RC Enthusiast

E maxx brushed vs t maxx 2.5???

I have been wanting a new rc and can't decide what to get I sort of want nitro but I have never had nitro before. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I say go with the e maxx way less stuff to mess with. Just put in batterys and your good to go but you got to love the sound of a well tuned nitro.

RC Enthusiast
    What battery and charger would you recommend for the e maxx?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Champion
    I have a 6 month old Tmaxx and it sits on the shelf while I run the 13 year old emaxx. Buy electric they have come so far I see a day when Nitro will be serious old school. I run these batteries http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....&product_id=62 They are currently in srock and wont be very long. I had to retrofit my old 5906 I dont know if they fit the new emaxx. Call Tom at SPC and he can direct you. I use a Hitec X4, I have lots of cars with lots of batteries so I need to charge 4 at a time, approx $200. You can get it with 2. There are chargers with more power and faster charge times but this one has been great for me. BTW don't get sucked into the DC only model, get the AC/DC model. Can use standard wall plug and deep cell auto type batteries.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Enthusiast
    OK thanks for the reply. Also how durable are the maxx trucks?

RC Racer
    They r ok . Define to not the most durable truck on the market . No with upgrades hey can be. My truck is practically bullet proof

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks and if I wanted to put a snow plow on it is it powerful enough?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow14cooper View Post
    Thanks and if I wanted to put a snow plow on it is it powerful enough?

Maybe the Summit will be the better choice for your needs. The 775 Motor is pretty powerful

RC Enthusiast
    I would get the summit but it is out of my price range but thanks for the comment. And what one do you prefer the t maxx or e maxx?

I would get the summit but it is out of my price range but thanks for the comment. And what one do you prefer the t maxx or e maxx?

I am not a big nitro fan. Too loud, expensive fuel, motor tuning... so i would get the Brushed E-Maxx or Stampede 4x4 whick is more durable. E-Maxx needs at least RPM bulkheads since the stock are pretty weak.

I got the Summit and Stampede 4x4 and love both. If the Stampede 4x4 is too small get the E-Maxx.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks I have a stampede xl-5 which is not that great so do you know what the major differences are between the e maxx and the stampede 4x4?

You can't compare the 2WD Stampede to the 4x4. The 4x4 is based on the Slash 4x4 with bigger Tires and shorter Chassis. They share 90% of the parts.

Stampede 4x4 vs E-Maxx:

Stampede 4x4 is smaller, more durable and Brushless -> faster

E-Maxx is much bigger, dual Brushed Titan 550 Motors

Stampede 4x4 parts are cheaper.

I am also not a big fan of the Titan 550 motors because they don't last very long. But you could get the E-Maxx Brushed and later upgrade to a BL System, as many do.

So just get whatever truck YOU like more and you will have a lot of fun.

And get yourself some good Lipos

RC poster
    I'd be looking for second hand summit or e-maxx with some upgrades rather than just a brand new stock truck, you might even find one with a brushless upgrade, definitely get a electric over nitro, there's no comparison IMO.

RC Racer
    I just picked up a Brushless E-Maxx with a 2200kv motor, Mamba Monster ESC and 2, 5800mAh 2S Lipo's as well as a 4x4 Stampede Brushless with a 3S 3000mAh Lipo TODAY. This morning I was running a Brushed Emaxx 3906 with Titan Motors, and 2-3000mAh NiMh's. I can tell you there is NO Comparison. I loved my Brushed E-Maxx to learn on, but it is down right slow and weak compared to the 2200Kv in my new E-Maxx and the Modded 4x4 Stampede Truggy is the fastest thing I have ever seen in RC. Seller said it comes close to 70mph with the current motor/ESC and 3S Lipo that's in it. I honestly didn't believe him until I opened it up and it did a wheel stand at my best guess of 50mph. I could not keep the front wheels on the ground. Just freaking amazingly fast. I actually came to the forum here tonight to ask questions about the E-Maxx and Stampede. As for Nitro Vs Electric, I say go Electric Brushless and you will never Regret it. I have a few friends running Nitro and although there is the cool factor with it, they spend more time fiddling with the engines and less time running. (Granted when they are running and just have to add fuel instead of wait for battery's to charge they get to pick on me about that)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by capt fiero View Post
    i just picked up a brushless e-maxx with a 2200kv motor, mamba monster esc and 2, 5800mah 2s lipo's as well as a 4x4 stampede brushless with a 3s 3000mah lipo today. This morning i was running a brushed emaxx 3906 with titan motors, and 2-3000mah nimh's. I can tell you there is no comparison. I loved my brushed e-maxx to learn on, but it is down right slow and weak compared to the 2200kv in my new e-maxx and the modded 4x4 stampede truggy is the fastest thing i have ever seen in rc. Seller said it comes close to 70mph with the current motor/esc and 3s lipo that's in it. I honestly didn't believe him until i opened it up and it did a wheel stand at my best guess of 50mph. I could not keep the front wheels on the ground. Just freaking amazingly fast. I actually came to the forum here tonight to ask questions about the e-maxx and stampede. As for nitro vs electric, i say go electric brushless and you will never regret it. I have a few friends running nitro and although there is the cool factor with it, they spend more time fiddling with the engines and less time running. (granted when they are running and just have to add fuel instead of wait for battery's to charge they get to pick on me about that)
    exactly!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the help and if I were to get the stampede 4x4 what battery's and charger do u recommend?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for all the help and if I were to get the stampede 4x4 what battery's and charger do u recommend?

For starters you could get the EZ-Peak charger (2930) one of Traxxas affordable chargers for nimh batteries. Its a great charger the only catch is that your run time will be a little short when charging it at 4 amps rather than 3 amps it will say that on the label on the battery.

The 7 cell 8.4v 3000mah the comes with the 4x4 is a good start as well, but if you want a little more run time look for other Taxxas batteries with higher mah. The the highest one you could get is 5000mah, but you should be fine with 3000mah.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Quote Originally Posted by SouperkNight View Post
    For starters you could get the EZ-Peak charger (2930) one of Traxxas affordable chargers for nimh batteries. Its a great charger the only catch is that your run time will be a little short when charging it at 4 amps rather than 3 amps it will say that on the label on the battery.

The 7 cell 8.4v 3000mah the comes with the 4x4 is a good start as well, but if you want a little more run time look for other Taxxas batteries with higher mah. The the highest one you could get is 5000mah, but you should be fine with 3000mah.
    I would recommend getting good Lipos and a Lipo charger straight away. They are so much superior to nihms.

I would nevermore spend one cent on a nihm as driving battery. Just an out-dated technology in the rc world.

There are many threads about good lipos and chargers out there.

But i think the new Version of the Stampede 4x4 VXL comes with a Lipo and a cheap lipo charger anyway.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 08-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    OK thanks and do u know what to do with 3 year old nitro fuel??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I would recommend getting good Lipos and a Lipo charger straight away. They are so much superior to nihms.

I would nevermore spend one cent on a nihm as driving battery. Just an out-dated technology in the rc world.

There are many threads about good lipos and chargers out there.

But i think the new Version of the Stampede 4x4 VXL comes with a Lipo and a cheap lipo charger anyway.
    Ether way will work for you, but lipo is a whole new level. Going to get my first one for my Bandit.

They do if you see a model number that has a L at the end then it comes with lipo. Model number for the Pede 4x4 is 6708L.

do u know what to do with 3 year old nitro fuel??

I was wondering the same thing shadow14cooper as I have a nitro as well, but its not a Traxxas some inferior brand that a I got for Christmas and I had too many problems with it. Anyway I read threads about that, some answers are good with common sense and some of answers are bad and dangerous. Here's one thread.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...se-of-Old-Fuel
    Last edited by SouperkNight; 08-04-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks for the link but i dont know what to do with and will it still work in an nitro engine?

RC poster
    OK thanks and do u know what to do with 3 year old nitro fuel??

throw it out, it will be off!

RC Enthusiast
    Should I get a t maxx 2.5????

RC Qualifier
    The t maxx is alot of fun but it needs more work than the e maxx, depends what you like the easy way out is the e maxx battaries and you are good to go.

The same with nitro but there is tuning and cleaning which can take some time to do

The e maxx is as you know rtr buy some lipos and the e maxx is a blast you can buy the brushed or the brusshless, the brushed s waterproff ish and the brushless is not.

If you have lets say 3 sets of battaries (lipos 5000 mah) you should get at least 1 hour of run time.

Buy the e maxx that's the easy way if you want you can upgrade to brushless.

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinking of getting a e-maxx but I think the motors might burn out because every other car I have the motors get to hot and burn out and it is not cheap to keep buying new motors. So that's why I was thinking about nitro.

RC Qualifier
    Yes the brushed motor will stop working sometimes but the brushed motors from traxxas are okey if it is the 550 titans the titan 775 is a good brushed motor but the best must be kershaw design if you buy them you can change the brushes this is one of the best brushed motor you can get.

Nitro engine can break as well and you need to buy fuel also.

Do not know does the t maxx have reverse.

RC poster
    E-Maxx Brushed, change de stock 550 titan by 775 (Summit)