RC Racer

Proline bead lock striped hex. What to do?

Are these trash now. Or can i expoxy them onto some hexes? Will super glue worktoo? I'll Glue or epooxy them onto the mip hexes. Also should i cut some notches into the wheels so that the poxy or glue will have something to hold onto/

RC Qualifier
    I fixed mine, although they were not as badly stripped as yours, using epoxy putty. Even did it that the wheel can still come off. Take your axle hub, wrap it tightly in a single layer of cling film (stuff to wrap food in). Insert into wheel and epoxy in the gaps (in your case I would say you really need to be as accurate as possible in trying to get it dead centre). Let it cure and remove axle hub (the cling film should have prevented it binding into the wheel). I would also rough up the inside of the wheel to improve contact and adhesion of the putty.
    Hope this helps.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

I have used epoxy to repair my crawler beadlocks, it worked for a week or two, then the epoxy gives out. When I repaired mine they had quite a bit of the hex, I doubt it will work on yours, there is really nothing in their for the epoxy to hold on to. Sadly, I think they are toast, but I'd try the epoxy before getting another set, let us know what how it worked.

I'm guess this was caused by loose wheel nuts?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Yesh caused by loose hex nuts. i'll try the epoxy deal. but im gonna order a new set anyways. thanks. I'll see what happen later this week

You can superglue a wheel hex in that rim and it will last a long time. I have had way worse than that and they have lasted more than a year.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    I did the same thing. Called proline and they sold me just I one part of the wheel for 3.00 then sold me an extra set for 1/2 price. Nice people. Give them a call.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    I did the same thing. Called proline and they sold me just I one part of the wheel for 3.00 then sold me an extra set for 1/2 price. Nice people. Give them a call.
    Right on. I'm gonna call them tomarrow. Although I just went ahead and ordered a new set. Hopefully I'll get the same deal as you did. Then I'll have 3 pairs of bead locks.

RC Racer
    Not sure how but now j have 12 wheels now. More rims than tires. I'm looking for a good set of street tires now. Any ideas.

RC Racer
    I've heard good things about these, and the price is right from what I've seen.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    Ouch!! That looks bad!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Australian Slash Driver View Post
    I've heard good things about these, and the price is right from what I've seen.
    Thats what I am lookg for. looks like Hobby Town has them for 15.00 a set. Just ordered 4. Thanks!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    Well an update on my striped hexes. I called proline and they said I couldnt buy just the hex wheel part that I need. Although I got a new pair. But what yhey did for me was sell me 2 pairs of the bead locks for half off. Their retale price was 25 plus 5 for shipping. So Im getting 2 new pairs for the price of one. So now I got to get some new tires and im going to order those banditos. But im still going to buy some super glue and try that out at a later time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I will say, Proline has great customer service. One of my trenchers x sc tires had a little tear on the side wall next to the inside bead, emailed them a photo, a few hours later they emailed me back saying they would replace that tire, just email them a copy of the invoice and a mailing address. The shipping department was kinda slow, took almost 2 weeks to get the replacement, arrived today and was a retail packaged pair.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    Well an update on my striped hexes. I called proline and they said I couldnt buy just the hex wheel part that I need. Although I got a new pair. But what yhey did for me was sell me 2 pairs of the bead locks for half off. Their retale price was 25 plus 5 for shipping. So Im getting 2 new pairs for the price of one. So now I got to get some new tires and im going to order those banditos. But im still going to buy some super glue and try that out at a later time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    +

Wow. They had no issues letting me buy the 1 pc of the wheel I need to fix the stripped one and sold me 2 new sets 1/2 off. Still not a bad deal. Still have not received my new Bandito tires..

RC Qualifier
    Question a little off topic but still on the split six from Proline, do you guys use thread locker on the screws, I had a Gladiator yesterday come free from the bead lock, when I got home and checked it out I had over half of the screw threads stripped out??????
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

RC Racer
    I have not had an issue with that yet. I am still only running the stock motor and on 2s most of the time.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Team arsy car View Post
    Question a little off topic but still on the split six from Proline, do you guys use thread locker on the screws, I had a Gladiator yesterday come free from the bead lock, when I got home and checked it out I had over half of the screw threads stripped out??????
    I would say do not use loctite on the wheels. It can damage plastic, I.E.- it can make it brittle. I just use a SMALL, TINY dab on the threads of superglue.