RC Competitor

Blinking green light on TQI transmitter

I've been running my slash with a Spektrum radio and receiver but the range is horrible. I contacted them and I'm sending it in for repairs. I decided to install the TQI system that came with it originally. I'm also using the castle MMP setup. After going through the bind procedure, and set throttle trim, my transmitter continually flashes green slowly. I've tried resetting radio to defaults, re binding, re calibrating at least a dozen times but the green light still flashes. It also wont allow me to access the menu portion of the transmitter. Any Ideas? I do have fresh batteries (twice over) in the transmitter. Help

Have you looked at Page 12 of the TQi manual?

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ual-120130.pdf

It says to turn the multi-function knob full left or right until it stops flashing.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    I did indeed try that several different times.

RC Racer
    Reset the transmitter

RC Racer
    This happened to me once. I kept resetting making sure everything was at zero and made sure I put brand new batteries in the transmitter. And it eventually switched back to solid green.

Sent from my iPhone 4
    Summit

RC Competitor
    I did the reset procedure, radio off, press menu and set, turn on and hold till red light flashes, is this correct?

I'm starting to think its a glitch in the software. Weird thing is, It was working this morning on my daughters pede before I put it on my slash.

RC Racer
    My TQi 6507 was doing that when I used my iPhone and Traxxas app to set the transmitter to "Training Mode". As soon as I disabled the mode using the app, the light went to solid green.

RC Racer
    That's a good point. Do you have the dock? I had it on mine when this happened. And yes I believe that is the correct procedure.

Sent from my iPhone 4
    Summit

RC Competitor
    No, I don't have the docking station. I'd like to try that set up but I use android based stuff. The dock only works with Iphone right? I have a friend that has it. I'll have to get him to put it on my transmitter and see if that works. Thanks guys. I'll let you know if that works.

RC Enthusiast
    i had this problem ended up getting worse no matter what i did. the range ended up being about 2 feet then id loose all control over the truck. I tried playing with the multifunction and reseting my transmitter to no success. turned out that my transmitter was done no idea why it went but i ended up halving to buy a new transmitter. hope you can get yours to work with out buying a new one

RC Champion
    I just charged up my erevos batteries after more than a year and I had this same problem. I messed around a bit and ended up holding the set button down until light stayed green and voila everything is back to normal. now to update the MM, I'm sure its due.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

I think this could be a problem with the lipo, or the esc. Especially because you said it worked on the other truck, and neither the spectrum or the traxxas radios will work. You've eliminated a radio problem because of this.

1. Do you have the esc plugged into the correct receiver port?

2. Are you sure the lipo is working?
    Last edited by O.G.; 07-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    I tried all of the above and nothing work for me. Then i tried replacing the batteries (the originals were brand new) and it worked.