Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    RC Racer
    Went to do a X Maxx Vs Summit bash on Sunday. Got all the way out to where I was gonna run 'em and filmed and discovered the batteries in the Summits controller were dead. Bummed.

RC Qualifier
    Rebuilt and shimmed my rear diff, including LEM Hardened spider gears and aluminum Diff cup
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Qualifier
    Highly modified a top light bar to replace the 2 large top front headlights on the front bumper. lots of dremeling, gluing and soldering later I am quite pleased with the results
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Champion
    built new strc hubs for the summit today, in the middle of figuring out the tie rods. and will be doing set up for new paint soon after.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Well, I'm ordering my Summit soon and then I can say what upgrades I did. lol. But reading this Thread just makes me love this Hobby So Much More!
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Qualifier
    Run my summit this weekend. Its great to be able to make runs for about a hour and a half before the batteries cut out. Its just amazing the terrain this thing can conquer. For the most part its unstoppable, did get stuck in a few odd spots and had to pick it up but it was also me not watching where I as going. Still having fun with this truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Worked on the 900Mhz video repeater:

RC Competitor
    I just installed my new brushless sensored system in my Summit. It's a 150A ESC and 1900KV 4270 sized motor. I'm really impressed with the results - fantastic top end performance, as well as very good, almost "brushed like" low end driveability. It even matches the truck's color scheme:

RC Qualifier
    I did run my summit for a while yesterday in a field accross the road from work. Not to bad of a place to run for a little while. Its been my to go rc for the last while. Waiting to get tires for the slash. Just maybe one day I'll think about installing the roof rack lights one day that are in my parts box just waiting there.

RC Competitor
    First post in the Summit forum as I just got my first Summit. Have ember. Hanging out in the Slash forum for a year or so. Anywho... slapped a GoPro on it and let my son tear it up. So fun. I love this truck. Most fun I have had RCing in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AMOuellette View Post
    First post in the Summit forum as I just got my first Summit. Have ember. Hanging out in the Slash forum for a year or so. Anywho... slapped a GoPro on it and let my son tear it up. So fun. I love this truck. Most fun I have had RCing in a long time.

That's great you finally got you a summit. Definitely a great rc for sure. I love mine even if its still stock. When I go out with friends they are always amazed that it just goes and doesn't stop.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    That's great you finally got you a summit. Definitely a great rc for sure. I love mine even if its still stock. When I go out with friends they are always amazed that it just goes and doesn't stop.
    Yeah I love it. Very soon it's getting the new Castle Sensored MMX 2200kv with some 3.8 Trenchers. But I am enjoying it stock for now. My kid loves it. I may have to get a second. Lol

Installed a hw sc8 and 2650kv motor on 3s. And a poor man's fpv works good.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    In the last 2 weeks I put together my Summit that I've had for over ten years, I got this when they first came out. It was in pieces in a storage container for many years. It took about 3 days working on it as much as I could at my shop in my RC room I built. I installed the Mamba Monster 2 setup, upgraded steering servos, new front differential and rebuilt rear diff, new tqi receiver and controller, rear shock brace, Proline Rock Rage wheels and tires, figured a way to use a single 4s lipo, still improving the mount for that but honestly it works good on top of rear brace with 2 Velcro straps. I just adjusted rear springs higher to composate for weight of battery. New front and rear bumpers with lights, checked every screw and tightened everything up. Still rocking the original all red body. It's so much fun my 6 year old son loves it. Him and I love this hobby so much and he is becoming quite the expert at it. I'm honestly buying the new blue Summit tomorrow so we can both go out on 1-2 hour crawls together. Can't wait to keep upgrading this one and gonna install brushless setup in the new blue one shortly after I get it. Looking for suggestions on upgrades for both so any input is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Czarman33; 06-22-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    Xmaxx 8s-Summit-Stampede VXL-Stampede 2wd-Teton

RC poster
    Also running stock gearing, it crawls great and has some good speed in high gear. Double orange springs are on the way for the rear.
    Xmaxx 8s-Summit-Stampede VXL-Stampede 2wd-Teton

Quote Originally Posted by Czarman33 View Post
    Also running stock gearing, it crawls great and has some good speed in high gear. Double orange springs are on the way for the rear.
    That's amazing. It's weird to think that summit has been out that long.

SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Racer
    I still use my summit quite often. Every time i take it out i remember what fun i had driving it. Its also a great truck for my 3 yo son to learn on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Last night was a fun time running rc's. My wife came out on a trip with our boy and me for the first time ever. I let her drive my summit the whole time and she actually liked it. She said it was lots of fun. We went on a local hiking/biking trail and did a bit of everything we ran into, hill climbing, a bit of climbing on the rocks and doing jumps as we found them. She asked when we go back out if she can come. Maybe this is the start of her getting into the hobby, lol, never know.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry posting again, what was funny was watching lots of others stopping to check out what we were doing. We even had some come up and ask us where we got theses rc's and of coarse the how much and how fast they go, lol. Some of the kids that were with their parents were begging their parents if they could get one too.

Went on a 3 mile walk with it and managed to brake 3 of the 4 axles. Was still able to drive it the last 100yds in reverse with only the front left axle working

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I finally got around to working on my "short-stuff" Summit project. Going to try and find another body, wheels, tires, springs, and narrow the control arms to give it a more scale appearance. The guy at the LHS asked what I was buying a body for and spent more time looking at my rig than helping me find a suitable shell, lol.

Here it is.

RC Competitor
    Very nice
    One Stampede and one TRX4

RC Qualifier
    Went out for a rc adventure this weekend with the boy and me. We had lots of fun at a new place(new to us, that is). Spend 3 hours running trucks. What a great day.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

What did you do to your Summit today?

Looks great. I love the Summit on the rocks! Mine are either a different composition or differently weathered.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Today I found a nice mud hole going to attack it when I get home from work

RC poster
    My Summit is one of a small collection, 6 operational trucks, 2 almost operational and 2 in need of time. 7 Traxxas & 3 Axial.

My Summit activity in recent months - as playing is only 1/2 the fun with any RC:
    1) fought with Traxxas customer service over ferrite beads on the 3 2065 servos, they refuse to discuss or replace. Under warranty the new 2065's come without the ferrite bead. Most likely added to pass an EMC compliance test, not sure why the customer service guy was such a jerk about it.

2) Pro-Line drive axles added. Stock were fine, but I added full T-Bone Racing under armor before I ever drove the Summit, causing smaller rocks to jam under the axles.

3) Just Bought 40 Series MudSlingers and Dick Cepek Wheels (RC4WD). To accommodate this I upgraded most of the steering system. 2 Savox SV-1271SG servos with power from Castle 20 amp Regulator/BEC connected directly to the batteries. Hot Racing aluminum steering assembly RVO4806, aluminum horns and Traxxas upgraded turn buckles.

4) Replaced rear springs with Traxxas front Springs. Also added Outerwears chassis shroud and shock covers. The and T-Bone under armor are a wonderful addition.

5) When new I also added Traxxas optional light kit and a Gear Head RC 1/10 Scale "Trail Rack" Roof Rack - Long GEA1138, fits perfectly. Also removed ALL the "decals" from the body which is green.

6) I live on 40 acres in southern Colorado and I am retired. When I am not out riding the Rockies on my Triumph Triple, I have my own RC truck heaven. Grandkids love it too!
    Last edited by rbr801; 12-22-2017 at 01:33 PM.

RC Racer
    I jush bash it !!!

I changed the pinion and go back tomorrow !!!
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"

RC Competitor
    I disassembled the diffs, shocks, and gearbox. I highly recommend using Super Lube for ring and pinions and in the gearbox as it adheres to the gear-teeth much better than white lithium grease. I also helps preventing water intrusion much better then white lithium grease if you drive in/around water. I always feels good to know your components are properly lubed! Time to go bashing on the trails!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011