RC Enthusiast

Revo 3.3 or T-maxx 3.3

I want to get started with nitro but don't know what to get and I have was debating between the revo and t-maxx?

RC Champion
    I had the same question. I'm thinking on T-maxx tho i've owned 2 in the past. But I wanted something a little bigger, I wanted a Savage XL but heard bad things on the motor. So my next choice is to get a T-maxx and add the mono block extension and the new .28 JL Force motor. The T-maxx also has more upgrades I'm planning on Adding the mono block extension and AL bulks and UE super shocks. with all regular RPM upgrades.

Depends on what you want to do. Performance wise they are both about the same; the Revo has a racer background though. I used to have a T-Maxx but now l have a Revo, love it so much more.
    Since you want to get into nitro, I would highly suggest reading the manual online and also all that you can here about learning how to tune. Nitro is much more than simply putting gas in and go and not as easy as your lawn mower.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    The tmaxx is a beast, but if you want something thats handling is more refined the revo is probably something to look at. I have had both and would always take the revo out instead of the tmaxx. Sand, dirt, pavement... Whatever.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    I was also think about the hpi savage x 4.6 and I like the t maxx but people say the revo is better so I am not sure what to get

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Champion
    the revo is best for the track - it's a blast to run and the handling is awesome.

The tmaxx is great for bashing around.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    i vote revo because of the rear exhaust. it helps keep the truck nice and clean.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

I would get the revo.
    They both are monster trucks but the revo is a bit better around the track .
    I personally like the revo's suspension alot .

I know a few friends who bought a t-maxx and wish they bought a revo but I don't know anybody who bought a revo and wish they bought a t-maxx.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    having had both I must say the REVO wins on ease of working on and better handling

RC Racer
    I have one of each. Revo handles turns at higher speeds than the tmaxx. Other than that, they are about equal. My tmaxx came with all UE stuff, so not sure how a stock one compares though... I really like them both.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I agree. They are both fun! When I had the stock 3.3s in my revo and tmaxx with stock gearing, the tmaxx could outrun the revo just a bit in a straight line.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Enthusiast
    For some reason I am now thinking of getting a exceed rc nitro truck

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Champion
    pretty simple. I have the revo my friend has the tmaxx. I also think the revo was built better. I work on my friends tmaxx a lot and it gets annoying to take apart due to design flaws. The tmaxx seems to be out of action more often also. This is just my experience.
    Tmaxx=basher
    Revo=Good at everything