RC Qualifier

Rx/Tx binding trouble

I am trying to bind my 3ch TQ 2.4ghz receiver with my 'older' TQ 2.4ghz transmitter (the one with fold down antenna) but not having much luck. After I make sure the Tx is in pairing mode, The second I turn on the esc while holding the Rx Link button, the tx turns solid green while the Rx continues to slowly blink red.

Is this common or Is there something I am not doing correctly? Do I have to 'unpair' the Rx from its original Tx before it can be paired with another Tx? Because The Rx still gets connected to the original, 'newer' Tx (no antenna one) okay when I turn those both on.

I have never bound a new tx before, so if any one has any tips before I call traxxas monday, I'd appreciate it.

That's because it won't work.
    For that radio...you need either the 2217 or 2218x receiver...depending on whether your transmitter is a 2228/2230 or 2238/2240.

The receiver you have will only work with the transmitters with the model numbers 6509,6513,6508,6515,6507,6516,or 6517.

On a related note... I need one of the 3ch receivers (model 6519) like you have.lol.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Ahh well that would make sense I guess. I just saw they both had TQ and 2.4 on them and thought they could be friends.
    Where did you read about what models that receiver supports?

PM me if you are indeed interested in the rx!

--
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Thanks dc, you saved me a long distance phone call! Hopefully your replies will help others now that that 3ch rx is shipping with all minis apparantly.

Thanks for the compliment...I try to help when I can.

I actually have two transmitters sitting here that I don't have receivers for...a 6513 and a 6516.

Thinking...I'm sending you a second PM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC poster
    9-25-14 - This post helped me figure out why my (new to me, bought today) Traxxas 2 channel transmitter part# 2238 would not pair or work with a (new to me, bought today) Traxxas receiver part# 6519. Tina's Train & Hobbies.

I printed this link to take to my local hobby shop so he is educated on the product better. I will have to drive 25 minutes one way to resolve this issue and that's only if he has the part on the hook. Sigh.

Real let down as this was for my sons 8th bday party this weekend and wanted 3 trucks to be road ready. Bummer.