RC Competitor

Question Ugh, Slipper Pads!

I am overdoing something to make this happen, just can't figure it out. Brand new slipper pads are just turning to dust. It is only one at a time, but I just changed one the other day. First, any suggestions on how to curb this trend of mine, and also, where to I get pads by themselves? I had spares from a extra rebuild kit, gonna be bad when I have to replace it, but don't have any pads. Thanks

RC Racer
    Use alu pads from an emaxx or revo. Google revo slipper and your good to go!

RC Qualifier
    I've been running the same stock slipper pads in my Rustler for over two years now with no problems. You should not be destroying them that quickly and you certainly don't need aluminum pads. If it's a persistent problem, then I'd say you don't have your slipper clutch set up properly. Have you consulted the manual or videos online on how to set it? Are you reassembling the slipper assembly correctly according to the exploded views?

RC Competitor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg2112 View Post
    I've been running the same stock slipper pads in my Rustler for over two years now with no problems. You should not be destroying them that quickly and you certainly don't need aluminum pads. If it's a persistent problem, then I'd say you don't have your slipper clutch set up properly. Have you consulted the manual or videos online on how to set it? Are you reassembling the slipper assembly correctly according to the exploded views?
    Have every reference available, assembly isn't the issue as far as what goes where. Im pretty sure the slipper is the deal, though I loosen it just as the consensus says is correct. Speed runs on concrete, with a couple of hard 180/360's at each end was the scenario. Thanks for your reply

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    one at a time seems like you don't have your gear to plate set up properly

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    one at a time seems like you don't have your gear to plate set up properly
    Pretty sure I know what you mean, but please elaborate a bit if you don't mind.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The gear is screwed onto the slipper pad plate via 3 screws

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    The gear is screwed onto the slipper pad plate via 3 screws

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Honestly, I was thinking that it was exactly that. I am efficient at pulling the tranny, in doing so this time nothing looks damaged. Any personal favorite reference on doing that, a video perhaps. I must be using wrong search terms, I can't find a decent one
    Last edited by Twelvetreeez; 08-02-2016 at 08:56 AM.