RC Enthusiast

E-Maxx with a single 775 motor

I was debating weather to go this way or dewalt or brushless. Well it cost about 40 bucks in total because i bought a single motor plate and gear cover. It took me a couple of hours but man what a difference it made my maxx will pull a wheelie with out even thinking about it and hold it for about 10 feet. top speed is also better.

If you on the fence about what motor to use my vote is a 775 cheap and easy

RC Qualifier
    What gearing are you using. I have a e maxx with the titan 775 with spur 68 and pinion 20/21 and I can not do wheelies, but yes it is more fun than the titans 550. Have not tried the dewalt but seen som stuff on youtube and it looks good.

RC Enthusiast
    68/18. I have read and have others tell me that that cant go that low. I had to do some grinding on the transmission but not much. I was thinking about trying a 20t but I have heard some say it will run too hot and others say its ok so I think I will try it.
    also I have my clutch tightened all the way down

U running Lipos? Usualy top speed isnt better with the 775, but if u have high discharge batterys, that might explain it. just watch ur temps and all shoud b fine.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Enthusiast
    yeah 2s 25c 5700 mahs lipos top speed doesn't seem any faster the man everything else is better take off low end torque. in the grass it rips. as far as temps it got up to 175 but I figure when it is broke in it will go down also I don't have any holes in the body yet either

Thats a little warm, u might want to look at the Integy heat sink with double fan, plugs right into the receiver and will drop u 10 degrees or so, which is where u need to be. Ur a little in risk of shortening the life of ur motor at 170, remember that the inside of the motor is usually 10-15 degrees warmer than the can/outside of the motor.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Champion
    775's are awesome in an E-Maxx

Video's
    Monster Jam Freestyle

E-Maxx 3906 Monster Jam Freestyle

Last edited by SnoopMaxx; 10-12-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    Lovning it snoopmaxx, have you posten your build tread of the e maxx titan 775 in this forum or another one?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    Lovning it snoopmaxx, have you posten your build tread of the e maxx titan 775 in this forum or another one?
    Yeah it's here
    Upgrading-my-3906
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)