RC poster

Is the sidewinder 3 4600kv enough for a 4x4 slash?

Is the sidewinder 3 enough of a motor for the slash 4x4? 4600kv, 4 pole.
    Just bought one will it be as fast or faster than the stock brushless setup? the truck will only be used for bashing. Thanks.

I personally wouldn't have bought that motor. It has a little too high of kv for me. It should be ok if you keep it limited to a 2s lipo. If you look at my signature, I run the 2400 motor. The Sidewinder esc is a little underpowered for this truck also. If it were me I would return it and get a more beefy setup. Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are now among an extraordinary group of people who share the love for the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! We are here to help
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the big E,s reply. CC doesn't even recommend that combo, in a 1/10 scale 4X4.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...inder_sct.html

Not that you cant use it gently checking temps every 5min. But that's no fun. Overkill is the best option in bashing.
    Last edited by Shaky17; 05-12-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Slash 2wd Sand Rail
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Ya for bashing probably too high a kv motor. Racing would work on 2s. Also agree that the esc is underpowered. This combo would be better in the 2wd slash. Mmp and the 3800 is a good motor on 2s. But the 2400 is a beast in the slash on 3-4s. 2400 probably best choice for just bashing.
    Slash Ultimate
    TLR SCTE 2.0

RC poster
    only looking to run 2s or 3s at the most. How much would a 3800 go for?
    This is my first brushless truck so the advise is needed. Thanks.

If you want to run 2s and 3s only get the mmp with the 1410 3800kv with stock gearing it will go faster than stock and have lots more torque but if you want to just run 3s stick with the 2400kv as the guys have said it will blow your mind over stock so you have some thinking to do on what you are looking for.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    good call spenniepoos +1 on both. I have both you could run the 3800 on 3's but not recommended proper gearing and all I run mine on 2's and my slash off road is my 2400 on 3's its a beast and you can gear it a lot of different ways.

RC Qualifier
    If you stick to 2s the 4600 will make ya smile!!! My son was run'n that motor in is LCG Slash and he was really hard to beat @ the track. The esc on the other hand, I don't know.... I run the Sidewinder in my 2wd stadium truck and it works great!!! I would say try it and keep an eye on the esc temps......btw he was gear'd 12/54 with a Brushless Hobbies 120amp esc and it ran super cool. Hope this helps!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally