Thread: Replacing Motor

RC poster

Replacing Motor

Quick question, my son has the Telluride and we started stripping out spur gears lately. I finally decided to pull out the motor as I could not get the mesh set properly. It looks like the motor shaft is moving just enough to not allow a proper mesh to be set. I see alot of post about the 12t motor as not being a good fit for this car and most seem to recommend the emax motor. Can I use the same mount, spur gear, pinion gear and batteries. Or does all of this need to be changed. If so, what are the recommendations?

RC Qualifier
    Get an aluminum motor mount? Kingzhead or Traxxas. This will keep the motor from moving.

RC poster
    well this has also happened to me 3 times with the 12t and i know it is annoying as heck, but on the other hand, check how long the teeth are on the plastic drive gear. My truck had a bad bearing in the motor. If the bearing goes bad it allows the spur gear to move around on the plastic drive gear.

RC Racer
    Trenton, ON, Canada
    Are you using 32P gears? This is what I'm using and I also went with a 21 T motor.