RC Enthusiast

Replacement Servos

looking for some suggestions on replacement servos that are known to fit with no or minimal mods and dont require glitch busters which work off the stock receiver?

looking for something strong, sick of replacing gears on the stock ones......

RC Qualifier
    Futaba is recommended by Traxxas as A direct replacement brand. I can't remember the part# and cant see it up in the truck. But it's A Futaba metal gear with 130oz of torq. It went right in and uses the stock horn, plugged it in and didn't have to change any settings. It really increased turning power and accuracy over the stock 2055. And took all the slop out of the front end. I had already changed everything else trying to get rid of the slop, but the Futaba servo did more for that than everything else combined.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I use a savox 1258TG. Its ridiculously fast and has way more torque than youd ever need but it only cost me $50 so I figured, why not. Great servo and its got a 25t spline just like traxxas so the stock servo horn fit right on. Its orange too... so it looks cool. hehe.

RC poster
    I ran the Hitec 5646WP in my bash slash for a a few years. Definitely strong enough for the slash. and water tight right out of the box. Not nearly as fast as the 1258 but I think it's bash proof design makes up for any speed short comings

RC Enthusiast
    thanks
    i'll pick one of the three tomorrow
    killed the gears on another run today
    maybe im too rough, haha

any other recommendations before i buy?

I'm running a Savox 1258TG too...just picked up another one today for my Sl4sh for just over $50. I'm very happy with this servo and performs well.

Mine required a glitch buster tho running of the MM2...no issues with using a glitch buster.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the help
    i've decided on the Hitec 5646WP
    only because its waterproof, forgot to mention that was needed.

might try the savox for the road rally as that doesnt see water at all

I use the AE DS1015 SERVO on my Slash. Been really nice servo. Very fast. But will try the Savox next time. A nice servo really improves the feel of the vehicle.
    UDR, Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, TRX-4, Summit 1/16