RC Racer

Steering no throttle

Hello,

My friend asked me to fix his emaxx and he showed me that it has steering but no throttle. What could that be?

RC Racer
    Update:

There is still steering, but the throttle makes the car go about 1mph, and it makes a terrible beeping noise

RC Enthusiast
    did you try to re-calibrate the esc?

RC Champion
    If his ESC is the version with built in LVD, it may be on and is now in over voltage mode.

Are you using NiMH or LiPo batteries?

If you have some other batteries that are partially discharged, try those and see if you get them same results or if the issue clears up. If you're using NiMH and partially discharged batteries work, follow the instructions to turn off the LVD mode.

I don't have that version ESC, but from what's been posted is that when it's placed in LVD that is meant for LiPo's the ESC also detect and protects a high voltage. Then, when fully charged NiMH batteries are connected the ESC is immediately thrown into over voltage protection. It will stay stuck there until the detected voltage is below an expectable level.

RC Racer
    yeah, thats what i thought. but its been sitting for a while and its got an nicd battery in it. could that be the problem?