RC Competitor

How to unlock xo-1 esc???

Hi guys I'm going to buy the electronics from the xo-1 to install in a new revo build. I'm going to buy a system on ebay but it comes locked. He will charge to unlock it, but what does unlocking include. As in can I do it myself and save another $20. Thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggy9 View Post
    Hi guys I'm going to buy the electronics from the xo-1 to install in a new revo build. I'm going to buy a system on ebay but it comes locked. He will charge to unlock it, but what does unlocking include. As in can I do it myself and save another $20. Thanks
    You need a TQi radio and an itouch or iphone 3/4. Install Traxxas Link on the Itouch, register and unlock it from there. The system has to be powered up to the ESC and paired to a Rx.

RC Competitor
    Would it work if I unlocked it on my friends tqi radio (has docking base) and installed a different radio after the unlock. Like temporarily use his just to unlock it and then install my own radio.

RC Champion
    I believe that is supposed to work but not 100% sure. Maybe call Traxxas for a definite answer?

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Competitor
    Okay thanks bud I will give them a call. Thanks for your help

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggy9 View Post
    Would it work if I unlocked it on my friends tqi radio (has docking base) and installed a different radio after the unlock. Like temporarily use his just to unlock it and then install my own radio.
    Yes that will work. I unlocked mine, and then used a Futaba radio with it. You do require the Castle Link USB cord and the Castle Link software to connect the ESC to and disable Live Link on the ESC via a PC, then you are free to use what ever radio you wish.

RC Enthusiast
    If I do not have the Tqi that came with my Xo-1 ESC, can I just use any Tqi with a docking base and unlock the ESC?

I removed my ESC and never used it, the car and radio are long gone but I now want to use my xo-1 esc in another car - I need to unlock it though.

RC Racer
    You could try flashing it with non-Traxxas v1.46 firmware:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ed-Castle-ESCs

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Yes that will work. I unlocked mine, and then used a Futaba radio with it. You do require the Castle Link USB cord and the Castle Link software to connect the ESC to and disable Live Link on the ESC via a PC, then you are free to use what ever radio you wish.
    Sorry to necro post but this thread helped me HUGE...Especially this guy above that said disable Live Link . I couldn't figure out why I couldnt use a non Traxxas radio on my X-01 Mamba Monster 2. I had steering but no throttle on every radio I tried except the original X-01 Traxxas radio. SO all I did was connect the Castle Link and disable Live Link and save to the ESC then turn the new radio on and turn the esc on and set the end points for forward and reverse...Done! Thanks Viper Z! Hope all is well since 2014...lol.