RC Enthusiast

e-maxx or rustler vxl

I have a crawler sitting around collecting dust(not traxxas) and I love it but don't use it and haven't for several months. I have an offer of either the Rustler VXL or an E-maxx with dual 550's. I have become such a Traxxas fan boy and don't know which one i want. I love speed but also love off road bashing. Which one is better.Thanks for any pointers.

4 wheel drive over 2 wheel drive any day.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Well, IMO, Monster Trucks are more flexible.

I have a Nitro Rustler and a T-Maxx: I can run the T-Maxx anywhere as it's higher.

RC Qualifier
    I vote E-Maxx, but remember it needs 2 batteries to run...

I always loved 1/10 because of the 1 battery. (but still vote E-Maxx)
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Champion
    Had both and traded the Emaxx for another Slash 4x4.. the Emaxx is a BIG truck, You need a BIG area to drive it. you need BIG batteries to keep it moving, you need a BIG charger to charge all the batteries.. but yes..It is BIG and drives over anything.

My VXL rustler get over 30 mins to a 5400 2s pack and it has been a barrel of Flawless fun ever time I take it out..
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    The rusty will be easier to maintain

From my fuel tank
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrofool View Post
    The rusty will be easier to maintain

From my fuel tank
    Exactly ^^^^^ Probably the best reason to own a Rusty.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC poster
    E-Maxx!!!!!! all terrain!

RC Qualifier
    Having owend both i still love them both but the maxx is way more fun. The rustler may be a little faster but the maxx will go more places also with my brushless set up and 2 2 cell lipos i can easly get 30 min of run time. And yes it is still water proff

RC Racer
    i dont know if i lucked out but the rusty is one tough truck and the stuff i do to it is ridiculous my revo is weak and my mgt i havent had long enough to know but the upside to the emaxx is 4wd ground clearance and its bigger the rustler is fast fun and cheap to fix and tough after dumping money into it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhayden81 View Post
    I have a crawler sitting around collecting dust(not traxxas) and I love it but don't use it and haven't for several months. I have an offer of either the Rustler VXL or an E-maxx with dual 550's. I have become such a Traxxas fan boy and don't know which one i want. I love speed but also love off road bashing. Which one is better.Thanks for any pointers.
    Both of them are popular. The E-Maxx is my vote for it as it can go almost everywhere, but one of the concerns for it, is it's soft springs. Small jumps will be ok, but big jumps is where you want better springs and shocks. Traxxas Big Bores are one of those shocks that people recommend, but I hear about the springs that come with them are soft as well. Other than that beside the mainatnace and need two batteries to run the E-Maxx is a sweet monster truck. You may have more money leftover for upgrades if getting a Rustler than an E-Maxx.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but it looks like I am getting BOTH!! It will be a fun weekend with all my new toys. Just picked up a Jato last week and now an E-Maxx and a Rustler VXL...

RC Qualifier
    You're one lucky duckling!

I only have a stampede.
    Last edited by ithrowstones; 08-10-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Lol
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhayden81 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but it looks like I am getting BOTH!! It will be a fun weekend with all my new toys. Just picked up a Jato last week and now an E-Maxx and a Rustler VXL...
    You just want more of them once you get one especially if its a Traxxas . I have a good sized pond on my property and I looking forward of getting a Spartan hopefully next year. Hope you have fun with them.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    I got my first Traxxas about 2 months ago(Slash) and have got 3 more since then!! I think I am addicted

RC Champion
    both is a better idea. use the rusty for road runs. the e-maxx for everything else. If speed is not a big deal with the e-maxx. even brushed it is a good 4x4 for trail running.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    ive owned an emaxx, bandit vxl (basically a rustler with shorter a arms), and now own a slash 4x4. i traded the emaxx for a slash 4x4 and, looking back now, deeply regret it. I miss my ole truck. D: but, im moving on lol. the emaxx was my first actual hobby truck, and ive been with it ever since. Getting rid of it was hard, but i wanted something new. The bandit was nowhere near as fun as my emaxx. Emaxx took every terrain i threw at it, while the bandit only took on road (i ran NIHM then on both, but now only lipo ). In my opinion, go with the emaxx. there so much fun, and can be upgraded so much. make sure, with either one, you get RPM a arms. best a arms on the market (in my opinon)

thats just my 2 cents. hope i helped!