RC Champion

Question seconed thoughts on 500k diff oil

hey guys still ever waiting for diff seals and shock oil......

well waiting for the stuff to come in. so i decided to open up the 500k diff oil bottle.to see and feal the charistics of the oil.and am surprised how you guys can fill up the diff cup with this stuff. unless you guys use a hair dryer.

so i put a hex driver into the bottle to get some out...upon sticking it in.i was emediatly surprised with the resistance of the oil. and how stringy it gets .and the fealing of this stuff..it's almost thick enought that its not sticky lol. and note dont smeer this on your finger tips ...it takes a little bit to get off.even with some good soap and hot water.

so guys with the 500k diff oil. im haveing seconed thoughts with it.but am inexperienced on how much diff resistance this oil has. i like the semi locked diff feal but not the almost locked feal and need help on how much resistance is put on the wheels.....will i still have ok turning?
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    I use the 500k. It does require the diffs to be locked to crawl but in the loose stuff it doesn't balloon one tire.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC poster
    I've been using 500k for months in my rear diff. I use thinner oil in the front. I did notice that after switching to the 500k I started busting the rear axles a little more often. I really like the thicker oil, seems like I have more traction. Turns good. Once you have the truck assembled the diff doesn't have too much resistance.
    Warming up the bottle is almost a must to fill the cup. Be careful to let out any excess oil when you screw in the four bolts. Only do three at first, the excess oil will come out the fourth hole.
    Give it a try

RC Champion
    okay guys thank you

just concernd with how thick the oil is.....just didnt want the truck to be locked up......then again 7+" tires...lol
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Competitor
    I use 500k in both front and rear, and I don't need to lock the differentials much to crawl on this stuff:

RC Racer
    It's not locked up. I check if the diffs are locked or unlocked by tilting the truck up sideways with my hand and pullin the trigger, and with 500k, it spins the wheel in the air and wants to roll forward lightly. I like it in my rear diff, and i'm gonna put it in my front diff when it goes out someday..
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM