Also, my issue is the range.
    My bandit can only reach maybe 10-20 feet and i want to know is there any way to extend the range?

ALSO!!!!: I NEED some new street tires. please post names of tires
    Last edited by Kane Easterday; 04-14-2013 at 06:25 PM.

RC Champion
    What is your budget? As far as the motor goes, if you stick with a brushed motor you can get a orion or electrify s-600 but neither will be much faster than stock. If you go brushless, you have many choices with the traxxas vxl system (esc and motor) or a castle system.

Street tires for a Bandit would be easy to go with traxxas anacondas for it.

Range is most likely your antenna on your car. Make sure it is run all the way through the antenna tube. If the antenna wire has been cut or shortened in any way it will reduce range.
    Brushless 9cell/3s Street Rusty

RC poster
    my budget for motors is 50$.

Will the titan 775 motor fit in where the 12t will?

RC Competitor
    The 775 will not fit in the Bandit, nor is the Xl-5 speed control capable of handling it. You won't be able to get a much faster brushed motor unless you get an ESC capable of handling lower turn brushed motors or you switch to a brushless combo, which also would require a different ESC.

RC Champion
    I don't even know if you can get them anymore but the speed gem 17t brushed motor was one I've used with good success. Gear it 15/86. It will be a little faster but it does require maintenance to keep up.
    Brushless 9cell/3s Street Rusty

RC Champion
    you can try a hpi 15t firebolt motor. i hear they work well. that way you have money for tires. make sure you gear correctly and break in the new brushed motor. traxxas 2.2 bandit wheels with anacondas work well.

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-17-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Content

RC Qualifier
    Save up for a brushless set up. You wont regret it in the end. VXL and a couple lipos equal loads of fun.
    Rustler CC3800 || Stampede VXL

RC Racer
    I don't know what your knowledge of brushless systems is but if you haven't seen them, watch some youtube vids or something. $100 will get you an awesome castle system. With that system you must also get a lipo battery and charger for it, about another $100. I know thats way out of your $50 range but if you didn't know about them they are definitely worth the money and looking into.