Thread: E3 2013

RC Enthusiast

E3 2013

Well, it's getting to be that time of the year again when gamers like me get all excited. I think this looks to be a promising show. Here are some of the games I'm eagerly anticipating: For PS4 - Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, InFamous Second Son, and the next unnamed Need for Speed game. And, of course, the PS4 itself. For Wii U - I'm hoping that Nintendo will announce some big-name titles. I like the system, but right now I only have 2 games for it. Mario Kart 8 would sure be nice...maybe another Mario Galaxy. Anyway, what do you have your eyes on this year?

*Side note - I got started on the Assassin's Creed series a couple months ago, and those are some of the greatest games I've ever played! I went all the way back to get the Original AC, and just the other day I started on Brotherhood. So far, AC II was my favorite.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetMaster_97 View Post
    Well, it's getting to be that time of the year again when gamers like me get all excited. I think this looks to be a promising show. Here are some of the games I'm eagerly anticipating: For PS4 - Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, InFamous Second Son, and the next unnamed Need for Speed game. And, of course, the PS4 itself. For Wii U - I'm hoping that Nintendo will announce some big-name titles. I like the system, but right now I only have 2 games for it. Mario Kart 8 would sure be nice...maybe another Mario Galaxy. Anyway, what do you have your eyes on this year?

*Side note - I got started on the Assassin's Creed series a couple months ago, and those are some of the greatest games I've ever played! I went all the way back to get the Original AC, and just the other day I started on Brotherhood. So far, AC II was my favorite.
    I used to be a competitive gamer doing tournaments gamebattles etc. but I sold all my gaming stuff for this hobby

I disappointed with Sony. The closed Liverpool stufio(they made the awesome wipeout racing games) and the games for the ps vita is disappointing. Only one I'm looking forward to is killzone. Not to much into kids or puzzle games which is all that is coming out on vita.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

im looking forward for the ps4,im wanting to know more about DriveClub,Watch Dogs,im really really hoping to hear somthing about about Half-life,its been way to long since i beat the crap out of something with me crowbar.
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Qualifier
    My friend is going.
    Jesus, Lights, RC

RC Enthusiast
    New xbox should be getting announced also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtburner12 View Post
    New xbox should be getting announced also.
    the new xbox is getting shown on the 21 of may
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Racer
    After seeing the press conference for GT6 yesterday, I'm really looking forward to seeing more at E3.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Enthusiast
    Just read Nintendo has confirmed that they will be announcing the next Mario Kart game and next Mario Bros game in a few weeks. I've been waiting for another Mario Kart for a while...

RC Qualifier
    Microsoft announced the next XBox today titled XBOX One.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    After seeing the press conference for GT6 yesterday, I'm really looking forward to seeing more at E3.
    I will buy a PS4 just so that I can play this game. (That's why I got a PS3--to play Gran Turismo 5.) I'm not much of a gamer these days, but this series has always sucked me in. I started playing the GT series when GT2 came out, and I have been hooked ever since.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-21-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    I wonder what the xbox one will cost?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtburner12 View Post
    I wonder what the xbox one will cost?
    $400-800

Sent from under your local rock.
    Jesus, Lights, RC

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I will buy a PS4 just so that I can play this game. (That's why I got a PS3--to play Gran Turismo 5.) I'm not much of a gamer these days, but this series has always sucked me in. I started playing the GT series when GT2 came out, and I have been hooked ever since.
    GT6 is going to be a PS3 game.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    GT5 is a good game in many ways, super realistic in the way the cars drive and tuning options are amazing, it's not like that forza and need for speed crap, GT will most likely always be the best racing simulator on a console especially if you have a logitech g27!

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    GT6 is going to be a PS3 game.
    Shows how much I follow this stuff!

Another game that I'm looking forward to is The Last of Us. I'm not normally a big fan of that type of game, but this one has my interest. Whether or not I get it, though, is another story (too many hobbies, so little time). The most recent new release video game I bought was Twisted Metal last year. Before that, I hadn't bought a game on release day since GT4 (if memory serves).
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    The Last of Us looks awesome. I'm really into zombie/horror/post-apocalyptic survival movies. I've seen I Am Legend and The Walking Dead, and from the looks of it this game is borrowing from both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    GT5 is a good game in many ways, super realistic in the way the cars drive and tuning options are amazing, it's not like that forza and need for speed crap, GT will most likely always be the best racing simulator on a console especially if you have a logitech g27!
    I know Forza isn't on the realistic in simulation as GT but the game isn't "crap". Need for speed is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieToTraxxas View Post
    $400-800

Sent from under your local rock.
    Doubt it. Most like $399 for a basic model and $499 for a premium model. 800 is to expensive when you can buy a computer for way less.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    I know Forza isn't on the realistic in simulation as GT but the game isn't "crap". Need for speed is a different story.
    I really like Need for Speed Shift, but I also don't have anything to compare it to considering I've never played GT or Forza. Shift is really the only racing simulator I have; personally I prefer games like Most Wanted where you can drive around just for fun and race if you want to.

-On a different note, I just saw a teaser image on the official NFS Facebook page of what appears to be the rear end of a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Not sure if it's an add on for Most Wanted or if it's for their next game, but this will be a Ferrari's first appearance since 2002.

RC Competitor
    Some people just like a street racing game, and that's where Need for Speed specializes in. Might not be the most realistic out there, but I like the new most wanted that came out last year.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Might came out a little wrong but I know forza overall isn't a crap game but some of it's features are, but again I don't have that much room to talk about it cause the last one I've played is forza4 I believe, I just don't like the driving style of the game etc. How I built an integra and it was going well over 200mph haha thought that was funny, but it does have a lot of tuning options, it's like need for speed with gt tuning options

forza 4 is more sim then gt5,if you play the two. i mean really play them,you will see that forza 4 is more sim then gt. GT5 is pretty fun,they just need not to put 100 skylines 30 350z and so on in the game.and put more tuning in the game.

forza:
    has great driveing
    epic engine sounds
    great overall tuning and upgrades.

gt
    needs to improve on engine sounds
    tuning
    upgrades
    more american cars
    some other stuff i forgot.

as for xbox one (pretty stupid name)

to me its a Fail.

haveing to pay 40 50 or 60 to play used games is pretty stupid.also haveing to have the kinect always connected and always on and listening is pretty bad.

pretty much everybody is not liking it.if you look at all the polls that are out.its 95% 75% are disopointed with the xbox one .plus its HUGE
    Last edited by TMaxxcrazy33; 05-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

Traxxas Marshal
    Let's not turn this into a Forza vs. GT thread guys!

RC Qualifier
    If you drive like you would a real car, by trying to keep a perfect line and using professional racing style. You will like different games than a person that drives like it's a video game. Just trying to keep it on the road and go as fast as they can.

RC Enthusiast
    Right, so moving right along, Sonic will be coming to the Wii U this year. Sega says that the next 3 Sonic games will be exclusively for the Wii U and the 3DS. Glad to see they're finally releasing some awesome games for it; hopefully this will help the sales pick up. All I currently have for the Wii is New Super Mario Bros and Nintendo Land.

RC Qualifier
    Does Sonic still cause seizures?

RC poster
    I don't really see the used game debate... If I want to play a game I'll go buy it. At the same time I'm not a person that has to play new games all the time. I mean I've only played three different games in the past year. Mostly battlefield 3 though.
    freeks come out at nite...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Does Sonic still cause seizures?
    Guess I'll have to find out. Mario's rainbow star never caused me any trouble, so I doubt Hypersonic will.