Thread: Loud in Low

RC Racer

Loud in Low

So a little back story; I bought my Summit used about a month and a half ago. I had it for about a week before the ESC (Tekin RX8) went up in smoke due to the previous owner's crappy wiring. Due to this, and waiting on a new ESC, I've had a lot of downtime where I have gone through the whole truck top to bottom.

Now I have a new ESC, and actually get to drive it. While driving though, I noticed that it is extremely loud in low gear. It is night and day from high to low, and in high you almost can't hear the truck running (the fan on the ESC is almost louder than the truck moving). The noise in low gear is comparable to a spur/pinion mesh that is set incorrectly. Just wondering if this is normal, or if I should take the center diff back apart and maybe replace gears? Any other parts to look at in the diff that could create noise? Thanks in advance for the help.

RC Competitor
    I would start with the transmission and go from there. Maybe take it apart, check the bearings, clean and re greese the transmission. There is a few gears inparticar for low gear. I'll post a picture if I find one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RC Competitor

If I am correct this is the right gears for low gear.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk