Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Latrax vehicle!!!

Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Woohoo now we have another bird to fly.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Wow! At least this one isn't tiny! I might get one for Christmas!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    So its like a bigger QR-1?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I like this size... its right in between a small and medium sized quad. Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    So its like a bigger QR-1?
    negative the motors are not direct drive. flys great.....
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    negative the motors are not direct drive. flys great.....
    From watching the videos on the LaTrax site there are a lot of differences in the radio as well.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Seen this vid on the Alias doing Quintuplet flips!!! CRAZY VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLkLhwfMhTA

Will be purchasing! still have my QR-1 in good condition with 6 batteries. maybe this one will spark my interest back into the flying rc game. its a nice size too!
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 11-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Will be purchasing! still have my QR-1 in good condition with 6 batteries. maybe this one will spark my interest back into the flying rc game. im hoping that its bigger too!
    its much bigger.....

qr-1 on top of the alias

RC Qualifier
    Bummer lhs just told me that they are on backorder till mid Nov. But still orederd a Green one. Def can't wait to check it out! The size was a big selling point for sure, just over a 14" footprint when the blades or spinning....
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    wow that looks cool! i'd probably get one if i had the funds
    "That don't make NO sense!"

Very nice looking quad. Looks very promising. Well done, LaTrax.
    Nobody is born with experience

Nope, they are not on backorder. They are already shipping and should start showing up in hobby shops this week.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTanker View Post
    Nope, they are not on backorder. They are already shipping and should start showing up in hobby shops this week.
    cool! i'll wait til the chop shops on ebay post them. my lhs prices are ridiculous!

Good! Any news on the Rally?
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Yes, The LaTrax Rally is shipping too. It should show up in the hobby shops shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    cool! i'll wait til the chop shops on ebay post them. my lhs prices are ridiculous!
    What is your LHS charging?

Traxxas Employee
    YEAH!!!! LET'S GET THIS ALIAS GOING MAN!!!!! This quad is going to be sweet man! Has everyone watched the videos already? They're sick!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post
    What is your LHS charging?
    well i havent seen prices for the Alias yet. from experice shopping at my lhs, their prices are high. for example, they charge $40 for a 2075 servo when you can get one on ebay for $20.

getting back on topic...cant wait to get the Alias!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Those youtube videos just convinced me I want one of these. Those flips and rolls are amazing. I think the cheat buttons are cool for people who dont want to develop mad skills. But id prefer to learn in expert mode to do them myself.

Pretty awesome capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Those youtube videos just convinced me I want one of these. Those flips and rolls are amazing. I think the cheat buttons are cool for people who dont want to develop mad skills. But id prefer to learn in expert mode to do them myself.

Pretty awesome capabilities.
    As shown in the videos, I'm sure you saw it, there is a recovery button that comes in very handy while you are, as you say it, "develop mad skills.” If you get in a tight spot, simply press and hold the button and the quad will return to a controlled level flight. Release the button and you are right back to honing your skills. Takes some of the fear out of learning difficult maneuvers in Expert mode.

Once you get comfortable in Expert mode, you can perform flips even faster than the programmed flips in fast mode. The quad is very capable and will keep even expert pilots on their toes.

I don't know...

This quad looks cool and durable, and seems like it would be a lot of fun; the price isn't bad either. But, I have a hard time getting around the name "LaTrax", sounds goofy. If I got one I would have to rebadge it to "Traxxas".
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Does the "Find a Dealer" function work? (I couldn't get it to do anything)

RC poster
    What is the diameter of the shaft that drives the props? I am curious to know if special proprietary props are required.

RC Qualifier
    Uh oh, I just may have to order one... It sure looks fun, I like the re-stability feature. Oh, its bigger than my hand too!
    PM for info.....

I tested the dealer locator with several tests zips codes this morning and it worked correctly. If you still have issues getting it to work, call 888-TRAXXAS. They can reffer you to dealer in your area.
    Last edited by ArmyTanker; 11-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EArHog View Post
    What is the diameter of the shaft that drives the props? I am curious to know if special proprietary props are required.
    We highly recommend that you use the LaTrax Alias propellers at all times. The propellers were developed specifically for the platform. They have a perfect balance of performance and efficiency. If you use other propellers, you WILL see diminished performance, shorter flight times, more stress on the power system, ect.... We include a set of new propellers in the box and at $2.00 a pair, you can't go wrong. They are cheaper than others on the market and you know they were designed for the vehicle.

Fly one first. You won't have a reason to change anything

Might have to give this one a try. Would be nice to attach a camera to it and get some stunning shots. Based on the available information do y'all think it would be able to hold a camera?

RC Champion
    Oh man, I'm going to have to make a trip to the bank. Gotta have one of these.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC poster
    Where is the tips and tricks manual that was mentioned in the reg manual

Quote Originally Posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
    Where is the tips and tricks manual that was mentioned in the reg manual
    Try looking HERE.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Might have to give this one a try. Would be nice to attach a camera to it and get some stunning shots. Based on the available information do y'all think it would be able to hold a camera?
    you can almost definitely carry a keychain camera, I have a similar sized quad that carries a keychain camera no problem. The $12 camera has reasonable clarity when flying slow and steady, go hard and fast and most everything is a blur. There are the $50 720p versions, which have better quality. I am speaking from impression but I think the traxxas quad is likely to have more lifting power than the quad I am comparing to, the traxxas quad looks a lot more agile than really any other quad its size.
    I like turtles.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post
    We highly recommend that you use the LaTrax Alias propellers at all times. The propellers were developed specifically for the platform. They have a perfect balance of performance and efficiency. If you use other propellers, you WILL see diminished performance, shorter flight times, more stress on the power system, ect.... We include a set of new propellers in the box and at $2.00 a pair, you can't go wrong. They are cheaper than others on the market and you know they were designed for the vehicle.

Fly one first. You won't have a reason to change anything
    Thanks. I'll do that. It's just that I'm drowning in V212 props, and I was hoping to find a way to "consume" them. I appreciate your reply. Now to find out if there's a dealer in the area.

RC poster
    I wish I knew how to delete a post.
    Last edited by EArHog; 11-06-2013 at 11:33 PM.

RC poster
    I tested the dealer locator with several tests zips codes this morning and it worked correctly. If you still have issues getting it to work, call 888-TRAXXAS. They can reffer you to dealer in your area.
    Yes indeed, it's working just fine now. You fixed it!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    How long are flight times with the included battery?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I get about 10 minutes of flight time. Maybe a little more. Haven't really timed it yet.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They're posted on ebay now for $149 shipped! MTH-Hobby. Cant post a link right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    I get about 10 minutes of flight time. Maybe a little more. Haven't really timed it yet.
    You will get between 10 and 15 minutes typically. That covers a rather large range of flying capabilities. There are a few of us that can really work the quad over and drain the battery in 8-10 minutes, but that is full out hard as you can fly it the entire time. Pretty hard to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast