Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

how to make xo1 go faster trick thread

hi guyz putting this together to help every1 out with going faster with the xo1. buddy of mine is real race car driver and has helped me out big time and shared a lot of his trade secrets. with these simple modifications i have done 132mph with all stock parts!

1) enemy of car at high speeds is wind. wind causes the engine to work harder so more aerodynamic the car is the better it can travel faster with less resistance. so what to do? wax the shell of the car. this makes the car cut through the air much better and has less drag. also get rid of the wing. pro racer friend of mine says all it does is just add drag and that the engine has to work harder to go faster because of this wing.

2) weight savings. the lighter a car is the faster it will be compared to a heavier car with the same power. my buddy who is a pro racer said this is why u always see these fast hondas beating the domestic cars all the time.

-remove material from wheels. traxxas put too much plastic on the spokes. use a dremel to thin it out then just weigh each wheel to make sure they r the same. good idea to balance wheels too. think of a real car how it rides when the wheels are out of balance. the same is tru for the xo1.

-same goes for tires. too much rubber on tires. hold car still then just jam into throttle to do burn out. make sure u have water on the ground so that u dont burn a hole in the tire tho. got this idea from another professional racer that is on the forum. props to stenchofspeed. guy has lots of good info on here.

-try runnin dish style slicks. no spokes mean no turbulence and u can also dremel these as well to lighten up. same goes for burning tires out to remove reciprocating mass

-remove the blue anodizing from all of the parts on the car. this adds unecessary weight especially on the drive shaft. less weight on rotating assembly the faster the engine will rev up. i also shaved down the pinion and spur gears. be careful nont to remove too much material tho.

-remove the front foam on the front of the bumper. not needed

-cut off some of the wire from lipos. use less solder for new plugs. traxxas plugs r good bc they are so light weight.

-remove all the stickers from the car. they are not as slippery as the waxed portion of lexan. so get rid of them. they serve no purpose.

3)dont fast charge ur lipo. do a 1c charge and then put the lipos in a freezer. this makes them faster. little known trick of the pro rc racers.

4) heat kills power. so what do u do? simple. think of a real car and cold air intakes. saw this on another thread too. cut hole in front of ur bumper to allow more air to travel over speed controller and motor. by removing the foam bumper up front and cutting a hole in the grill area of the car it will allow fresh cool air to cool the electronics. and wahlah you have a car that always stays cool. also put some panty hose from my girlfriend and glued it to stock cooling duct by motor. this keeps rocks out of car.

5) run only front tires. rear tires are bigger than fronts and basically robs power from car.

6) dont run hi speed splitter. extra plastic adds too much weight. side canards also add too much drag according to my buddy who is a pro racer. he knows what he is doing and it shows cuz i have been able to run 132mph on my stock XO1!

7) need more traction? who doesnt!!! take hair spray and spray down ur tires. take a blo dryer to them for about 20 seconds to try. u will have super sticky tires!!!!!!

Weight does not reduce tops speed but it does slow acceleration. A lighter car will reach it's top speed sooner or in less distance than a heavier car will but if everything else is equal the eventual top speed will be the same. This has been debated many times but it is based on the laws of physics.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    thx for reply. ya i get physics took it in high school and my buddy who is pro racer took it in colledge. i appreciate response but lets try to keep evertyhing on subject of the tricks of the trade in order to get our cars as fast as possible.

Just trying to keep the information accurate. A lot of your tips suggest reducing weight will make the car faster but the fact is it will make it accelerate faster but not improve top speed.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    will be adding more tricks 2morrow morning for increasing power on stock xo1. its all about setting up the ipod settings and programming castle link. stay tuned 4 more! thx dad 4 real. gotta always keep this stuff accurate.

RC poster
    Faster is up for debate. Faster as in accleration or faster as in top speed. He never really said. All he is looking for are some tips from the experts on here. I would put my tips on here but they got deleted. I dont think somebody thinks they were good. So i will keep them to myself.
    Last edited by Britishgt6; 05-27-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: To add on

RC Champion
    Interesting theories. Do you want to discuss these or are you asking us to accept them as fact?

RC Champion
    I would normally wait for a response but I have some time to offer some non-pro racer feedback on your tips;

1) wind resistance in often called drag. To reduce drag you can do a few things & yes removing elements is one of those. I'd agree with removing the rear wing BUT by removing aft drag you move the centre of pressure forward & this will create instability. If you replace the rear wing with a simpler shape like a vertical 'fin' then you reduce drag without losing stability. Think of a dart & how well they fly without the 'fins'...end over end. Waxing will make the body look great but won't make significant changes to the terminal velocity. The greatest influence within the drag coefficient of the XO-1 is the body shape not the boundary layer. I'd be surprised if you'd lose even 1% of terminal speed by sticking 60g sand paper over the body

2) as Dad has already stated weight only influences acceleration not speed

3) not sure where this tip has come from but most RC boat & RC speed people I know warm their batteries before they run them (up to 65 degrees Celsius). Warming them lowers the IR & cooling them has the opposite effect, you want the IR as low as possible for maximum discharge. Allowing the cells to cool to freezing (or even near to) temperatures actually destroys the internal chemistry

4) sure a hot motor or esc isn't good for racing or bashing but in short bursts they can absorb temp spikes, you just need to let them cool before you run them again. Also cutting a hole in the front of your body make create airflow but it also creates drag

5) if you reduce the size of the tyre, you actually reduce the gearing. This is good for acceleration but will reduce the maximum speed

6) taking the splitter away would likely increase blow overs. Canards are the same

7) isn't there rubber tyre conditioner available? I'm asking because I don't know

From what I know, most of what you've listed works to improve acceleration & if you've reduced tyre diameter (lowered the final gearing) then that certainly make your claimed 132mph speed a bit hard to see happening

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOptimusXO1 View Post
    hi guyz putting this together to help every1 out with going faster with the xo1. buddy of mine is real race car driver and has helped me out big time and shared a lot of his trade secrets. with these simple modifications i have done 132mph with all stock parts!

1) enemy of car at high speeds is wind. wind causes the engine to work harder so more aerodynamic the car is the better it can travel faster with less resistance. so what to do? wax the shell of the car. this makes the car cut through the air much better and has less drag. also get rid of the wing. pro racer friend of mine says all it does is just add drag and that the engine has to work harder to go faster because of this wing.

2) weight savings. the lighter a car is the faster it will be compared to a heavier car with the same power. my buddy who is a pro racer said this is why u always see these fast hondas beating the domestic cars all the time.

-remove material from wheels. traxxas put too much plastic on the spokes. use a dremel to thin it out then just weigh each wheel to make sure they r the same. good idea to balance wheels too. think of a real car how it rides when the wheels are out of balance. the same is tru for the xo1.

-same goes for tires. too much rubber on tires. hold car still then just jam into throttle to do burn out. make sure u have water on the ground so that u dont burn a hole in the tire tho. got this idea from another professional racer that is on the forum. props to stenchofspeed. guy has lots of good info on here.

-try runnin dish style slicks. no spokes mean no turbulence and u can also dremel these as well to lighten up. same goes for burning tires out to remove reciprocating mass

-remove the blue anodizing from all of the parts on the car. this adds unecessary weight especially on the drive shaft. less weight on rotating assembly the faster the engine will rev up. i also shaved down the pinion and spur gears. be careful nont to remove too much material tho.

-remove the front foam on the front of the bumper. not needed

-cut off some of the wire from lipos. use less solder for new plugs. traxxas plugs r good bc they are so light weight.

-remove all the stickers from the car. they are not as slippery as the waxed portion of lexan. so get rid of them. they serve no purpose.

3)dont fast charge ur lipo. do a 1c charge and then put the lipos in a freezer. this makes them faster. little known trick of the pro rc racers.

4) heat kills power. so what do u do? simple. think of a real car and cold air intakes. saw this on another thread too. cut hole in front of ur bumper to allow more air to travel over speed controller and motor. by removing the foam bumper up front and cutting a hole in the grill area of the car it will allow fresh cool air to cool the electronics. and wahlah you have a car that always stays cool. also put some panty hose from my girlfriend and glued it to stock cooling duct by motor. this keeps rocks out of car.

5) run only front tires. rear tires are bigger than fronts and basically robs power from car.

6) dont run hi speed splitter. extra plastic adds too much weight. side canards also add too much drag according to my buddy who is a pro racer. he knows what he is doing and it shows cuz i have been able to run 132mph on my stock XO1!

7) need more traction? who doesnt!!! take hair spray and spray down ur tires. take a blo dryer to them for about 20 seconds to try. u will have super sticky tires!!!!!!

Now i have 2 XO-1 with the 8S setups and one of them being the Kershaw Design and i tell you what i am not going to do any thing of what you said! I have heard of going to extremes but that about takes the cake! Why would i start hacking tires, the wheels, the foam and everything else to just go a little bit faster? I have the Leopard 5682 1670KV and i assure you with that much power weight is NOT an issue, but finding a road long enough to stretch her legs is!! In fact i add weight to the front to keep the nose down and flipping over as do most other 8S setups! In fact i add almost one pound if weight! The motor could have 10 pounds if weight on it and power still would not be a problem but the amount of road i have would be. You really need to think about what you are saying before you post on here because nobody in there right mind with an 8S or maybe even 6S setups are going to do that!! I can only speak for 8S set ups though as for that is all i have and these are the ones pulling the speed records and not the 6S.

RC Champion
    btw, the 132mph he says he ran is based on the Traxxas Telemetry on the iPod, not Radar or GPS.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    I think you should do all of your suggestions at the same time and video tape those first runs. This should make for an interesting video especially without the high speed splitter and no spoiler.

I'll get some popcorn...
    XO-1 #4...

RC Enthusiast
    figured u guyz wouldnt believe me and my claims. as a guy on here said there r laws of physics. i am very familiar with physics and mathematics. tooks lots of physics and math in high school. my boy even went further with physics bc he is a pro racern builds some of the fastest drag cars out there. took these classes in racing school and some colledge. telemetry is based on a mathmatecal calculation so therefore as long as your settings are right which mine r then it is right. sorry i didnt go into it last night i was wore out man. raced the xo1 all day yesterday. its not easy having the fastest rc car cuz it takes lotz of time and dedication.

imma hit u guyz up with some real physics.
    "The acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting upon it and is inversely proportional to its mass..."

--Newton's Second Law of Motion

Weight is the measure of the earth's gravitational pull on an object. Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object. Put our Duster on the moon and its weight changes; its mass does not. Inertia is a measure of an object's resistance to a change in direction or acceleration; mass affects inertia, weight does not, though the distinction matters little when drag racing on this planet. However, the more mass, the more inertia--and the more inertia, the more the resistance to acceleration.

--David Freiburger

this car is so fast that i only run it at drag strip. as i said my buddy is pro racer so i can get on drag strip whenever i need. we used the drag strip timing system to let us know we were really doing 132mph. like i said telemetry is a mathematical calculation and is not wrong. how can you defy physics or math? YOU CANT!!! my man stenchofspeed has been trying to tell u guyz this for months and i back him up. reducing weight is like adding more horsepower. dont believe me?

quoted here : Consider this: a 3,000-pound car packing 450 hp requires each horsepower to carry 6.66 pounds--the exact same ratio as a 4,000-pound car with 600 hp or a 2,000-pound car with a mere 300 hp. Work the numbers backward and it becomes clear that shedding pounds is just like adding horsepower.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0310...#ixzz2UVP6CVty

basically my boy did some testing for hotrod.com. long story short they managed to drop total vehicle weight (less driver) from 3,012 pounds to a shocking 2,424 pounds. Best of all, eighth-mile dragstrip performance improved from 7.627 seconds and 89.38 mph to 7.235/93.95. For approximate quarter-mile numbers, take those e.t.'s and multiply by 1.57. This shows a drop from 11.93 seconds to 11.35 seconds (5.8 tenths) and proves, almost to perfection, the drag racer's assumption that 100 pounds lost equals a tenth gained in the quarter.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0310...#ixzz2UVNDDF1n

they went from 89mph to almost 94mph. that is more horsepower right there. dont believe me? herez more testing in the real world on a show called car science stripped for speed. DATS REAL WORLD PROOF THAT WEIGHT INFLUENCES BOTH ACCELERATION AND SPEED!!! SAME GOES FOR RC CARS!!!

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-...ur-1-4-et.html
    vide0- http://video.us.msn.com/watch/video/...257c%257c%257c

herez another article
    http://www.importtuner.com/features/...i/viewall.html

see i back up all my claimz and i use physics and math to prove everything. not tryin to start nethang on here but pbo and dad ur claimz are incorrect. another trick i forgot to mention with weight iz to run smaller MAH battery. if all u doin is speed runs than it doesnt matter how much gas is in yo gas tank.

cutting hole in bumper argument - if u use spoke slicks the wind inducted into the engine will be sucked out from the wheels. how? i actually use dremel to cut the spokes at an angle almost like a fan blade. this eliminates the drag as well as sucks out the heat from the car. we actually put napkins inside of car and held car n jammed on the throttle. within a split second the wheels sucked the napkins right out of the car! on top of dis it also reduces weight. now i know all bout gearing. im just removing enuff tire during burn outs to reduce reciprotating mass. we used high dollar precision caliper to make sure the tallness of the tire hardly changd. see i also forgot to mention that we are removing rubber from sides of tires too.basically u hold the car at angle and do the burn out on a watered down asphault.

now u guyz dont believe me about removing spliters up front. dis is why i have hole in the body as well up front in the grill area. the wind entering into car enters at a zero degre angle and essentially will keep the front of car pushed down. this is called downforce n doesnt use some kinda high drag coefficient canard splitter setup that does nothing but slow it down and add weight.

again dont take my reply as tryin to front an argument cuz im juss here trying to help out tha community. if thingz were never questiond then no progrezz would ever b made.

I feel you are misinterpreting what you are reading. Tell you what put up an unedited video clearly showing your stock XO-1 doing 132 mph with a reliable speed measuring system and I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

Just being totally honest the claims you have made in various posts are very hard to believe. You have stated you just got the car and on the first day have it going 132 mph on 6s by doing some mods that most would think are ineffective at increasing top speed.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    figured u guyz wouldnt believe me and my claims. as a guy on here said there r laws of physics. i am very familiar with physics and mathematics. tooks lots of physics and math in high school
    "The acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting upon it and is inversely proportional to its mass..."

Weight is the measure of the earth's gravitational pull on an object. Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object. Put our Duster on the moon and its weight changes; its mass does not. Inertia is a measure of an object's resistance to a change in direction or acceleration; mass affects inertia, weight does not, though the distinction matters little when drag racing on this planet. However, the more mass, the more inertia--and the more inertia, the more the resistance to acceleration.

--David Freiburger
    What you have quoted here applies to acceleration. Can you find the calculation or descriptive quotes for speed?

Would you believe me if I said I took a standard 1:1 car & shaved a bit of weight off, gave it a polish & increased the top speed by 30%?

RC Racer
    I would also love to see this xo-1 speed run with no spoiler or high speed splitter.

RC poster
    Thinking about it way too hard.im thinking 132 is not achievable I don't care if you put
    a rocket motor on it with the stock equipment it won't happen.

RC Enthusiast
    figured u guyz wouldnt believe me and my claims. as a guy on here said there r laws of physics. i am very familiar with physics and mathematics. tooks lots of physics and math in high school. my boy even went further with physics bc he is a pro racern builds some of the fastest drag cars out there. took these classes in racing school and some colledge. telemetry is based on a mathmatecal calculation so therefore as long as your settings are right which mine r then it is right. sorry i didnt go into it last night i was wore out man. raced the xo1 all day yesterday. its not easy having the fastest rc car cuz it takes lotz of time and dedication.

imma hit u guyz up with some real physics.

--David Freiburger

this car is so fast that i only run it at drag strip. as i said my buddy is pro racer so i can get on drag strip whenever i need. we used the drag strip timing system to let us know we were really doing 132mph. like i said telemetry is a mathematical calculation and is not wrong. how can you defy physics or math? YOU CANT!!! my man stenchofspeed has been trying to tell u guyz this for months and i back him up. reducing weight is like adding more horsepower. dont believe me?

quoted here : Consider this: a 3,000-pound car packing 450 hp requires each horsepower to carry 6.66 pounds--the exact same ratio as a 4,000-pound car with 600 hp or a 2,000-pound car with a mere 300 hp. Work the numbers backward and it becomes clear that shedding pounds is just like adding horsepower.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0310...#ixzz2UVP6CVty

basically my boy did some testing for hotrod.com. long story short they managed to drop total vehicle weight (less driver) from 3,012 pounds to a shocking 2,424 pounds. Best of all, eighth-mile dragstrip performance improved from 7.627 seconds and 89.38 mph to 7.235/93.95. For approximate quarter-mile numbers, take those e.t.'s and multiply by 1.57. This shows a drop from 11.93 seconds to 11.35 seconds (5.8 tenths) and proves, almost to perfection, the drag racer's assumption that 100 pounds lost equals a tenth gained in the quarter.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0310...#ixzz2UVNDDF1n

they went from 89mph to almost 94mph. that is more horsepower right there. dont believe me? herez more testing in the real world on a show called car science stripped for speed. DATS REAL WORLD PROOF THAT WEIGHT INFLUENCES BOTH ACCELERATION AND SPEED!!! SAME GOES FOR RC CARS!!!

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-...ur-1-4-et.html
    vide0- http://video.us.msn.com/watch/video/...257c%257c%257c

herez another article
    http://www.importtuner.com/features/...i/viewall.html

see i back up all my claimz and i use physics and math to prove everything. not tryin to start nethang on here but pbo and dad ur claimz are incorrect. another trick i forgot to mention with weight iz to run smaller MAH battery. if all u doin is speed runs than it doesnt matter how much gas is in yo gas tank.

cutting hole in bumper argument - if u use spoke slicks the wind inducted into the engine will be sucked out from the wheels. how? i actually use dremel to cut the spokes at an angle almost like a fan blade. this eliminates the drag as well as sucks out the heat from the car. we actually put napkins inside of car and held car n jammed on the throttle. within a split second the wheels sucked the napkins right out of the car! on top of dis it also reduces weight. now i know all bout gearing. im just removing enuff tire during burn outs to reduce reciprotating mass. we used high dollar precision caliper to make sure the tallness of the tire hardly changd. see i also forgot to mention that we are removing rubber from sides of tires too.basically u hold the car at angle and do the burn out on a watered down asphault.

now u guyz dont believe me about removing spliters up front. dis is why i have hole in the body as well up front in the grill area. the wind entering into car enters at a zero degre angle and essentially will keep the front of car pushed down. this is called downforce n doesnt use some kinda high drag coefficient canard splitter setup that does nothing but slow it down and add weight.

again dont take my reply as tryin to front an argument cuz im juss here trying to help out tha community. if thingz were never questiond then no progrezz would ever b made.

I would LOVE to see this all happen on a stock set up and on 6S! If you did go 132 mph (verified) i would take my Kershaw Design 8S X0-1 and throw it in the trash! Forget selling it on Ebay or anything else................right in the trash. As i told you before make a video and get it gps verified and show everyone. Other than that it is just talk!! If you put as much time into making a video as you do talking we would have a great and very funny video to watch right now. Less talk and more action!! Forget what other people saying about getting popcorn to eat for this funny event, i would be getting like 20 pizza's and having all my RC friends come over for the funniest event i have seen in a LONG time!! I am over due for a funny video...........wayyyyyyyyy over due!! So grab the camera and lets get this show started already!!

GO ARMY

RC Racer
    I don't know about pizza. Speed run, backflip, the end... Sounds pretty short.

RC Champion
    You are looking at builds and tricks for drag racing.
    Go research Bonneville Salt flats high speed runs. You will see that they add weight to the cars to keep them from getting airborne.
    Weight doesn't affect top speed as much as it does affect acceleration.
    Drag is the main force that limits top speed. Using a 1:1 scale car for example, 300hp could get you to 180mph, but you would need to double the horsepower to hit 200mph.

RC poster
    Subscribing for a video.

RC poster
    I can't believe people are debating the laws of physics. We need to get back to the topic of tricks. I would really like to see everyone's input. Maybe i didn't think of something. Here is another one to get us on the right track. Put cermaic bearings in. The make a world of differnce. And true your tires by doing burnouts. Just becareful because to much will cause them to pop!

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm interested in seeing some pics and video.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Wow !!!! I cant wait to see this !!!!
    @ xo1extremespeed, dont throw your 8s setup in the trash, if he goes 132 mph, send it to him. Its no telling what he could do with it. !!! 180 maybe ??????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Britishgt6 View Post
    We need to get back to the topic of tricks.
    Yep, the laws of physics are easily tricked

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTBOY View Post
    Wow !!!! I cant wait to see this !!!!
    @ xo1extremespeed, dont throw your 8s setup in the trash, if he goes 132 mph, send it to him. Its no telling what he could do with it. !!! 180 maybe ??????
    Funny!! I would throw it in the trash before i ever gave it to him, and i will just leave it at that. Stock XO-1 6S stock front splitter and no spoiler at 132 mph = i throw it in the trash. If he can do 132 mph his first time out he "should" hit 800 mph in a couple of weeks on his stock 6S set up!
    Last edited by XO1EXTREMESPEED; 05-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.

RC poster
    Optimus, can you clarify what you mean by faster? Are you talking about top end or accleration? Or is it both?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    You are looking at builds and tricks for drag racing.
    Go research Bonneville Salt flats high speed runs. You will see that they add weight to the cars to keep them from getting airborne.
    Weight doesn't affect top speed as much as it does affect acceleration.
    Drag is the main force that limits top speed. Using a 1:1 scale car for example, 300hp could get you to 180mph, but you would need to double the horsepower to hit 200mph.
    This ^^^^^^^^
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    aight guyz sorry for the delay. been busy racing this xo1 and takin everyonez money. so ya i did remove lots of weight and it has helped out a ton as u can see. but i also added much more power and really tweaked the motor and esc. check it for example traxxas has gotten their stock xo1 up to 114mph while using their own lipo traxxas even told me this when i call them but they use a racetrack. im runnin the fastest lipos which b maxamps 150c rating 5k mah. thats no mistype either i said 150c thats 6x the power of the traxxas lipo. thats just plain ole math and as u guys know math aint lie. on top of this i have changed out connectors to 6mm castle bullets. thats what castle told me to run then i talked to them about tweakin the mamba monster. man its a monster too.

so they gave me some secret info as far as setting up the settings. therez new firm software for the castlelink. i downloaded it and it immediately adds power u will see that on the install screen. then u disable torque limiters and jack up the timing to about 24 degrees. therez a few other thingz i did but even the famous racers dont share all the secrets of the trade. so to all the physics profs all up in here tell me again that more powera and less weight wont go faster. cuz it does.

so shoutout to extreme but i dont want u done chuckin yo xo1z in the trash. im clockin 132 on 6s and i guess u cant do it on 8s. hit me up if u want some pointerz bro cuz im juss here to help out ya feel me? yo ponie i dropped u a line. hit me back up

RC Champion
    C rating of the battery is only the discharge rate. If your system is pulling 200 amps, going with a 5a 150c battery is not going to magically give you almost 4 times more power.
    Only thing you get with a high c rated battery is less voltage drop under load.

RC Enthusiast
    so explain to me why all these companiez be sellin these lipoz and have faster speedz than stock. lol u just dont get it huh. read my other stuff for realz. it haz more power period and lighter weight which is how im runnin 132mph.

RC Champion
    First off, you have no proof you ran 132.
    First, you stated the speed reading was from the tqi telemetry, which is not very accurate.
    Then you state that you ran down a drag strip and it ran 132 there.
    I haven't seen any videos of your runs, yet you're claiming that your stock xo-1 with modifications that would make it less stable at stock speeds, is running 30% faster than everyone else's stock xo-1's and faster than some people's highly modified xo-1's.

RC Racer
    so explain to me why all these companiez be sellin these lipoz and have faster speedz than stock. lol u just dont get it huh. read my other stuff for realz. it haz more power period and lighter weight which is how im runnin 132mph.
    Wow... I cant even read half the stuff you type... Forz realz... Finish school mostly english/grammar classes... Then get on a forum...
    Do people realize when they type like this how stupid they sound?

IMO the Traxxas telemetry has been shown to be very accurate when the proper input values are used. There are many instances where there has been bogus reading shown but they almost always are due to user error inputting incorrect values.

MrOptimusXO1 to be honest you are making claims that are very hard to believe. Without some legitimate evidence to back up your claims I think you are going to get a lot of flack if you continue to make these claims without backing them up with some credible evidence.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Lots of talk... No pics... No vid... Very experienced people on here know these claims are far fetched... I ran my XO stock and at 85 I wiped out... I cannot imagine 132 without major mods... Stench and fartofdoom have two of the best set-ups with PROOF. They not even chiming in to comment and that says a lot... LoL

RC poster
    Have you seen AnthonyV video? 148mph! Now that is a setup. Stench hasn't post a video in a while. I bet he is going to come up with something crazy. I hated to see him crash his last one.

RC poster
    MrOptimusXO1 did you read the instructions when you got the car? You know you have to change the gear ratio on the telemetry for it to work right. I ran 176 with mine with stock batteries and I didn't even take the anodizing off my parts to save weight! Try to top that!

RC Qualifier
    I have a good feeling we will never see a video of this "132mph" run
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Guger View Post
    MrOptimusXO1 did you read the instructions when you got the car? You know you have to change the gear ratio on the telemetry for it to work right. I ran 176 with mine with stock batteries and I didn't even take the anodizing off my parts to save weight! Try to top that!
    ya how many timez i gota explain to u guyz in english that everything is setup right. ya i set up gear ratios and everything on the traxxasapp. so wut next the quarter mile track trap speed wuz wrong too about 5 timez?

seemz like no1 here wantz to take my advice. tried to make a thread about racing some of theze other guyz then it got shot down. i guezz im not allowed to discuss my car up on thiz site or try to race ne1 to make things fun around here. not trying to brag not trying to boast.

yall want picturez? yall gonna get picturez. stay tuned!!!

RC poster
    Is your "s" key broken on your keyboard?

RC poster
    Fix the s key on your keyboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast