Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC Qualifier
    I was reading through this thread and saw you mentioned Ultimate RC out in Alvin. I actually just came back from there and the track is top notch.
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    looks great. what is that body?
    Its the body that came with the Revo Platinum edition. Its nice and cheap and holds up well.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Bdy_..._p/tra5320.htm

Quote Originally Posted by H towns finest View Post
    I was reading through this thread and saw you mentioned Ultimate RC out in Alvin. I actually just came back from there and the track is top notch.
    Its a pretty sweet track for sure. I used to go a lot a couple of years ago.
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

Thanks dude.

well i just got back in from running on 5s. It was running strong and fast but something happened inside the tranny. The spur spins but the outdrives dont. I think the post screws that hold the metal gear and the diff top cap broke or backed out. I'll tear it down tonight maybe and see what happened.

Good news, the diff did not fail at all. It was a pin held in by a c clamp that came unloose and fell out. I put the c clamp in the vice to tighten it down then gaff taped it and zip tied it to the gear. hopefully this doesnt happen again.

Now I'm looking at the kershaw Revo brusless conversion setup. With the Tekno, I am limited to the 38t Robinson Racing spur and 17t pinion. It appears that the kershaw has more adjustability with the motor and a bigger pinion can be used. This is good for me because i feel like 4s should be enough power but it doesnt have the speed i want for bashing.

http://kershawdesigns.com/RevoBrushlessConverison.htm

RC Competitor
    Hi

You should try using heat shrink to hold that pin in place.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdragon View Post
    Hi

You should try using heat shrink to hold that pin in place.
    That is a great idea. Maybe heat shrink, tape and a zip tie. I'll see how it works like this since the truck is all back together.

I took the Revo out with many oohs and ahhs coming from the little nephews today. It held up great climbing trees and running around on 5s through the grass. I have a feeling this truck is going to see a lot more shelf time with the X-Maxx coming soon. I ordered the kershaw motor mount and already have the sweep racing belted tires so I may be trying out some speedruns on 6s with the 2650.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I took the Revo out with many oohs and ahhs coming from the little nephews today. It held up great climbing trees and running around on 5s through the grass. I have a feeling this truck is going to see a lot more shelf time with the X-Maxx coming soon. I ordered the kershaw motor mount and already have the sweep racing belted tires so I may be trying out some speedruns on 6s with the 2650.
    Intereting, what batts are you going to put on the 2650 (thats a not a 2650 by CC right or poseidon), I thought of puting my 2650 cc in a erevo, but was not sure about the temps that will come out of it, right now I have an xl2 and a 2200 in, and thinking of doing the same for one of my revos now that I got the motor mount froom a fellow membre here, another xl2, maybe the 1717 and that kershaw mount you reffered to down the track.....
    Live life to the fullest

I am running an SPC 4s and Sky lipo 5s 40c. It is the castle creation 2650kv and the temps after the run on 4s were 120 on the motor 105 on the esc and 135 and 100 on 5s. I hope you have 1/8 scaled diffs running the 1717!

I received my Kershaw electric conversion and went to town on the transmission tonight. I really like the included two speed delete gear. Not only does it remove some of the rotating mass in the tranny but also gears it up a little higher which I feel this truck needs to reach higher speeds.

Here is the difference with the new set of gears. I didnt count the teeth but the taller gear has a few more than the stock setup. Kershaw made the gear as big as possible with the tranny case as the constraint.

You can see that it takes up every bit of space. And i used heat shrink to keep the c clamp in place this time.

I buttoned the tranny back up and went to the new motor mount. Not sure what is going on but the kershaw motor mount was not meant for the 3.3 mount holder. I'm going to contact them tomorrow and see what is going on with this. I'm going to put the tekno motor mount back on with the 17t pinion included in the kershaw kit (which i didnt have before, was running a 16t) which should fit just right. I think that and the larger gear inside the tranny will give me a nice boost of top end speed.

After emailing with Dan from Kershaw, he discovered that he sent the motor mount for a tmaxx conversion instead of the revo

After emailing with Dan from Kershaw, he discovered that he sent the motor mount for a tmaxx conversion instead of the revo
    That seems, like one of those funny mistakes....yeah let us know how the new mount will peform, I have got the tecno one but have had no time to try it out and also to put the lst2 diff in yet, hopefuly this winter will give me plenty of time unless I am forever snowwboarding during the winter period coming up.

I like the look of the kernshaw design though (one peice), leaves less parts for movement etc.
    Live life to the fullest

well, apparently I was trying to connect the kershaw mount to the tekno mount holder lol. The kershaw mount mounted right to the chassis. I like that it gives a little lower center of gravity. I also put the Kershaw esc mount on and i like it better too. My rear diff was leaking so i rebuilt it with some shock snot on the orings. While i had it apart I put the traxxas dogbones on. I have my 6s charging right now and will attempt some speedruns this afternoon with a radar gun. I will post a vid.

had to modify the rollbar a little.

I ran the truck today on 6s with the wife out with the radar gun. I maxed out at a pretty disappointing 45mph After about 10 minutes of driving in the grass the truck stopped moving forward. I went to see what was going on and i could smell the motor burning. Turns out two of the end cap screws for the motor had popped out. I measured the temps and the motor was at 145 and the esc was 99. I guess I will to order some screws from castle. I havent pulled the motor to see if there was any damage yet.

Well the revo officially has a new owner. it was fun while it lasted

RC Competitor
    Well the revo officially has a new owner. it was fun while it lasted
    Did you sell it or something

Yep it's been sold. No need for it now that I have an Xmaxx.

I'm all ears for tips and suggestions since this is my first ERBE build. I know I need to upgrade the hingepins and rocker post but I'm unsure which are the best.
    I have these rocker post but one has lost its bearing ? How can i get another bearing ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456