RC Racer

Commonly broken parts?

I have had my slash for about a month now, and have only broken one very insignificant part after a major crash. So far I've only run it with the stock NiMH battery, mostly on road and sometimes in dirt. I have heard that the driveshaft will not last too long before I need an upgrade and the same goes for the stock a arms and other plastic parts and bearings. Which parts tend to need to be replaced because or normal wear and tear?

RC poster
    I've had my slash for a couple of months as well. Managed so far not to break anything too serious. Had to replace the stock body mounts with RPMs due to the number of times I've rolled the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RC Champion
    I have an ultimate so I havent broken any parts really. And have had it for a few years. Just stripped gears is all ive ever done. But I would say if yours is not an ultimate then get all of the aluminum parts for your truck that are on the ultimate. They make it much stronger.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Enthusiast
    Axles, wheel bearings, a-arms, possibly shock shafts, bulkheads if you start getting crazy with 3 cell lipo

On my standard Slash I have replaced everything except the rear differential housings. On my Ultimate Edition I have only broken one a arm. I replaced it with a set from RPM. I always keep spare bearings because they do go out.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!