RC Qualifier

MERV MERV MERV What about the MSV?

And I mean Mini Slash VXL not the stomach ache I mean summit.

MSV are awesome.

1/16 MSV (the original MSV) single green springs rear, double green in front. 2S 2.2A 50C lipo power.

Last edited by igglesfan; 06-24-2013 at 12:48 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Videos will follow

Oh, the rubber band holds the lipo XST cable .. normally

I have same setup on my son's MERV

RC Qualifier
    Nice!!! Can't wait!!!! I just finish'd convert'n my 1/16 rally to a Mini Slash today, super fun today on my backyard track.
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

Your pics show why I prefer a car which has the wheels outside the body. Lol.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    Nice!!! Can't wait!!!! I just finish'd convert'n my 1/16 rally to a Mini Slash today, super fun today on my backyard track.
    Sweet! Got pics or video? Too many MERV videos on the YT. Not enough REAL MSV fun (Mine are lame I got some grass spots on my track. Got my landlord hooked though so who knows

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Your pics show why I prefer a car which has the wheels outside the body. Lol.
    I drove the MERV on same track and even said on URC that the MERV was way easier to clean. In fact I said the BEST reason to get a MERV was the fact that dirt doesn't get in. Of course, neither does air, so everything heats up and you have to wait between packs.

Quote Originally Posted by igglesfan View Post
    I drove the MERV on same track and even said on URC that the MERV was way easier to clean. In fact I said the BEST reason to get a MERV was the fact that dirt doesn't get in. Of course, neither does air, so everything heats up and you have to wait between packs.
    Don't get me wrong, I like SC trucks and I even own one (1:24 which never gets dirty, lol). Yours at least looks like it's been used. And that is where it's about
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Don't get me wrong, I like SC trucks and I even own one (1:24 which never gets dirty, lol). Yours at least looks like it's been used. And that is where it's about
    I said that same thing in my Head i was like wow that must suck to clean but at least i can tell he had Fun!

RC Qualifier
    Didn't think it was hating post I get your view point. Cleaning is a pain.

Two points. Those pics are after three lipos, and I may not have mentioned it here... But I drove the track 5 minutes after wetting it. Didn't wait for the water to settle

I see why SC races are so boring now. Wet track improves grip ( not initially but later) I do not like that, it is like watching buggys on a track, completely unrealistic. Buggies are to sand like SC trucks are to loose dirt. Since the scale is reduced you have to do hard pack with sand on top to make it legitimate. Basically drifting around turns to keep speed. Wait till I get my videos up. They are totally terrible, what NOT to do. But I tried
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-02-2013 at 07:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    First video is up.

It is dusty though. Wet track should be up tomorrow. Going to be my last video with music I think. (Decided on Another one bites the Dust for this one and Slip Sliding Away for the wet track...) Sick of the youtube notices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMwcLBCiWf4

RC Qualifier
    Finally got the Wet track up.

Scuse the poor narration. First time doing it, with a webcam mic, and no script. I am not Anti-racing, just against calling a brown shoe a black shoe. IE calling 4WD buggy racing SC trucks. From a viewer's POV.

The main point is, The MSV is a ton of fun when you have proper terrain.

RC Qualifier
    Deleted that video and reupped with out the terrible commentary

http://youtu.be/y2Lo2dzAwWY

RC Enthusiast
    wow, how did you manange to get that clean again? shower? Cause compressed air wont works that good on that mud...... at least you had a lot of fun. Thanks for the vid, liked it .

RC Qualifier
    Careful spray with the garden hose, turn upside and shake it out and then hit any areas that might be hold some water in and all metal parts with WD40. I wipe off excess WD40 with a paper towel and it looks good

Oh that reminds me. Added a ramp to teh track. First attempt was just a small dirt pile not long enough to support a good transition.

New one has a wood ramp in ot then I covered it with dirt.

Packed, wet down, packed again wet down again, groomed and packed one more time. Leaving it till tomorrow to dry up.

I DOUBT it will last long maybe a few sessions, but it is my first real attempt, and this dirt does turn into concrete when it gets wet

RC Enthusiast
    Hope it works after all the effort. And wood, yeah good idea, that holds up a whole lot better than dirt, at least, compared to most dirt.