RC Enthusiast

Radio recommendations

I'm having radio issues and it's time to upgrade. Looking to see what radios that you folks have had good luck with.

I haven't had any other radios other then traxxas ones
    But futaba and airtronics have the best ones on the market
    If range don't matter spectrum is good too
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    I vote for the Spektrum DX4s, I get more than enough range, it's cheaper than the DX3r Pro and it can save full profiles for 30 vehicles, backlit screen, audio/vibe alert capable and full telemetry if the cars have the appropriate sensors.

Paul B

RC Champion
    The DX4s does look pretty decent. I just got my son a DX3s and really like the built in telemetry. The DX3s does have a cheap feel compared to my JR R-1, but so far it is working well for him. I run a Spektrum module in my R-1 and have no issue with the range I get out of my vehicles.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Champion
    DX3s, switched to these 4yrs ago and love all the set up options, steering, brake, throttle travel all custom for each model programed. They can be found reasonable as they are stock on most losi kits and guys upgrade
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

I run a hacked Fly Sky GT3B...
    8 Channels with TONS of features like 4WS, dig, key mapping, dual rate, low voltage alarm, expo, and more. I also converted it to be LiPo powered; I charge up about every 6 months.
    Range is out of sight even with the antenna tucked under the body.
    3 Channel Rx's are less than $8
    6 Channel Rx's are less than $12
    8 Channel Rx's are less than $12
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 07-30-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    What receiver do you use for 8ch?
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Racer
    I was wondering if everyone here would want to check out my thread it's called I want to build a Slash from the ground up

RC Enthusiast
    The radio that I'm having trouble with is a fly sky GT3B. I love the features, but the trigger switch is messing up. When I let off the trigger it goes straight to reverse. If I take the radio apart and spray the trigger switch with contact cleaner it will work for a little while, then starts acting up again.

Sounds like a bad potentiometer.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I'd go with the Flysky FS-GT3B. The problem with the Flysky FS-GT3C is that the power button is in the middle of the steering wheel and the power cable (for the on-off switch) actually gets cut so you have to open up the remote and relocate the power button. This is a very common issue!

RC Champion
    I use a Spektrum DX8 for my airplanes, as such wanted to upgrade to a Spektrum DX4 just because I have lots of Spektrum receivers, and they are ~$30 new. The range is not as good as the Futabas, however I suspect are good enough.

I use to always use Futaba radios when I raced on-road, and have been thinking of upgrading to Futaba 4PKS or and Airtronics M12... Those would be my suggestions if cost isn't an objective, however if it is, then I would say a Futaba 4PLS, or a Spektrum DX4.

Anything is has got to be better than the Stock Traxxas TQi radio that came with my Ultimate. While its cool with the Traxxas link telemetry, and IQ dashboad on iPhone, the user feel leaves a lot to be desired.

RC poster
    Hi, I have tried to use a Spektrum SR3300T RX on a 1/16 Brushed Slash Traxxas with a XL 2.5 ESC and TITAN 12T motor, using a DX2S. I get the RX to bind,the servo works but I get not throttle, and as much as I tried, no success in calibrating the ESC. The green light keeps blinking as it was not recognizing the DX2S.
    Any suggestions, I need help!!!

RC poster
    Im using the Sanwa/Airtronics MT4, its a 4-channel radio with mixing-abilities for crawlers and also capable of telemetry (rpm/speed, 2xtemp, voltage) if you want with the right receiver, only downside their receivers are quite expensive. It uses FHSS-2/3/4 so you can also use most of the older Sanwa/Aitronics-receiver.

RC poster
    I am trying to use the TX that I have the DX2S for both cars, Losi and Traxxas, I don't really want to buy another TX from a different company. I have seen people using the DX3S, maybe it would work with my mini Slash