Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 1257
    I used to ride my bike a lot but it got replaced by rc cars and video games.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Champion
    I ride my bike way too much in the summer. I have a Raleigh Misceo 1.0, take it everywhere around town and out of town. Furthest ride was around 40 miles.

Dan

RC Qualifier
    You know what I haven't seen in a while? My bike! I've been too Busy and it's been a little cold for me to ride, that I haven't even though of ridding my bike. It's probably time I make room again and bring my bike in for the winter and start preparing for track season.

Hopefully next summer/season will be a much higher mileage year for me.
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    There is never enough time to ride, period. I've been in a rut for a few weeks, too much work and family things happening lately and I'm going crazy. At this point dont care if I ride road or mountain, just want to turn the cranks is all.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    There is never enough time to ride, period. I've been in a rut for a few weeks, too much work and family things happening lately and I'm going crazy. At this point dont care if I ride road or mountain, just want to turn the cranks is all.
    That's another time when having a trainer is nice. If you've only got a half of an hour to an hour, just hop on and spin for a while. Trainers are incredibly boring, but they're better than nothing. You can get in a great workout, relieve some stress, and maintain your cycling fitness. I put on some good music and one of my training ride videos (on-board cycling video with a narrator giving you cues to change resistance and cadence to simulate a ride) and go to town. Is it the same as riding outside? No, but I'd rather do that than not ride at all.

Since the weather hasn't been very favorable lately, my wife has been riding the trainer a fair bit (a couple of times a week). She doesn't necessarily like riding that way, but she's looking forward to not losing all of the progress she made over the spring, summer, and fall. She has trouble with exercising in the cold, so the trainer is her only option some days.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in a while, i haven't ridden in a couple months, been pretty busy lately but hopefully i can get out and ride tonight. i am also thinking about getting a nice mountain bike.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

well i went for a short ride (about a mile and a half) didn't want to stay out to long because it was getting dark. im going to try and get back into riding but i need to get back into riding shape so that will be fun. as far as mountain bikes does anyone know what time of the year i will get the best deal on one?

RC Qualifier
    Your best bet might be now, end of Black Friday sales, headed into Christmas sales, look around to see what is best! I'm sure you'll find a good Mtn bike a decent deal.
    God is good.

RC Champion
    Check craigslist for bikes. I got my bike basically brand new for 1200 dollars below what the bike store was selling it for.

RC Qualifier
    Are you talking buying new or used. If your looking to buy new, now is a great time to buy for sure. You can pick up a new 2014 model for close out specials. Check out your lbs and check out whats there. Make sure to get something that will fit you. Dont buy the bike just because it was a great deal, but not the correct size. The correct size makes a big difference. If your going to a good lbs they will point you in the right direction. What kind of bike you looking at buying?

RC Qualifier
    Any one read and biking magazines? I have two subscriptions that I reading, mountain bike action and road bike action. Love reading the stories about riding destinations. I end up marking the ones that spark my interest with a sticky note and in hopes of traveling there one day. My wife calls it junk and wants to throw it away. Cant bring myself to do it, it would be like throwing her old books away I tell her. She keeps telling me I should go digital, I'm old school and like the copy in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    Check craigslist for bikes. I got my bike basically brand new for 1200 dollars below what the bike store was selling it for.
    I'm probably gonna go with new just because you never know if a used bike was ever stolen or not unless you know the person you are buying it from.
    Are you talking buying new or used. If your looking to buy new, now is a great time to buy for sure. You can pick up a new 2014 model for close out specials. Check out your lbs and check out whats there. Make sure to get something that will fit you. Dont buy the bike just because it was a great deal, but not the correct size. The correct size makes a big difference. If your going to a good lbs they will point you in the right direction. What kind of bike you looking at buying?
    I just want a nice bike to explore the dirt roads near my house ( I live in rio rancho and these roads seem to never end) I would prefer a mountain bike but would settle for a hybrid. I would also like it to be a diamondback, gt or specialized. I will see if I can swing by the bike shop this Friday and see what they have for sale. This bike shop also includes free service for life with the purchase of a new bike.

RC poster
    Hi I just joined and this is my first post, I just can't resist the question because I am recently hooked into biking. I decided to bike to exercise and to help me get fit. I have done 20 km biking trip and looking forward to more biking trip with my family.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    I just want a nice bike to explore the dirt roads near my house ( I live in rio rancho and these roads seem to never end) I would prefer a mountain bike but would settle for a hybrid.
    If you're not riding MTB trails/single tracks, I'd probably opt for the hybrid (or maybe even a cross bike). Also, get a bike with plenty of room for larger tires and fenders (keeps the mud off if the roads are wet).

RC Qualifier
    Welcome aboard catharine bone. Its a great sport to get into for many reasons, exercise, good times with family and friends, and just a great way to recharge your batteries. I'll ride by myself, buts its always better when my riding buddies come along. The kids like to get out on the parkway trails or even just ride around the neighborhood with me. My boy is counting down till he can start riding mountain and road biking with me. Every time I get one of my bikes on the back of the car he asks every time if he is big enough yet.

RC Qualifier
    Another rider here, but new to RC (4 months). Longest ride is 208 miles - the LOTOJA - Logan, Utah to Jackson, Wyoming. Down to two bikes: Lynskey Ti road bike (family that founded Litespeed) and a Bontrager Ti Lite mountain bike (yes, I like titanium frames ). RCs have cut a bit into my riding time, but a great way to spend time with my son.

RC poster
    Welcome aboard catharine bone. Its a great sport to get into for many reasons, exercise, good times with family and friends, and just a great way to recharge your batteries. I'll ride by myself, buts its always better when my riding buddies come along. The kids like to get out on the parkway trails or even just ride around the neighborhood with me. My boy is counting down till he can start riding mountain and road biking with me. Every time I get one of my bikes on the back of the car he asks every time if he is big enough yet.
    Thanks for welcoming me here sir, just like you my little boy is also excited to ride with me. I bought him a little bike to practice with and sometimes I ride with him in the park using my BMX

RC Qualifier
    Im a bit excited when the little guy can join in on some of my rides. One day I would not mind adding a litespeed to my list of bikes to have. Im thinking the next mountain bike im looking at is a superfly, mach or a spark, at least thats the thought for now.

RC Qualifier
    Im a bit excited when the little guy can join in on some of my rides. One day I would not mind adding a litespeed to my list of bikes to have. Im thinking the next mountain bike im looking at is a superfly, mach or a spark, at least thats the thought for now.
    If you want a real "Litespeed", highly recommend you look at Lynskey. It's a family run business who started Litespeed, left the business for a while and then came back under the family name. Still made in Tennessee and great prices for the product.

Traxxas Marshal
    My all-weather bike got some TLC yesterday--it needed it! There was mud caked on it everywhere, the chain was due for replacement, the rear derailleur needed maintenance, etc. I was also going to replace the BB, but I changed my mind after I pulled it for inspection and determined that it wasn't time yet. I finished the bike off with a fresh wax job and called it good. It should ride pretty well when I take it out for a ride later today with my wife!

Traxxas Marshal
    So how has everyone else been doing? The weather here hasn't been too bad lately (temperature wise), considering that it's December. Last Monday I was out riding without my jacket--though it was a little chilly at 49 degrees--and a week later the ride started off with sleet for the first half and steady rain for the second half with temperatures in the mid 30s. The extended forecast is all over the place, but it does look like things might start cooling down even more soon.

As far as mileage goes, I have pedaled more than 3,000 miles this year as of yesterday. I've ridden more than I thought I would, mostly due to the fact that November and December have actually been pretty good mileage wise. November and December are typically my lowest mileage months, but not this year. I'm quite a ways behind where I was last year at this time, but that's because I've been running (over 600 miles so far this year, I believe). That said, it is nice to be able to alternate between running and biking, so I won't complain. The change of pace definitely helps keep me motivated to get outside, even when the weather is less than ideal!

Hope everyone else is doing well and getting some saddle time in!

The Holidays and life in general has slowed my riding a little this month, I am right at the 2700 miles mark so far this year. Weather has not been favorable or to my liking (yes I know what us So Call people call bad weather is not bad at all to many of you) I just dont enjoy riding as much when it is cold out. I kind of think it is something many of you will understand more as you get older Still getting out at least 5 days a week tho.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping to get out this sunday but was and still ill super sick with bronchitis so I having no energy no get out and ride. But im sure missing the bike, either one. Hoping to get out on the saddle next week. But for you that are riding, happy riding.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I just dont enjoy riding as much when it is cold out.
    I understand where you're coming from; that's typically why my November and December mileage are usually much lower than average. When there's less daylight and more gray, cloudy skies, finding the motivation to get outside is more difficult--especially when it's cold. Like I tell my wife (who has continued running and biking after October for the first time, even in below-freezing temps): the worst part is stepping out the door knowing you're going to freeze your butt off until you get warmed up. I'm almost always very miserable before I get warmed up. Once I'm warmed up, though, I'm happy as can be and glad to be out.

I try to ride everyday for my lunch hour. Try to get atleast 10 miles in under 40 minutes.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    I try to ride everyday for my lunch hour. Try to get atleast 10 miles in under 40 minutes.
    I bet that's a nice way to break up the day!

And before I forget again, how did that rainy weather impact things in your area Dadx2mj? Or did all of that rain/flooding/mudslide stuff miss you? I'm not too familiar with California. I saw quite a bit of press related to the rain and wondered if it hit your area.

RC Qualifier
    The weather has been pretty nice lately, for December that it. Today I think it reached 54 degrees out! I would have gone for a little ride if it wasn't due to the fact that I had to do all of my Christmas shopping. If the weather stays this way, I want to do some ridding over break from school. That'd be nice!
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    One of the gifts I got today was an Amazon gift card. After a while of searching, I decided to buy a cycling jacket. It's black in color, long sleeved, light weight and has some reflectiveness to it. For $16.33 shipped I decided to go for it. With the left over money, I bought some cycling gloves as well, we'll see how each fits. I went a size up on the jacket and went for a large sized glove, seeing how my hand is inbetween a medium and a large lol. Both are suppose to arrive late January/early February but I'm in no hurry to get them.

What did you guys get cycling related? Or get for yourself..
    God is good.

RC Champion
    I got renthal fat bars and a shock pump.

And before I forget again, how did that rainy weather impact things in your area Dadx2mj? Or did all of that rain/flooding/mudslide stuff miss you?
    My area got a good amount of rain and the trail I ride had some broken tree branches and a down tree or two but nothing too major. I missed two days of riding but the days after were really nice riding days.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Traxxas Marshal
    Due to holiday travel and such, I wasn't able to get any more rides in last week. I was planning on riding Monday, but I didn't feel well (I was fighting a bug); I ended up going for an short, easy run (3.25 miles) with my wife that night. I didn't ride yesterday either due to the low temperature and relatively high winds (wind chill was terrible!), but I did get out for an 8 mile run. Running in the cold and snow is so much easier than biking is, at least in my opinion. That said, it looks like my 2014 mileage will stand at a bit over 3,000. I could ride today, but my wife and are are probably going to run instead since it's shaping up to be another cold, blustery day.

Stay warm everyone, and happy New Years!

New Years morning and it is 39, to us here in SoCal that is Arctic temperature. Despite the cold it was a beautiful sunny morning and I got in 12 miles in before breakfast. Recent storm did some damage tot he trail. It blew over a huge tree and the roots ran under the path, when the tree fell the roots ripped up the pavement.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    So my jacket came in today,which was a lot sooner than expected! The size on it says Large, but it barely fits me and I'm 135 lbs, but since I'm a fairly small guy, it should last a while, hopefully.. It's really thin material, which I kinda like. It's got elastic on the bottom, neck and the wrist which keeps it tight, kinda like under armour but not that tight. It's got 2 side pockets which zips, breathable mesh on the back for some heat to get out. And then there's some reflective lines on the back to be seen by other cars. I'd give it an 7.5/10 due to the fact that its almost too small, it's definitely China made, and it's a super super thin material, wich might rip/tear easy. Other than that I like it. I'll see how it works out when I get back to biking!!
    God is good.

Traxxas Marshal
    What jacket did you end up getting, ithrowstones? Cycling clothing can tend to run "small" by some peoples' definition, but a large being that small on a 135lb person seems odd. How tall are you?

I ended up getting in my first ride of the year today. Temps were hovering around freezing and it was a little breezy.

RC Qualifier
    Wolfbike is the brand, hyperlinked to Amazon.. I'm roughly 5'7-5'8. I know cycling clothes are suppose to be a tight fit, but this large shouldn't be the size it is. I'm guessing China's sizing is a bit different than US.. Although when I selected my size, they had sizing charts and I went up just to be safe..glad I did.
    I just found a pocket that's on the back of the jacket, making a total of 3 zipped pockets now lol..I got black btw
    God is good.

I have a mtb jacket from Raceface that I like pretty well. I wear it as a casual jacket and on the bike in colder weather.

For Christmas, I received some TLD gloves, a Raceface saddle, and a 1UP USA bike rack for my car. The rack is sweet! IMO the best tray style rack out there.

It has been far too rainy here in East Tennessee to get much riding in lately. I have been forced to take up some running again after work! haha

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I'm roughly 5'7-5'8. I know cycling clothes are suppose to be a tight fit, but this large shouldn't be the size it is.
    The fit depends on the cut/intended purpose. For example, MTB and relaxed/casual fit jackets a will be baggier than a road jacket would be. Another thing to consider with jackets is that you typically want to order them a little large so that you have room underneath for proper layering. If the jacket is too tight to begin with, you'll have a hard time getting extra layers under it.

Your BMI is higher than mine (I'm a several inches taller and weigh a little more), but we're probably built fairly similarly. I typically wear a small when it comes to cycling/athletic clothes. My leg warmers, though, are mediums so that they're long enough. I believe that my Gore cycling jacket is a small, but it's not a "race" fit, so there's plenty of room for layering on cold days.

I got black btw
    I usually go with brighter colors since it's often darker/grayer outside when I'm using my jacket. I used to ride with a black jacket, but then I started noticing how much they blend in with the surroundings when I'd see others out riding.

If you get another jacket down the road, I'd highly suggest looking at Gore. While they can be a bit expensive you can find excellent deals on closeout models (last year's). I think I ended up getting mine for something like 70% off! If you do any riding in cooler weather, a good, wind blocking jacket is essential to dressing properly and staying comfortable.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't ridden in cold weather, but I'm hoping in about 2 months at most I can get back on. Then temps will be jacket weather. The jacket is big enough to wear I could wear layers underneath. This jacket is wind-blocker material.

I took a slight look at Gore, and those are nice looking jackets, they're a little out of my price range. At most I might pay $60 for a decent cycling clothes.

I usually ride during the afternoons, visibility is nice and bright. Also where I ride, it's flat open country roads so I stick out pretty good.
    God is good.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I haven't ridden in cold weather, but I'm hoping in about 2 months at most I can get back on. Then temps will be jacket weather. The jacket is big enough to wear I could wear layers underneath. This jacket is wind-blocker material.
    I wear the same lightweight jacket regardless of the temperature once the mercury drops below 50; all I change is what I'm wearing underneath.

I took a slight look at Gore, and those are nice looking jackets, they're a little out of my price range. At most I might pay $60 for a decent cycling clothes.
    I'm pretty sure I picked mine up for under that price point. I bought mine during a last year's closeout sale, so I got a substantial discount (around 70% off, if I recall correctly). You just have to be patient for the right deals to come along.

Also where I ride, it's flat open country roads so I stick out pretty good.
    Oftentimes, those can be some of the most dangerous roads to ride on. Drivers tend to zone out on those long, country roads. They'll think "there's no one around so I'll just check that new text message." Many of the cycling injuries/fatalities in my area occur on country roads.

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure eBay has Gore clothing for less.. I just went to their website. I'll keep looking around to see what I can find. This clothing will also be very suitable for my running as well.

I haven't had,yet, any close calls on the country roads around here.
    The closet thing I've had was in a small town, and that's due to the driver not having the turn signal on.
    God is good.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast