RC Qualifier

Finally arrived!

So I finally went and picked up my new Alias. Once I got home got her all unboxed and got the battery on the charger. Only bad news was that my extra batteries I oreded weren't there yet. Was only able to get in two packs last night, but man it was def alot of fun! I def can't wait to get my extra batteries cause the wait between packs is no good. lol. I also had swapped out the controller sticks also, so much better! Here's just a quick pic more to come!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep...extra batteries and traditional control sticks are a must!

RC Racer
    Sweet! I can't wait for mine to come!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Enthusiast
    Looks great I have mine at my LHS but I am working a 12 shift today and will not be able to get it. How long did it take you to charge the batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by evilalf View Post
    Looks great I have mine at my LHS but I am working a 12 shift today and will not be able to get it. How long did it take you to charge the batteries?
    On "Fast" (1A charge rate) it will take about 40 minutes to fully charge. That is assuming the LiPo is fully drained. The lipos come out of the box at storage charge so it should be a little less than 40 minutes and you will be in the air.

RC Qualifier
    Am I able to use my "normal" lipo charger that I use for all my other batteries? Cause If I remembe I think I have a attachment for the plug style on these batteries from another RC.

Maybe wont be so anxious once the rest of my batteries are in but def looking for a quicker charge.
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Am I able to use my "normal" lipo charger that I use for all my other batteries? Cause If I remembe I think I have a attachment for the plug style on these batteries from another RC.

Maybe wont be so anxious once the rest of my batteries are in but def looking for a quicker charge.
    We suggest using the included charger. It has a normal mode (0.5A charge rate) and a fast mode (1A charge rate).

"Normal" chargers have so many options for chemistry, cell count, cell type, and charge rate that you could have dangerous results if you do not know exactly what you are doing. Also, the included charger is set to only charge at 1.5C max (1A) to make sure the battery does not become internally damaged from charging too fast. I understand you being anxious, but you could damage the battery or more if you rush it.

The short answer is yes you can use a "normal" charger, but we do not recommend that you do.

The plug is a red two pin connector that's pretty common in hobby applications. If you can set your charger to 1 cell (3.7v) LiPo and charge at 1.0A or less you should be good to go. The stock charger is inexpensive, super easy to use and will keep your normal RC charger free for other projects.
    Last edited by TireSlinger; 11-21-2013 at 05:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Took my alias out for its first outdoor flight last night. And must say wow! I was impressed just from flying inside, but taking it outside is a blast. Best part was it was at night and was at a friends apartmant complex and must say some people were def slowing down for the green bug flying around in the sky...lol. Pretty sure I got atleast 3-4 friends that are wanting one now.
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan