RC Qualifier

New Spartan built-up

A lot of you bought the spartan as RTR, well that was the first thing I did too, but since my Son always come with me during my Free time with the hobby, I let him play with my Spartan, then suddenly he improved His skills in handling the Boat with this set-up
    Prather 215
    2s Batteries
    Stock electronics
    I realize that I can't play anymore, so I decided to built a new one from the start, though this project would be finished next year, so that I can take my time starting on the painting until it will be a totally built.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet! There are never many Spartan builds so it will be cool to see one!

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see it painted up and in the water! I will be getting rid of my blue hull around April next year and going with a red hull because mine is coming apart at the front end and I have been hitting the side of the boat on things lately... I run in Salt water so it's wear and tear on my Spartan, I could just paint a hull up or have someone do it for me to match my Formula paint scheme.

RC Qualifier
    Any thoughts of this trim tabs?
    This set-up cost $62

Since I have the original set-up on my first Spartan this 4 trim tabs cost around $42

Could someone point me, if ever I'll be needing a second set of those? And how it handles they are a bit longer as well?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Can't wait to see it painted up and in the water! I will be getting rid of my blue hull around April next year and going with a red hull because mine is coming apart at the front end and I have been hitting the side of the boat on things lately... I run in Salt water so it's wear and tear on my Spartan, I could just paint a hull up or have someone do it for me to match my Formula paint scheme.
    I'll just make my paint simple, thinking of Red colours.

RC Qualifier
    My LHS were building a fibreglass hull for the spartan, but not 100% sure about the built, so I choose the ABS plastic.

RC Qualifier
    I might just do a orange and black scheme since it would be my first paint job... Anyways I just asked OSE about the dimensions of these tabs so hopefully they will get back to me soon with some info. I will probably go with the standard ABS hull, I want to see how F-R Racing's hull projects turn out. I also looked at Kintec RC trim tabs and they are around the same price...

About the CNC trim tabs this is the OSE respone...
    they are stronger and look better. Do they perform better? Id have to say no.

I would get them if I was doing a fresh build, otherwise for now I will stick with what I got. It looks like they are more narrow but a tad longer.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-12-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: merge
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    I might just do a orange and black scheme since it would be my first paint job... Anyways I just asked OSE about the dimensions of these tabs so hopefully they will get back to me soon with some info. I will probably go with the standard ABS hull, I want to see how F-R Racing's hull projects turn out. I also looked at Kintec RC trim tabs and they are around the same price...

About the CNC trim tabs this is the OSE respone...
    they are stronger and look better. Do they perform better? Id have to say no.

I would get them if I was doing a fresh build, otherwise for now I will stick with what I got. It looks like they are more narrow but a tad longer.
    Orange and black. I feel like I've seen that color scheme before...

Haha anyway let us know if you go with the Kintec RC tabs. You'd be the first to use them that I know of.

RC Qualifier
    I am a big orange person, my Slash Ultimate is Orange, my shoes, and plently others are to. I think Carnes99 has the CNC trim tabs in the alumium styled color, they may not be the same though.... Here is a thread about the Kintec Rudder that has the trim tabs installed on his Spartan
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...light=carnes99

RC Qualifier
    I am a big orange person, my Slash Ultimate is Orange, my shoes, and plently others are to. I think Carnes99 has the CNC trim tabs in the alumium styled color, they may not be the same though.... Here is a thread about the Kintec Rudder that has the trim tabs installed on his Spartan
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...light=carnes99
    Ohh I thought you were talking about the remote adjustable tabs from Kintec that you can control from your transmitter.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry F-R I read your post to fast, I thought about the remote tabs and really thought about them but finally decided no, main reason for no on the Remote Controlled tabs is because I am not good with these radios and and receivers at all... I am sure it would be easy but I like to just grease the boat, charge batts, run boat, clean boat, and repeat... Not a really big rc person just an ex-computer builder that needed another expensive thing to do! Still love my Traxxas stuff without a doubt (most of the time). I tried cooling my Spartan the other day with ziploc bag of ice and it worked, before I took the boat out in 95F heat it was 60F inside for an hour or so and the motor was even cooler because the bag of ice was on it. I didn't think to much about taking ice out befoire running so I turned the flex cable into a Twizzler by the end of the run. I lost the entire flex cable when I tried to clean it on the dock I forgot to hold on to it while spraying... The cooling worked though! I know that was off topic but oh well. I just might have to make some larger trim tabs in machine class...

RC Qualifier
    Sorry F-R I read your post to fast, I thought about the remote tabs and really thought about them but finally decided no, main reason for no on the Remote Controlled tabs is because I am not good with these radios and and receivers at all... I am sure it would be easy but I like to just grease the boat, charge batts, run boat, clean boat, and repeat... Not a really big rc person just an ex-computer builder that needed another expensive thing to do! Still love my Traxxas stuff without a doubt (most of the time). I tried cooling my Spartan the other day with ziploc bag of ice and it worked, before I took the boat out in 95F heat it was 60F inside for an hour or so and the motor was even cooler because the bag of ice was on it. I didn't think to much about taking ice out befoire running so I turned the flex cable into a Twizzler by the end of the run. I lost the entire flex cable when I tried to clean it on the dock I forgot to hold on to it while spraying... The cooling worked though! I know that was off topic but oh well. I just might have to make some larger trim tabs in machine class...
    Very true. I'm more of a realism kind of guy because I race these kinds of boats on 1:1 scale and have a passion for speed boats, RC or full scale. I think it would be awesome to be able to adjust tabs while running but it would take a ton of time to get linkage set up and all of the electronics figured out.

RC poster
    May I ask why the four trim tabs? I am new to rc boating.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwise View Post
    May I ask why the four trim tabs? I am new to rc boating.
    The rear part on the water while at low speed will be touching the outer trim tabs but when your at high speed the bow will go up and the rear as well which is called hydroplaning, if you don't have the additional trim tabs it will do a chine walking which will affect the performance of the boat resulting into side by side motion that you cannot do a full speed. But if you're only using NIMH Batteries it is not necessary to add another trim tabs. This is an upgrade if your using LIPO Batteries especially 3S Set-up.

RC Competitor
    Trim tabs traxxas spartan 6s lipo

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Traxxas spartan needs those with 6s settings if you wanna push full throtte..... No chinewalk enymore...

That 4 TRIMTABS costs only 26€ or close of that...
    AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD /BEST

Settings..... Safe=outerside tabs - 2mm under bottom

Last edited by Double G; 10-23-2018 at 08:51 AM. Reason: clutter reduction