Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Aw man I'm gonna have to get an aluminum summit diff housing!! They better not delay or for two years like these axles tho...

RC Qualifier
    I dont think that will happen this time . They already have some prototypes of the diff housing . It should be early next year so my fingers are crossed.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

RC Qualifier
    Some pics of the LEM axles installed I had to remove the Kershaw Design extension kit until I can get some custom made axles maybe anodized Orange.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nice axles!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Nice axles!
    Thanks I cant wait to see what else the guys at LEM come up with!!!

RC Racer
    Are the axles facing backwards? The rubber boot is supposed to be on the same side as the axle carrier. Or do you have it flipped so the rubber boot is protected from sticks and branches?

Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    Are the axles facing backwards? The rubber boot is supposed to be on the same side as the axle carrier. Or do you have it flipped so the rubber boot is protected from sticks and branches?
    I believe that is the idea.
    I gave up on the boots,they seemed to hold more junk in than they stopped.i would tear them pretty quick(rough terrein)
    I just clean them more often
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Yes that was the plan it may not help but worth a shot.

RC Qualifier
    OVERKILL getting his new LEM axles muddy!

https://youtu.be/hkhmtM-XaxM
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 10-28-2015 at 06:36 PM.

RC Racer
    Awesome video!! The LEM axles look great on OVERKILL.

Quick question, How do you keep your stub axles from rusting when you take the Summit through mud/water? I took my Summit in the mud for the first time the other day, and since then my stub axles had rusted, so today I spent some time removing the rust from them. How can I avoid this?

RC Qualifier
    If Im not too lazy I use compressed air to blow most of the junk out. I also spray lots of lube in there every other run at least. Your still gonna get some rust no matter what you do .

RC Racer
    Looks like a fun place to run summits. Do you have stainless screws? My stock screws rust fast after running in water.
    I replaced them and just use WD-40 afterwards.

RC Qualifier
    90% of my screws are stainless steel, and I submerge my summit on occasion. To clean it, i spray the hose all over the truck, take the wheels off, blow everything off twice with an air compressor, and spray wd-40 on all bearings, driveshaft joints, and the tranny shifter. After it all dries I'll re-lube my motor and squeeze out the tires and mount them back up

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadingEdge View Post
    Looks like a fun place to run summits. Do you have stainless screws? My stock screws rust fast after running in water.
    I replaced them and just use WD-40 afterwards.
    The screws on the bottom chassis are stainless but most everything else is stock. I remember when I first got it I would clean it after every run . Take a q-tip dip it in WD40 and dab it on all the screws. After getting the second Summit and several other rc's that all went out the window quick.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    90% of my screws are stainless steel, and I submerge my summit on occasion. To clean it, i spray the hose all over the truck, take the wheels off, blow everything off twice with an air compressor, and spray wd-40 on all bearings, driveshaft joints, and the tranny shifter. After it all dries I'll re-lube my motor and squeeze out the tires and mount them back up
    Taking the wheels and hexes off is a good idea from time to time. I drive in a lot of tall grass and it gets wrapped around the stub axle between the hex and bearing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Taking the wheels and hexes off is a good idea from time to time. I drive in a lot of tall grass and it gets wrapped around the stub axle between the hex and bearing.
    Thats usually what I do with all my other RCs, but I'm running the HPP hexes on the Summit, and they are not meant to be taken on and off often because it wears out the o-rings, and you will need to add more thread lock

RC Qualifier
    Got a few short runs in today . LEM axle are holding up just fine but I had a few other issues. One of the small e-clips on the front drive shaft fell off allowing the cross pin to slide out until it started eating into the aluminum chassis. Then ten minutes later the pinion gear came loose ending the day since I didnt bring any tools . I tried to give the axles some abuse but the rest of OVERKILL wasnt allowing that.
    https://youtu.be/Tb63N8igxMU

This is first gear driving only?

RC Qualifier
    Its second gear for OVERKILL since he has the gear reduction added. Top speed in low gear is only 4.4 mph which was way to slow for what I was trying to do in this video .I get a top speed of just over 12 mph which I think is about top speed for a Summit in low gear. I know it sounds slow to you basher guys but for a truck this heavy and tall = clumsy it's plenty fast for me. I don't normally drive it nearly this hard or fast. It's more of a trail and hauling truck not meant to be my basher.

IC. Thanks dude.

Awesome thread! This I will definitely follow!

RC Qualifier
    Took the Summits and atv's out for some fun today. Here is OVERKILL pulling my son on his Honda trx70.

https://youtu.be/IjltTYnoH3Q

Tug of war round 2 of 3 . He actually thought he had a chance .

https://youtu.be/C_hzcMI6BI4

RC Qualifier
    OVERKILL pulling 2 atvs and my 8yr old boys.
    https://youtu.be/5zxke1zFz-M

OVERKILL pulling 2 atvs and my 8yr old boys.
    https://youtu.be/5zxke1zFz-M
    Awesome

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Awesome
    Thanks I didn't think it would even pull them.

RC Qualifier
    Installed some RC4WD Demolishers on my stockish Summit.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks awesome

RC Racer
    It took me 2 days to read this thread and it was totally worth it! I want to make a rustler overkill before I get another rc. I want like an off road speed run/jump car before I get a crawler and maby one day a summit but money is tight so no time soon. hope to see more on this thread soon!☺
    Broke rusty

RC Qualifier
    Just picked up 4 of the new HR aluminum diff cases for 6 bucks each. Not sure if the will hold up but at that price I couldn't pass them up.
    [IMG][/IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-S.../262241792469?
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 01-15-2016 at 07:57 AM.

RC Racer
    wow thats cheap
    Broke rusty

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleFart View Post
    wow thats cheap
    No clue why they were so cheap . They arrived in the mail today and look great I will try and assemble one soon to see how it feels.

RC Racer
    Too good to be true?

RC Competitor
    Love your Summit! Just got a summit. How are you liking the LEM Axels? Have some MIP's in mine but (what it came with) I noticed that they have problems holding in the grub screws and loosing them in the field. I can't have that happen when I travel and I prefer to not carry a toolbox of parts with me either. Smoking deal on those Diff covers. pics please

RC Qualifier
    Love the LEM axles they just look so much better then any other axle out there and are holding up great as well. One of the best parts LEM makes is the aluminum dog carrier I highly recommend getting one. I run the MIP's in my Mamba Slash and they are ok at best. Not gonna run the diff cases in OVERKILL I may try them in my sons Summit.

RC Qualifier
    Took the Beast out for some fun in the snow.

RC Qualifier
    Removed the gear reduction and put 2 screws through the slipper setup. Lets just say OVERKILL was hauling butt for about 20 minutes. Running in 5 inches of snow at maybe half throttle 15-20mph then hit 3/4 throttle. Watching OVERKILL pick the front wheels up and carry them across the snow was amazing . I was smiling from ear to ear like a kid in a candy store. Went up to get my son so he could video for me because this thing flying toward me at full speed scared the crap out of me. Then all heck broke loose .
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I put 3 screws through the rrp slipper I had just for giggles. It was pretty sweet to see actual throttle response, the rrp slipper disappoints me

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    I put 3 screws through the rrp slipper I had just for giggles. It was pretty sweet to see actual throttle response, the rrp slipper disappoints me
    Thanks for the info on the RRP slipper. I was thinking of trying it just wasn't sure if it could hold up to the power I'm running. I may try a slipper eliminator but nobody makes one from steel. If anyone has some info on a good setup please post it.

RC Competitor

Huge Traxxas Summit OVERKILL

Love the LEM axles they just look so much better then any other axle out there and are holding up great as well. One of the best parts LEM makes is the aluminum dog carrier I highly recommend getting one. I run the MIP's in my Mamba Slash and they are ok at best. Not gonna run the diff cases in OVERKILL I may try them in my sons Summit.
    Totally agree with you regarding the dog carrier. One of the first things I installed. Big difference. Thanks for the thumbs up on the axels. Adding it to the wish list. Have a fpv project coming up for the summit I have yet to see...need something different like you did with your Overkill. Adding your personal touch. Enjoy watching your vids.

RC Qualifier
    After seeing the size of these summits in person they absolutely massive. I'm glad I went with the 1/16 scale or there's no way I would fit two of them in with my camping gear.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast