RC Qualifier

Tqi 5 channel receiver manual?

Can someone explain what all the channels are for. Like do you have to plug certain things into certain slots. Is there a manual somewhere. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

RC Champion
    channel 1 is steering, and 2 is esc. Most traxxas receivers have two number 1 slots for 2 steering servo's. Those are the 2 important channels. 3,4,5 i believe could be anything you want.
    Last edited by ajcar; 09-06-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

ajcar is correct... except channels 4 and 5 are only half channels. Channel 4 must be activated for channel 5 to work.

In stock form:
    Channel 1 = steering; operated by the wheel
    Channel 2 = ESC or carburetor servo; operated by the trigger
    Channel 3 = Shifting servo.. either hi/low or reverse/forward; operated by the thumb switch
    Channel 4 = Front locker servo; operated by the top or front switch depending on radio system
    Channel 5 = Rear locker servo; operated by the top or front switch depending on radio system

Channels 4 and 5 are also used in the drag cars, but I have not seen one to know exactly how.

Other than the first two channels, you can use any other open channel on the controller for whatever you wish... like controlling a receiver switch for LED's.

If you only have a 2 channel radio and a 5 channel receiver all the other channels (3-5) will not have any control but you can still use them to power fans, LED's, ect. Those items will just come on when you plug in the ESC.
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 09-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    ajcar is correct... except channels 4 and 5 are only half channels. Channel 4 must be activated for channel 5 to work.

In stock form:
    Channel 1 = steering; operated by the wheel
    Channel 2 = ESC or carburetor servo; operated by the trigger
    Channel 3 = Shifting servo.. either hi/low or reverse/forward; operated by the thumb switch
    Channel 4 = Front locker servo; operated by the top or front switch depending on radio system
    Channel 5 = Rear locker servo; operated by the top or front switch depending on radio system

Channels 4 and 5 are also used in the drag cars, but I have not seen one to know exactly how.

Other than the first two channels, you can use any other open channel on the controller for whatever you wish... like controlling a receiver switch for LED's.

If you only have a 2 channel radio and a 5 channel receiver all the other channels (3-5) will not have any control but you can still use them to power fans, LED's, ect. Those items will just come on when you plug in the ESC.
    Great info. Used channel 4 for my motor fan. Works great. Thanks fellas

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird43 View Post
    Great info. Used channel 4 for my motor fan. Works great. Thanks fellas
    Did you have to use ch 5 for 4 to work as mentioned above?

RC poster
    Note: I have the Traxxas TQi 6507x Transmitter w/ 6518 TQi 5-ch Receiver. My rx servo ports are labeled differently than listed above. I am running electric motor.
    Ch: 1
    Ch: 1
    Ch: 2
    Ch: 3
    Ch: 4
    Ch: 5 Batt/Ch5 - ESC power port?

and then 2 additional ports:
    V/T
    RPM

Questions:
    1.) Is the Ch: 5 Batt/Ch5 used for the ESC power port?
    2.) Can you use both channel(s) 1 for different functions to utilize both ports or do they have to be used for 4WS only?

If you are running a stand alone BEC system, channel 5 can be used to feed power into the receiver. Just be sure that if you are using a stand alone BEC that you remove the red wire of the "servo" wires from your ESC going into the receiver. Not doing so will result in a ruined ESC or BEC.

If you are using a standard ESC the power is being fed through the ESC "servo" wires into the receiver... and a stand alone BEC is not needed for most situations.

BEC power can actually be fed into any port on the receiver. All power is in parallel... which means power fed into any port will be shared to anything that is plugged into the receiver.

Channels 4 and 5 cannot be used for 4WS... not effectively anyway as the servos will not have full range. As stated before, these channels are half channels... channel 4 is half of channel 5 and channel 4 MUST be activated before channel 5 can be used.

RC poster
    Thanks for the info. Thread hasn't been active for a while & didn't know if anyone would reply.

I have the Holmes Hobbies setup pre wired inline BEC w/power. So i should be good to go w/ plugging into ch 5.

So i have it correct,,both channels 1 can be used to control two different functions independent/separate of each other?

No. Both channel 1 slots are just that... channel 1. They are 100% the exact same, 100% in parallel of one another.

RC poster
    Having a problem w/ what both channels 1 would be used for?

Traxxas has quite a few models that have dual steering servos.

Brushed eMaxx
    Brushless eMaxx
    Nitro eMaxx
    Nitro Revo
    Brushed Revo
    Brushless Revo
    Summit
    ect.

RC poster
    Got it, thanks.

RC Competitor
    Old thread I know.

What is the V/T, RPM, and sensor expansion ports used for?

Just a tad old! I was wondering where neutron came from lol some one woke him up..... I guess it was you, swigin.... Wish I could help ya. Just thought it was funny that i thought it was an up to date thread till I saw your message.

Guess you can tell I have never used Traxxas transmitters hardly at all.
    Choose Life !!!

voltage & temp - rpm ........
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Competitor
    V/T is for the voltage/temperature telemetry sensor
    Rpm is for the rpm telemetry sensor.

Sensor expansion port is for the telemetry expansion module that allows you to use GPS telemetry, and additional sensors, like an esc, or battery temp sensor.

RC poster
    So are the voltage temp and rpm all standard pwm or ppm channels?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ewalker302 View Post
    V/T is for the voltage/temperature telemetry sensor
    Rpm is for the rpm telemetry sensor.

Sensor expansion port is for the telemetry expansion module that allows you to use GPS telemetry, and additional sensors, like an esc, or battery temp sensor.
    Can you hook lights to v/t or rpm?

RC poster
    Does anyone know if you can use channel 4 and 5 wirh a tx controlled relay or other light control device to control various lights? Or better yet, know exactly whar kind of signal you get out of the two channels in the different toggle swtich positions?
    -Cory
    TRX4 Blazer. Still pretty much stock...