Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THIS IS STUPID.....

Ok, I lied - I was trying to be a hater....didnt work. I am really excited about this. I own a smaller quad and it flies great, inside...and the price point on this one is spot on! There are others on the market a little higher, but i dont need a camera, a lift basket, a water canon, a bubble maker - you get the point.

I hope to get my hands on one for Christmas! I'm spending all my money in the "Scaler world" right now, so I'll have to wait for Santa to bring me one.

I am a little curious about the indirect drive blades. Not sure how that is going to equate to gear damage and repair. Other than that, this thing looks COOL COOL!

Out of curiosity, why did Traxxas decide to release it under the "La Trax" line?
    "RED"

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    THIS IS STUPID.....

Ok, I lied - I was trying to be a hater....didnt work. I am really excited about this. I own a smaller quad and it flies great, inside...and the price point on this one is spot on! There are others on the market a little higher, but i dont need a camera, a lift basket, a water canon, a bubble maker - you get the point.

I hope to get my hands on one for Christmas! I'm spending all my money in the "Scaler world" right now, so I'll have to wait for Santa to bring me one.

I am a little curious about the indirect drive blades. Not sure how that is going to equate to gear damage and repair. Other than that, this thing looks COOL COOL!

Out of curiosity, why did Traxxas decide to release it under the "La Trax" line?

I havent stripped a gear and have been hitting stuff in the building for about a month....not to say that you will not strip one, but when there is a hit to that area, it doesent seem to affect anything

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    THIS IS STUPID.....

Ok, I lied - I was trying to be a hater....didn’t work. I am really excited about this. I own a smaller quad and it flies great, inside...and the price point on this one is spot on! There are others on the market a little higher, but I don’t need a camera, a lift basket, a water cannon, a bubble maker - you get the point.

Out of curiosity, why did Traxxas decide to release it under the "LaTrax" line?
    The control system on the Alias is intelligent enough to notice when a propeller blade is stalled. When it sees this condition, it instantly cuts power to the motors and flashed the leg lights rapidly to indicate to the user that they are in a bad spot. Simply move the Alias to a clear area, re-arm, and fly away. The gearing will not be damaged thanks to the advanced programming.

See the LaTrax website for some details about the LaTrax brand. One thing that customers will notice is that all products are 200.00 or less!!! You will still get products designed, built, and powered with the same high quality that Traxxas is known for, but you know that the price tag will be less than 200.00. Alias falls right into that category with unmatched power, durability, visibility, and features for only 149.99. You simply can't beat it.

RC Qualifier
    Is there a larger capacity battery to give a longer flight time? Also I would love the motors to be brushless but since this is my fist Quad gonna see what it's like! I have regular helis.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Competitor
    Wanted to see how the white blades would look...also added the orange canopy with blue pipes...

RC Competitor
    As inexpensive as the batteries are, and at their 15 min run times, you would do better to just get extra batteries than to pick up a larger capacity (and heavier) batt....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yea i just ordered mine but couldnt find another single battery(6637) to order for it on ebay. I know when I first got my QR-1 I was mad about the batteries run time(240mah) so I purchased 3 more making it 5. I noticed that the Alias battery pack has 650mah so I may just have 2 batteries for it. cant wait!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    What are the battery dimensions?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    After reading your comments I got a second battery from Buy Trxxas for $12.00... Now I cant wait to get my whole package!
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC poster
    Halo,
    As i wanna install a camera, i would like to know how far it can fly? What do you think how high it will fly?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Auge View Post
    Halo,
    As i wanna install a camera, i would like to know how far it can fly? What do you think how high it will fly?

thanks
    i'll try to get a video with my camera attached.....it will fly pretty high.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Here are some stills from a few flights I did. Videos are too large. It's get's up there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-8-2013 2-57-47 PM.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	1344

Name:	11-8-2013 2-58-21 PM.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	1345

RC Champion
    Wow that's pretty high.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    Wow that's pretty high.
    It had more range, but I would need binoculars if it got much higher.

It was also really easy to see the green canopy and white blades even that high. Never lost orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post

Name:	11-8-2013 2-57-47 PM.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	1344
    I can see my house!
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC poster
    What size are the motors? 8.5 x 20?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Meal View Post
    As inexpensive as the batteries are, and at their 15 min run times, you would do better to just get extra batteries than to pick up a larger capacity (and heavier) batt....
    I can't recall ever seeing a 650 mAh 1S battery that cost $12. I'll buy two extras, but it'll be a while before I think $12 each is inexpensive for a battery that size.

While we're looking at value, does Traxxas really get $25 for shipping?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post
    Here are some stills from a few flights I did. Videos are too large. It's get's up there

Name:	11-8-2013 2-58-21 PM.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	1345
    I like the dive bomber shot.

Wow that goes really high! Hmmm go brushless with the e maxx or buy one of these lol

RC Qualifier
    I am really interested in an alias but have never owned or flown an RC copter or quad. How "easy" is this for total noobs? I don't want a 150 dollar paper weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by tjtoed View Post
    I am really interested in an alias but have never owned or flown an RC copter or quad. How "easy" is this for total noobs? I don't want a 150 dollar paper weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The Alias will probably be one of the easiest ways to get you started in RC aircraft. It's size will make it easy to keep your orientation and all the different flight modes will make it easy to control how aggressive or mild the flight characteristics are. This will make it easy to learn to fly and give you room to grow as you get more comfortable flying it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Wow this quad looks sweet! I will probably get one for Christmas! How much weight can this pull! I see that it can hold a camera. I want to put a camera on it.... What is a good camera that is small enough?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradens Traxxas View Post
    Wow this quad looks sweet! I will probably get one for Christmas! How much weight can this pull! I see that it can hold a camera. I want to put a camera on it.... What is a good camera that is small enough?
    get an 808 keychain camera.
    I like turtles.

RC poster
    I just ordered mine tonight! Can't wait to get it.

RC Racer
    I guess I'll be getting an 808 camera along with this quad......
    TRXse7en- Is that what you used? Also see if you can upload the videos to youtube. I would really really love to see one.......
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    How much will we need to pay for Lifetime Electronics Warranty service? I do not see any Alias items on the list; http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...130311_ENG.pdf
    Last edited by papaweely; 11-10-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Pede_4X4Pede_Rusty_1/10SlashVXL_1/16SummitVXL

RC Racer
    How high can it go with out losing signal?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

I guess I'll be getting an 808 camera along with this quad......
    TRXse7en- Is that what you used? Also see if you can upload the videos to youtube. I would really really love to see one.......
    To be completely honest, I have no idea what camera I used. I have had it for a long time for my airplanes. I got it as a gift from my wife a few years back. It's a common China camera with a wide angle lens.

I'll see if I can get the videos up some time. I'll let you know.

How high can it go without losing signal?
    Unfortunately, I don't have a way of getting an accurate height, but in the pictures you saw, the quad was smaller than a speck from the ground and had more range If it wasn’t for the superior flight stabilization and rock solid stability, I never would have got it back. In the video you can hear it at full throttle going up until I decided to bring it back down into our atmosphere. It never lost range. It could easily get out of sight and still go some more.

RC Enthusiast
    Just placed an order for 2 on Tower, one orange and one green plus 2 extra batteries under $300 with the coupon. Unfortunately everything is back ordered so please send them some stock

RC Racer
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    How high can it go with out losing signal?
    From what I've heard, you will lose sight of it before it loses signal.

RC Racer
    Ok that's good to know..... In the case that it does loose signal will it keep flying higher or will it just turn off?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

Ok that's good to know..... In the case that it does loose signal will it keep flying higher or will it just turn off?
    It will automatically decrease throttle so it's not plummeting to the ground, but rather has a slowed controlled decent. At this point, the quad will be disarmed, meaning the throttle will not be active (the TX will emit a tone that tells you when it has lost and re-gained signal). The user will have the click down on the throttle lever and return the lever to zero for the quad to re-arm (same procedure used when first flying the quad each time). This will give you throttle control again.

This was done for multiple reasons, but the main one being that if a beginner panics and does not remember to go down on the throttle, may just gun it and they would never see the quad again if this failsafe was not in place. So, even if they do panic, yes it will go very very high, but it will come back down, slowly, and in one piece. There was a lot of thought that went into what the user may do and what needs to happen to make sure every flight by every person, no matter the skill level, is enjoyable.

As you fly the quad more and more this will become second nature (arming and disarming the quad). If you do happen to lose signal, it will not be an issue to get it re-armed and under your control FAR before it comes close to the ground.

RC Racer
    Can you test how much weight it can lift?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

Can you test how much weight it can lift?
    I tested the weight carrying capacity to answer another post. I lifted as much as 40 grams but it took 70% throttle with a fully charged battery and was not long before it took almost 100% to keep it in the air. It handled 20 grams quite well with reasonable performance and flight times. You can find my full answer in this post: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...GoPro-on-Alias

I strapped a GoPro Hero 2. Fully charged it works maybe 30 seconds of flight time and is pushing it past the limit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    cool! i'll wait til the chop shops on ebay post them. my lhs prices are ridiculous!
    Mine too, I hate to not support a local business but when your prices are too high then my wallet can't go in. They will be doing some soldering for my Spartan soon! back to the Alias, I think that this will be my first TRX air vehicle! and what looks like to be the best! mth-hobby has some parts for it now!
    PM for info.....

RC poster
    What is the plug for on the bottom of the quad

Quote Originally Posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
    What is the plug for on the bottom of the quad
    That is for "future" accessories. I am not at liberty to say what those accessories might be at this point in time.
    Last edited by Propsmoke; 11-14-2013 at 10:46 AM.

That is for "future" accessories. I am not at liberty to say what those accessories might be at this point in time.
    $100 says it's a camera!!!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12