Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2

    Question Tekno M6 driveshaft with aluminum axle carriers

    Hello all,

    I just bought the following hopups for my one jaar old pede as i thought i was about time it got some love .

    - Tekno slash 4wd M6 driveshaft kit front TRK6851X
    - Tekno slash 4wd M6 driveshaft kit rear TKR6852x
    - Golden Horizons slash / stampede 4x4 steering block. Art.GHH05211 (others where not available...)
    - Traxxas Slash/ Stampede 4x4 C hubs TRX6832
    - Traxxas Slash/ Stampede 4x4 Rear axle carriers TRX1952X
    - and some other stuff but irrelevant for this topic

    Now i tried to build the techno driveshafts with the aluminium carriers, but it turns out they require ball bearings in a size that i cannot get anywhere :S. Also the space available in the rear carriers is just to small for two ball bearings....

    Has anyone done this combo before? And is there any way i can make this work?

    Many thanks in advance!
    Regards,
    Vincent

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Easton, MD
    Posts
    680
    I used xo-1 aluminum carriers up front, as they are the same size as the teknos. I used the stock tekno carriers in the rear. They are plenty strong enough and use a much larger inner bearing.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    I will lookup those xo-1 carriers thanks! It will be a shame for the rear, but i guess i cannot use these aluminum one's i got right now

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,264
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnepin View Post
    I will lookup those xo-1 carriers thanks! It will be a shame for the rear, but i guess i cannot use these aluminum one's i got right now
    sell the rear aluminum carriers and use the tekno ones, the tekno carriers are very tough anyway

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    719
    I maybe wrong (eaten my words before), but pretty sure on this one because I will have the same problem when I replace the front drive shafts. The steering blocks you orders wont work with the tekno front drive shafts. Well they will, you just need another outer bearing. The only part you will need is two (one for each side) 6x11x4 bearings HPI102599. That will allow the 6mm shaft to fit thru while still using a 11mm diameter bearing.

    Or sell those and use the ones from tekno (which are probably really good anyways) or If you want the aluminum bling get the steering blocks for the XO-1
    The message above or below may or may not be true

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier Panther6834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    709
    Will the Tekno TRK6851X & TRK6852X work with the Pro-Line ProTrac Suspension Kit?

    I know that the MIP X-Duty CVD kit works with the ProTrac kit, but I like the 6mm Tekno design better...that, plus all the recently-reported problems with the MIP driveshafts. There's always the XO-1 driveshaft option, but I still haven't found out if that work with the ProTrac kit.

    ~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Will the Tekno TRK6851X & TRK6852X work with the Pro-Line ProTrac Suspension Kit?

    I know that the MIP X-Duty CVD kit works with the ProTrac kit, but I like the 6mm Tekno design better...that, plus all the recently-reported problems with the MIP driveshafts. There's always the XO-1 driveshaft option, but I still haven't found out if that work with the ProTrac kit.

    ~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    If the protrac kit is longer, I’d say no. I have that setup on stock height. It’s perfect, but wouldn’t work with wider arms.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier Panther6834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    If the protrac kit is longer, I’d say no. I have that setup on stock height. It’s perfect, but wouldn’t work with wider arms.
    So.....I guess it back to between the MIP & XO-1 driveshafts.

    ~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •