Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my ride so far

RC Qualifier
    loving these...way kewl...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    where did you order those from can i have the link please
    The traxxas drive shafts?....part no: 6852r is the rear and part no:6851r is the front....I'm in the uk and brought them here from a supplier in the uk....which is modelsport uk...but if your in the states then I believe stormer hobbies have them in stock...or try something local to yourself?...hope this helps BEvans..???...

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    loving these...way kewl...

Thanks dude....
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Srry no not the drive shafts i meant the skid plates

RC Qualifier
    Lol.....it's T bone racing.com..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Lol.....it's T bone racing.com..
    will thos skidplates work with the protrack suspension

RC Champion
    I like them alot...really good fit and good piece of engineering...
    Okay, I'm going to go ahead, order the front ones in stock, and wait and scrounge around for the back ones...

A Mains are also backordered at this time..

Okay, I found both front and back Steel CVD Drive shafts!!! Ordered!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Okay, I found both front and back Steel CVD Drive shafts!!! Ordered!
    Nice one dude

took the cars out last night for a spot of mayhem....and boy did I end up the loser....my son always comes back with no damage...is he driving steady?...or just a good driver?....am I an abuser....or just a rubbish driver?...Lol
    [IMG][/IMG]

here is my damage
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    a broken skid plate already....center mount bearing seized...shock screw and rod piston end bent and body damage....great time had though

partial strip down and gonna rebuild...not sure as to put my revo slipper back in running MOD1 gearing or try my RRP steel slipper 32p....decisions...decisions....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

here are slipper pics please feel free to chime in as I like opinions...as im sooooooo indecisive about this one
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

before I rebuild I gonna do this little mod to the center drive shaft opening at the front of the car to ensure no dirt or debis don't enter the center chamber and this is what im gonna do
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

its a piece of nylon tubing and it is an amazing fit....I will seal the tubing to the outer chassis with a little bead of silicone sealant
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Whoa, good carnage!!

I don't know anything about those slippers your wanting to swap to but I'm all ears and interested....

RC Qualifier
    Whoa, good carnage!!

I don't know anything about those slippers your wanting to swap to but I'm all ears and interested....
    well I am using the revo slipper with aluminium pads and mod1 spur and pinion which is good for heavy gearing due to the teeth being larger.....if I switch to the RRP steel slipper it is more efficient as its 32pitch....but just worried about the steel on steel factor as there will be no give on the spur gear opposed to a plastic spur which will strip it theres a problem...well this is my knowledge not sure how true it is but that's how I understand it...Lol

RC Champion
    well I am using the revo slipper with aluminium pads and mod1 spur and pinion which is good for heavy gearing due to the teeth being larger.....if I switch to the RRP steel slipper it is more efficient as its 32pitch....but just worried about the steel on steel factor as there will be no give on the spur gear opposed to a plastic spur which will strip it theres a problem...well this is my knowledge not sure how true it is but that's how I understand it...Lol
    Yeah my thought is metal to metal would require lubrication as well, so then that makes it like flypaper to debris....

I was planing on stick with the standard 32p gears, however have been considering a clutch upgrade, thus my interest in what you're doing.

I'm with you on the breaking point... you want the weakest link at the location that is easiest to replace or cheapest to replace

Hey Simon, I was wondering on my drive to work... Why did the center bearing seize? Neglect, too much heat, both?

How old is your son btw? They just get it and are naturals!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Yeah my thought is metal to metal would require lubrication as well, so then that makes it like flypaper to debris....

I was planing on stick with the standard 32p gears, however have been considering a clutch upgrade, thus my interest in what you're doing.

I'm with you on the breaking point... you want the weakest link at the location that is easiest to replace or cheapest to replace
    true....I think for now I stick with plastic fantastic....Lol

Hey Simon, I was wondering on my drive to work... Why did the center bearing seize? Neglect, too much heat, both?

How old is your son btw? They just get it and are naturals!
    yeah mostly neglect due to a beach run and lots of dirt and dust trails weve been running...and the day we did the beach run got back late so I didn't clean it for a few days......my son is 9yrs old
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    yeah mostly neglect due to a beach run and lots of dirt and dust trails weve been running...and the day we did the beach run got back late so I didn't clean it for a few days......my son is 9yrs old
    Tell me about beach running!!! I've been wanting to do this, however I know its going to be hard on the truck, however done in moderation with good cleaning and maintenance afterward, it could be a lot of fun!

We have this great sand dune area beside our river that would present a lot of great running surfaces, jumps, aireal antics and photo opportunites....

I was wondering on the bearing seizure as it seems the bigger bearing is suppose to prevent that. I suppose anything left un maintained has an increase failure rate, independant of how strong it is designed.

Thats awesome you and your son can play togther like that! I sort of have the same situation really, just older

RC Qualifier
    Tell me about beach running!!! I've been wanting to do this, however I know its going to be hard on the truck, however done in moderation with good cleaning and maintenance afterward, it could be a lot of fun!

We have this great sand dune area beside our river that would present a lot of great running surfaces, jumps, aireal antics and photo opportunites....

I was wondering on the bearing seizure as it seems the bigger bearing is suppose to prevent that. I suppose anything left un maintained has an increase failure rate, independant of how strong it is designed.

Thats awesome you and your son can play togther like that! I sort of have the same situation really, just older
    I think beach runs are one of the most fun surfaces to run on like you we have some sand dunes to fly the trucks off and i just love to do speed runs near the waters edge as the sea ebbs in and out dodging a big wipeout as we chase each other....but the salt water and sand is a killer.....and as i didnt clean my truck off that was the price i paid.....i think??....as i cleaned my sons off he had no issues at all and runs smoothly as it did when new......you have a son you can run with?.

RC Champion
    I think beach runs are one of the most fun surfaces to run on like you we have some sand dunes to fly the trucks off and i just love to do speed runs near the waters edge as the sea ebbs in and out dodging a big wipeout as we chase each other....but the salt water and sand is a killer.....and as i didnt clean my truck off that was the price i paid.....i think??....as i cleaned my sons off he had no issues at all and runs smoothly as it did when new......you have a son you can run with?.
    Awesome! I'm going to do it because as you confirm, just the thought of it has me all giddy with excitement. I'll be sure pack my portable air tank along to clean it every so often. We have freash water as opposed to salt but mainly I just want to do dune jumping!

Sort of, he's my daughters boy friend. Hes the one holding the radar gun in my video. We share a lot of the same interests and he reminds me of myself . I bought that extra Slash so we could run together.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome! I'm going to do it because as you confirm, just the thought of it has me all giddy with excitement. I'll be sure pack my portable air tank along to clean it every so often. We have freash water as opposed to salt but mainly I just want to do dune jumping!

Sort of, he's my daughters boy friend. Hes the one holding the radar gun in my video. We share a lot of the same interests and he reminds me of myself . I bought that extra Slash so we could run together.
    Lol....its making me wanna do it again now...i must get an air compressor!!!!!....thats actually one tool i dont actually own that would be benifical ..more spending......nice Lol....ahhhhh the future son in law....thats great!!!!!!.....and what a father in law you are getting an extra slash so you can both run....

RC Champion
    Lol....its making me wanna do it again now...i must get an air compressor!!!!!....thats actually one tool i dont actually own that would be benifical ..more spending......nice Lol....ahhhhh the future son in law....thats great!!!!!!.....and what a father in law you are getting an extra slash so you can both run....
    Oh yeah, an air compressor is an absolute must! I blow off my cars/truck after every session and then rinse it with water if required or spray it lightly with simple green and wipe it down so it's clean and shiney for the next session. I'll WD40 the bearings and surfaces too if required.

Never mind being a good FiL, look at you getting your 9yr son a Slash so you can play too. What a great time!!

RC Racer
    That is rele great that you and ur son do this stuff together must be loads of fun

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah, an air compressor is an absolute must! I blow off my cars/truck after every session and then rinse it with water if required or spray it lightly with simple green and wipe it down so it's clean and shiney for the next session. I'll WD40 the bearings and surfaces too if required.

Never mind being a good FiL, look at you getting your 9yr son a Slash so you can play too. What a great time!!
    Compressor is on the shopping list....yeah I usually wash them down with a hose..wipe them dry and give them a good spray with GT85...well I guess you and me are very similar towards family fun?!?..

Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    That is rele great that you and ur son do this stuff together must be loads of fun
    Yes it sure is....but I also want him to get out in fresh air and learn some practical modelling skills and practical thinking when cleaning and fixing his truck when broke....it's better than him stuck indoors playing on the Xbox for hours on end...or is that just me wanting him to be like me?!..Lol

center drive shaft mods done!!!!! now to re assemble the trucks....also had a result today...the Tbone a arm skid that broke the other night is going to be replaced free of charge by them selves....I emailed them and told them it was the first time I ran with them on and they are gonna send a new one out.....great customer services
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Looks like a good fix to prevent debris from entering.

RC Qualifier
    Yes im well chuffed with it...and soooo simple.....its 12.5mm nylon tubing....once trucks are back in action i will post results

RC Champion
    Simon, how much does the Revo clutch differ from the standard Slash one?

I'm pondering upgrading my clutch as well. I've seen aluminum pads, carbon fiber pads, complete circular pads...etc.. It's compelling!

RC Racer
    You can get a mod 1 spur that fits on the slash slipper or center dif??? If so please let me know how to find one.

RC Qualifier

I'm pondering upgrading my clutch as well. I've seen aluminum pads, carbon fiber pads, complete circular pads...etc.. It's compelling!
    It has a larger surface area ...I will take a pic of the revo and slash slipper side by side so you can see

Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    You can get a mod 1 spur that fits on the slash slipper or center dif??? If so please let me know how to find one.
    I'm pretty sure they only do Mod1 for the slipper...and not for the Center diff

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Pics of standard slipper and revo slipper..
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Thanks! Does the Revo also have Mod1 gearing or it's just the clutch and I can bolt this to my 32p gears?

RC Qualifier
    You got it!!!!!.....its just the clutch....part no:5351 and 5352r is all you require ...

RC Champion
    Thanks, I'll check it out! I was also looking into the Hot Racing Double Slipper Clutch, but don't know too much about it other than it has double the surface area. You think if you want that you would just lock down the clutch a little bit tighter.

But it looks very cool!

RC Qualifier
    Very nice.....I haven't known anyone running these but have heard good things about them....they run six pads in them....It's very nice looking...

RC Champion
    Very nice.....I haven't known anyone running these but have heard good things about them....they run six pads in them....It's very nice looking...
    I may have to try one then and see how it is...

RC Qualifier
    I may have to try one then and see how it is...
    Sounds like a very good plan viperZ....if its any good i will upgrade my sons to this....im doing a few upgrades for him as i wanna get it all prep for when his motor/esc gives up.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Pics of standard slipper and revo slipper..
    So you have 2 holes in the center shaft. What one do you use?? On your REVO it looks like you may have used the second hole in from the back. Back being the end going into the rear of the truck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    So you have 2 holes in the center shaft. What one do you use?? On your REVO it looks like you may have used the second hole in from the back. Back being the end going into the rear of the truck.
    you are bang on dude

RC Qualifier
    mitch did a great write up on beefing up the slipper...u might want to look into that...and if ur gonna use Mod 1...u'll need an adapter to ur 3mm shaft on ur 550 can motor to bring it up to 5mm...once u do that...then u can use mod 1 pinions and mod 1 spurs....the only draw back on this is...that u can't use the ultimate transmission any longer cos that tranny only has spurs for mod 0.8...i've been trying to figure out how to fit mod 1 gears onto that tranny and try it out...

the slipper on my slash would slip horribly before it kicks in...and no matter how much i tighten up the slipper...there's just too much torque from the t8 motor...

RC Champion
    I'll look into that IvVaum.... It seems my slipper is holding out for now and was working well from what I could tell in the brief runs I had with it. Today will be it's shake down.

RC Qualifier
    fitted these little monkeys today...RPM shock protectors...nice job
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Awesome Simon. Good to see they fit the Power Strokes. I bought these for my Ultimate and the don't quite fit the Big bore GTR shocks. The coil springs are slightly too big in diameter

RC Qualifier
    Awesome Simon. Good to see they fit the Power Strokes. I bought these for my Ultimate and the don't quite fit the Big bore GTR shocks. The coil springs are slightly too big in diameter
    thanks viperZ.... i had to do a slight mod by drilling the bottom where the shock shafts goes though as it was slightly narrow for my shaft....but overall good fit now....but I do like it when things don't fit properly and you have to do your own mod....sense of achievement....springs to mind....sorry for pun....had to get it in...Lol

RC Champion
    thanks viperZ.... i had to do a slight mod by drilling the bottom where the shock shafts goes though as it was slightly narrow for my shaft....but overall good fit now....but I do like it when things don't fit properly and you have to do your own mod....sense of achievement....springs to mind....sorry for pun....had to get it in...Lol
    Yes, unfortunately the diameter of the springs are bigger than the seat of the guards, as such they tend to slip off on one side of the coil. I don't think they is a workable solution for it. One that I would be happy with other than larger shelds

I suppose I could just cut out the spring perch and use the guard

RC Qualifier
    Yes, unfortunately the diameter of the springs are bigger than the seat of the guards, as such they tend to slip off on one side of the coil. I don't think they is a workable solution for it. One that I would be happy with other than larger shelds

I suppose I could just cut out the spring perch and use the guard
    Or you could use smaller diameter springs?...or will they not go over your shocks?..

RC Champion
    Or you could use smaller diameter springs?...or will they not go over your shocks?..
    LOL, I also tried that.... I bought some Losi springs thinking they may work, they are smaller in diameter, but they will not slip over the shock body

I think the HR shocks I bought for the Rally are slightly smaller in diam. I did not try them on those. If they worked, I could swap them out on each chassis (GTR's to Rally, HR to Ultimate). I really wanted the guards for the Ultimate as the off road conditions it has seen thus far is really beating up the springs. The Rally would see less harsh conditions, thus would not really require the guards.... Hummmm

RC Qualifier
    Lol.....we try it all.....grass and twigs have been my main bug bear getting stuck between the springs that's why I got them....

after doing all the performance mods I want to my truck its now time to start my sons
    I started with the complete xo-1 driveshaft's ,caster and steering blocks complete with 17mm hexes
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have the traxxas slash driveshaft's and hexes and I must say the x0-1 set is a lot more meaty
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and they fit so sweet
    im waiting on a king headz motor mount and the MM2 and 2650kv combo and then I can rebuild it for him

for my truck im waiting on some decals from my good friend viperZ....some paint..... and ive ordered some liquid mask which ive never used before
    [IMG][/IMG]
    this body is going to painted with the gulf oil sponsor colours which im very excited to do....ive also ordered a led light kit so really looking forward to those coming
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-31-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: merge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast