RC poster

What is the best diff/differential upgrade for the E-revo brushless?

I have an E-revo brushless and I have been constantly breaking my rear diff, what are the best ones out there that can take a beating? What diff isn't going to break on me?

there isn't one just yet, working on it.......

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5575346

you can shim & buy an alum housing & alum carrier tho..
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5342896

or do the LSTII mod...check craig.mitch316 thread..
    Last edited by 87 GN; 10-20-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Yeah the only solution currently is to do remove the stock traxxas diffs and replace them with LST diffs. However this require you to modify the bulkheads that the diffs sit in as well as creating some if the parts such as diff output shafts and centre drive shafts couplings. As 87 said - Mitch316's thread is the place to look for details in how to do this - I followed his guide and did the LST mod and haven't had a single diff issue since I did it!!

RC poster
    How long do you think it will be before those new bulkheads are made? Will they be up for purchase?

Has that Hot Racing housing worked well for you? How long has it lasted? I run 6s and I don't know if I could live without it, so I need something unbreakable...

What's the link to Mitch316's thread?

the one that says MITCH316 ERBE rebuild

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...6-ERBE-rebuild

How long do you think it will be before those new bulkheads are made? Will they be up for purchase?

That we are not discussing. In that thread there is a moderator warning to stop asking that Question.

Nothing is full proof in this hobby sometimes we get buy with what we have. Sometimes anything is better.

RC poster
    Okay thanks 87 GN I appreciate it! Do you have a preferred website where you get these diffs?

RC Racer
    Is it just me or do someone else find it strange that Traxxas do not want there users to get solutions to things like diff problems? I know LST diffs are from a diff brand, but Traxxas do not offer a solution so guess it would be better having customers using non Traxxas parts than having them change brand?

I get most of my parts off Ebay. I don't have a LHS any where close buy, (hour away) then they may not have what I need....

RC Qualifier
    Wanted to share some general guidance on how I have kept the diffs alive in my trucks for some time.. Have multiple e-revos, my Summit runs 4S lipos geared for about 40mph, my 6S revo is geared for 60mph or so.. All have a lot of torque but I do dial down the amount of startup torque available using the Castle Link, run my slip with about 1/4 turn off and it has made a huge difference.

I have an extra set of the LST2 diffs modded but haven't put them in for a year since my 6S e-revo has held with stock, shimmed diffs. It's not the best example but I can still do a backflip if I like so it can jump if it needs to..

RC poster
    Thanks padrino, what size shims do you use?

Are these the right diffs to buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350896442474

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alum-Diff-Ca...item3cd540800d

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure those diffs use the heavy duty diff cup. Looks like the place where I bought them from are out, but you need the one with the round diff cups, the heavy duty ones.

RC poster
    I guess I'll have to wait until they get back in stock then!

RC Qualifier
    Yep you have a seller on Ebay, Jenni RC sports if I recall correctly, that parts out vehicles, including the Losi LST. Those are the differentials you want.

RC Qualifier
    Nope, looks like the normal version. This is what you need for the heavy duty version:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ferential-Case

RC poster
    That's only the case though?

RC Enthusiast
    I know this is 4 years old but did they ever make a heavy duty diff? I'm looking to upgrade mine but can't really seem to find anything unless you want to do the mod.

RC Racer
    I did the losi mod recently and now I actually use the truck again. Hot racing came out with a diff housing that uses a bigger pinion bearing. For me the pinion bearings failed almost every time killing the rear diff. Might be worth trying the new housing first

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    I did the losi mod recently and now I actually use the truck again. Hot racing came out with a diff housing that uses a bigger pinion bearing. For me the pinion bearings failed almost every time killing the rear diff. Might be worth trying the new housing first
    Thank you. I'll look into that. I recently got an xmaxx and that has consumed all of my free time lol

RC Enthusiast
    This link don't open. Is it just me?

Leading Edge Machining has a very good quality upgrade for E-Revo diffs, and you won't have to do no b.s. Losi mod.

https://store.leadingedgemachining.n...e/default.aspx