RC Racer

best traxxas truck?

I am looking for my next truck.

I think I really want 4 x 4 brushless. What do you guys think. I like off road but tend to just drive on my street and grass. I like to do jumps and I am not the best drive so tend to crash a bit.

Was thinking of

Stampede VXL 4 x 4
    E-revo
    Summit

Most likely I will buy this used so I may not have too many choices.

Just curious to see what most of you think is the best. Of course I realize this is all based on opinion

IMO, these are the best, in no particlur order.

Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    1/10 Summit
    1/10 E-Revo.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Ive had a number of Traxxas RC's and I think Im down to the (2) best they make (Ive not owned a Summit however, but will someday )

Erevo 1/10 MMM
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

Would have to say
    Stampede 4x4 or Slash 4x4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede - 4x4 x3
    Prerunner x3
    Teton

There is no comparison the E-Revo is a fantastic truck. It can do standing backflips!! For me I would go with the E-Revo.
    37Ē Fightercat Shocker 10S
    Traxxas Spartan Stock

I have always wanted a Slash. Everything you read is about how tough they are with little mods.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I have 2 4 x 4 slashes and I prefer to drive the stampede or other monster truck. The slash is pretty indistructable though. I have a revo nitro which I love but every time I take it out I break something.

RC Qualifier
    Ive owned a slash 4x4 also. Im sure its a great course/racing truck. I just found it wasnt a real good all purpouse/basher truck. At least the HCG model I had wasnt. Body slap on the smallest of jumps. Fast and fun on 3s however
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Brushless E-Revo if you like speed and the Summit(which I have 1) if you have the terrain...
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    choose between the e revo and summit depending on what you want to do, although i would say e revo. From personal experience i've had problems with the slash 4x4 and the stampede 4x4 is just about the same car as a slash 4x4 in reality. The e revo is really nice. The only parts you need are some good 2s lipos and steel cvd's and you will have a lot of fun. I have no experience with the summit, but they seem to work fine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I have to say......
    REVO-E (nitro converted to electric)
    Stampede 4x4
    I don't know how I would rate my Rally 1/10 since I converted it into a onroad car lol

slash 4x4, or stampede 4x4, the revo is not a bad truck it's just big and takes two batteries and the wear parts don't last as long...like the clutch, axles, bulkheads, 17mm adapters, diffs...
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I am gonna oppose every other post so far.

Pede 2wd or slash mt 2wd.

Its personal lol.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Totally personal of course. The best Traxxas truck is whichever does what you want it to do best.

For some that may be a Revo, for others a LaTrax...

RC Champion
    The Erevo is a great truck, but its so fragile, I got 15 mins on mine and another diff blew, the slash is the best traxxas makes but 1/10 sct gets boring super fast if you don't have a track

RC Enthusiast
    I would suggest either the slash 4x4 or the stampede 4x4. downfall of the stampede is the rollovers that can occur due to high center of gravity. i run my slash 4x4 pretty aggressive on the track and have no complaints besides suspension issues. just a suggestion though. if you settle for the slash 4x4, get the traxxas rally and complete a slash conversion on it. will save you a little money because its already the slash 4x4 minus the body mounts and bumpers. the lcg conversion is 50$ for the slash and takes a couple hours to complete. the rally already has the low center gravity chassis n all.

RC Racer
    I have a slash already but a bit bored due to the lack of wheeles and great handling. I think I am going with the stampede 4x4. Seems more durable than revo. Bit almost as fun. Probably handles not as good as the slash but oh well

My personal opinion. The best Traxxas vehicle is sadly the one they discontinued...The SRT. But for the current products...the 2wd Slash follow closely by the Rustler.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I am gonna oppose every other post so far.

Pede 2wd or slash mt 2wd.

Its personal lol.
    I gotta say, I have quite a few traxxas models. My favorite is definately my pede 2wd. Fast, durable, And fun! I built it from a roller with the intention of selling it. Once I put a brushless system in it, the deal was sealed.
    addicted much....

Its got to be the stampede 4x4 all the way because its tough only needs one lipo and the aftermarket parts are sick.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I gotta say the slash 4x4 outfitted as a MT. I Love my P4DE as well and it is a very hard call between the p4de and slash 4x4 MT. Seems to me the slash 4x4 is a bit more versatile. Then again look at URC's shape shifter build to see how many different setups you can make out of stampede 4x4. Now that I've had a little bit more time to drive my slash 4x4 it seems easier to control in the air and also in the dirt.

Pede backflips better. I don't see myself parting with either of mine. They are the best/most versatile/bang for your buck traxxas has to offer. IMO

Revo's are nice but a little out of my price range.

Next will be a summit for me.

As I have only owned a pede or slash 4x4 I may be a bit biased. I'm sure if I owned a revo or summit this comment would be entirely different
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 11-10-2013 at 04:10 PM.

RC Racer
    I would say

E-revo brushless edition
    Slash 4x4
    Summit 1/8 scale

RC Qualifier
    Imma branch off as well, hands down 2 best are

-1/8 MMM EREVO
    -1/10 rustler vxl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hands down most bulletproof best all around trucks!!!
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Champion
    Out of the three you mentioned the e-revo would be the best option hands down. I say that cause i have a big yard. Love those big toy's. I have all 3 big boy's. I run the road mostly with my e-revo. My hopped up e-maxx is my favorite traxxas rc hands down for off road. I know everyone loves the new e-revo (no brainier there), but i'm a little old fashion, and just love those dual shocks on each corner. My summit gets to crawl around the yard on my lazy days, and it also gets to go on fishing trips with me.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Summit is a brilliant machine. On lipos its my favorite basher. Hands down. Other than that, slash 4x4 is nice after a few mods.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Slash 4X4 MT from Track to Trail and every thing in between
    Slash 2wd Sand Rail
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC poster
    E-maxx not even mentioned? I was looking into it for my next truck but disappointed to not see it mentioned. Any reason y?

E-maxx not even mentioned? I was looking into it for my next truck but disappointed to not see it mentioned. Any reason y?
    It's kind of fragile from the box, but with upgrades it's tough as nails!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD22 View Post
    After some aluminum mods the e-maxx is by far my favorite. Yea i got a e-revo. I run my e-revo on road, and my maxx off road. It is just my preference. I'm not even one for speed, and i actually could have left my e-maxx stock, and still not have issues. A lot of it is in your finger, lol

p.s. I am no hard basher. Just a casual weekend runner.
    Last edited by ajcar; 11-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.